Fat Sam, suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid

Sonatine

BIG SAM: I WOULD SUCCEED AT BIG CLUBS

Posted 17/09/10 13:18

Sam Allardyce has claimed neither he nor Mark Hughes were given enough time at bigger clubs - and insisted he would win the title every year if he were manager of Real Madrid or Manchester United.

Allardyce and Hughes cross swords on Saturday as managers of mid-ranking clubs, Blackburn and Fulham respectively, with the Rovers boss denying that both men have found their true level.

Hughes was sacked by Manchester City last season while Allardyce's spell in charge of Newcastle lasted less than half a campaign.

Allardyce insisted however: "I'm not suited to Bolton or Blackburn, I would be more suited to Inter Milan or Real Madrid.

"It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time.

"Give me Manchester United or Chelsea and I would do the same, it wouldn't be a problem.

"It's not where I'm suited to, it's just where I've been for most of the time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."

Hughes has made a good start at Fulham, one of five teams still unbeaten in the top flight, and the trip to Ewood Park will be a return to old stomping grounds where he spent three seasons as a player and four years as manager.

Allardyce believes the Welshman was hard done-by at City, saying: "His Manchester City reign obviously was not long enough. A little bit like me at Newcastle, but I didn't last quite as long as Sparky though.

"He was given the chance and unfortunately at that stage of his career they decided to have a change.

"You look back on it and he'll be very disappointed because they only lost two games I think. But that is the way it is sometimes, there's a perception that other people can do better than you, but often the reality is not the case.

"He decided that Fulham was the place for him, he's taken over what he's described in his own words as a very good team and he's started where they left off last season."

Allardyce does believe Fulham will feel the loss of striker Bobby Zamora, who suffered a broken leg last week.

He added: "Bobby Zamora was the most improved player last year without a shadow of a doubt.

"He gets them into a European final, he gets himself in the England squad and all of a sudden he becomes an outstanding centre forward."

Ryan Nelsen and Michel Salgado are doubts for Blackburn after both limped off against Manchester City last weekend.

Nelsen had a kick to the instep and Salgado a thigh injury and both will have fitness tests just before the match. Keith Andrews (groin) remains sidelined.

I'd love to think there's an ironic lack of self-awareness at work here, but i'm guessing there isn't :unsure:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tuco Ramirez
:unsure:

He's about as convincing as a Nigerian Prince with £12m to be placed in my account.

ahahaha :huh:

"Ronnie's good in the air look for him with the long ball, and Higgy can run the channels, anyone shoots from outside the box I fine em weeks wages got that"

Guest Tuco Ramirez
They used to put people in asylums for delusions which don't some within a million miles of that shit.

Would've been brilliant watching the journalists faces covering their mouths as he came out with that. What's his greatest ever achievement? 7th with Bolton?

They used to put people in asylums for delusions which don't some within a million miles of that shit.

Would've been brilliant watching the journalists faces covering their mouths as he came out with that. What's his greatest ever achievement? 7th with Bolton?

Surely one of them must have laughed out loud when he said it? Or spurted tea out their nose?

Hughton has a higher coaching accreditation iirc.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...nited-blackburn

"This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration."

Maybe that's why Nolan's movement is so shit, Fat Sam kept putting him in the freeze chamber.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/20...nited-blackburn

"This, after all, is a manager who spent a small fortune of Bolton's resources on buying that club a Cryopod. Built with materials garnered from Nasa this sci-fi contraption is essentially a chill chamber where the temperature is set at -130C. Four minutes inside will freeze your eyeballs, five will kill you but 30 seconds seemingly kids the body into thinking its dying and thereby prompts its regeneration."

Maybe that's why Nolan's movement is so shit, Fat Sam kept putting him in the freeze chamber.

In the tradition of Dr. Who could we not have gotten Smith to regenerate into someone younger and better?

"It wouldn't be a problem to me to go and manage those clubs because I would win the double or the league every time.

"It's not a problem to take me into the higher reaches of the Champions League or Premier League and would make my job a lot easier in winning it."[/b]

:unsure:

Fat Sam went in for a circumcision but the doctor refused the procedure stating "I can't operate on this man, there's no end to this prick".

Seriously though, thought this was hilarious yet very sickening when I read the article, what exactly does he think qualifies him for any decent job?