Alan Smith

Monroe Transfer

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

think fergie playing him at centremid in the first place had a lot to do with it as well barton7

Oh aye and I'd agree with you there Ferguson trying to alter his entire game was a big factor in him ending up as bad as he is now, but he wasn't exactly class to begin with when at Leeds.

:D

We'd better get lil' Wayne back from his loan (if its gone through yet) cos we might be a bit light in midfield. Smith, B.Arfa and Gosling injured atm.

Gosling isn't?

Been withdrawn from the squad as a precaution for the game against Spurs.

We'd better get lil' Wayne back from his loan (if its gone through yet) cos we might be a bit light in midfield. Smith, B.Arfa and Gosling injured atm.

Gosling isn't?

Been withdrawn from the squad as a precaution for the game against Spurs.

Oh. :icon_lol:

Smith was ok in his first few championship games, maybe six at the most. He didn't drag us through though.

he was easily the hardest working player and on form player at the begining of the championship, shit now though

I feel bad that I'm glad he's out for the season. The worry is we could end up missing him if he's not replaced and we end up having to play some rookie kid in the middle if we pick up more injuries.

I'd say it's never good to see anyone pickup an injury, but then I'd be lying wouldn't I.

In all seriousness get well soon Alan.

Edited by OzToonFan

I feel bad that I'm glad he's out for the season. The worry is we could end up missing him if he's not replaced and we end up having to play some rookie kid in the middle if we pick up more injuries.

Could be a good thing, might give us a chance to see what the likes of Vuckic can really do.

hi, my name is rabit

i was born and have always lived in Gateshead

currently i live in "little Australia", or whatever the council likes to call it, next to the hilton

my earliest memories of a toon fan are keegan at the city hall and on the steps after andy cole

i am currently doing a genetics degree at newcastle uni and will probably do a phd after

likes: my opinions, however they are open to negotiation when rationally argued against in reasonable debate. banter. photoshopped pictures of stokoe. star wars

dislikes: arseholes who dont argue about actual football topics, but prefer to attack the posters themselves and question where they are from. cheese flavoured ice cream.

and now to bed

nice meeting you all

:suicide:

mark-morrison1.jpg

Return of the Fop?

hopefully

• 4 months later...
Is there something written into his contract that stipulates that he must play a certain amount a season? Is Ashley picking the team?

I'm at a loss as to why he's a.) still at the club, and b.) still getting games. It's bemusing.

Probably due to the fact no other club will take him on due to the obscene amount he gets paid.

• 2 months later...
And that is something Adrian Heath - the manager of Orlando - is keen to exploit in an attempt to entice the Yorkshire-born star across the Atlantic.

"I'd love to take Alan over here at some point," he told The Journal.

Contract

"We have spoken a couple of times so far and it seems at the moment he wants to sit out the last year of his contract at Newcastle.

"So I may have to wait but if anything changes, he can come to Orlando whenever he wants.

"I know he'd like it here and I'd love to sign him."

Horrible, useless, disgraceful, greedy, devoid of any pride greedy Yorkshire bastard.

In the name of god go!

And that is something Adrian Heath - the manager of Orlando - is keen to exploit in an attempt to entice the Yorkshire-born star across the Atlantic.

"I'd love to take Alan over here at some point," he told The Journal.

Contract

"We have spoken a couple of times so far and it seems at the moment he wants to sit out the last year of his contract at Newcastle.

"So I may have to wait but if anything changes, he can come to Orlando whenever he wants.

"I know he'd like it here and I'd love to sign him."

Horrible, useless, disgraceful, greedy, devoid of any pride greedy Yorkshire bastard.

In the name of god go!

...and take those bi-weekly haricuts with you! ^_^