Alan Smith

Monroe Transfer

If we're paying him £60k a week, I honestly don't think you can blame him wanting to hang around. He'd probably have to take an 80% paycut or something to go over there and he's not getting any younger. £3m is a lot of money to just forego.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we're paying him £60k a week, I honestly don't think you can blame him wanting to hang around. He'd probably have to take an 80% paycut or something to go over there and he's not getting any younger. £3m is a lot of money to just forego.

Fat sams handywork. ^_^

True, I suppose it depends on how much professional pride he has.

There's not much professional pride in the MLS tbf. He probably knows he's completely finished and isn't even that fussed about playing any more.

There's not much professional pride in the MLS tbf. He probably knows he's completely finished and isn't even that fussed about playing any more.

He's already worth at least £30m, he's got no honour or integrity at all. He's a leech, if I was him I'd tear my contract up and say "thanks very much for allowing me to pilfer £12m from your club in the last four years". It's basic decency when you're as shite as him to be truthful. He could probably go to Leeds and we'd pay half his salary from here for a year, but he won't because he's a disgrace to the name football.

He's already worth at least £30m, he's got no honour or integrity at all. He's a leech, if I was him I'd tear my contract up and say "thanks very much for allowing me to pilfer £12m from your club in the last four years". It's basic decency when you're as shite as him to be truthful. He could probably go to Leeds and we'd pay half his salary from here for a year, but he won't because he's a disgrace to the name football.

basically said what I was going to say, but articulated it a whole lot better. He is a complete leech. Can we not just pay him and tell him to fuck off?

Wonder if Ashley regrets getting his name on the back of his top.

Peas in a pod - money over integrity.

It's annoying that he's on such a ridiculous wage, and frustrating that he wants to stay, but I don't think he's a leech for doing it. His career has basically fizzled out while he's been here, and he can either stay here and claim a lottery win in wages for one final season or go to America and probably be perma-injured/too shit to get picked on much less money. It's a no-brainer.

Click

Smith is a firm fans' favourite at Newcastle for his indefatigable work rate and his tenacious tackling , but he has hinted he could be prepared for a fresh challenge abroad.

I stared at that one sentence aghast for about ten minutes

Yeah, his legs have gone a bit ^_^

• 1 month later...

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle...79310-29441530/

ALAN SMITH will NOT be heading out on loan this winter.

That is the message from Alan Pardew as he re-asserts his intention to keep ALL of his senior men at St James’ Park until the January transfer window.

Smith, still one of the highest paid players on the books, is yet to feature in a Premier League game for United this season but Pardew is still determined for him to remain on Tyneside to keep competition for places strong.

“There’s no chance of Alan going out on loan,” Pardew said.

“I think at the moment I’m fortunate in that most of my players in and around the squad are fit. The competition is tough just to get on the bench.

“That was a major problem for me last year, I was sitting on that bench and one game I had young Tav (James Tavernier), young Sammy Ameobi – and that was a year ago, not where he is now – and Donaldson was on one of the benches for a Premier League game.

“Now I’ve got established professionals and people like Dan Gosling and Alan Smith not on the bench.

“Now it’s obvious whether we’re winning, losing or drawing those names that ain’t on the bench will get a mention and quite rightly, because they’re important in the squad. But they have to keep pushing.”

Smith would have been in contention for Tuesday’s Carling Cup clash at Nottingham Forest but has picked up a minor injury.

“Unfortunately, Smudger got a little hamstring injury which may keep him out of Tuesday,” Pardew said.

He's still shit.

Not really accurate to be fair...he'd have to improve significantly to qualify as shit these days!

But it really is annoying that the management team can't see he's finished and is not only offering nothing when he appears but is actually a dangerous liability to the team, and any time he gets on the pitch is holding back a younger player who might have a chance at being good enough.

I'd have him out on loan like a shot even if the club he went to could only afford a tiny fraction of his wages and we paid the rest.

Smith is a fucking disaster, overpaid talentless liability. Every time the cunt gets on the pitch we start to look shit, giving away pointless free kicks in dangerous areas. He cost us the 3 points against WBA last season the wanker. The only bench I would have him on is a park bench, by the beach in Blyth. Cunt would not even get a game for Spartans.