Newcastle United v Chelsea.

Park Life

Very pleased with the result as the second half was mostly one-way traffic headed towards our goal and a bit nail-biting.

I think Hughton was too slow in taking Shola off as he wasn't contributing much.

Carroll did OK but he's not getting the service nor support he needs.

Guthrie and Routledge didn't shine.

Tiote is good but he scares me on occasion with his ball losing.

When Chelsea scored I thought it was going to be the end for us.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although them scoring just before H/T wasn't the best, I think it almost did us a favour. If they had come out in the second half 1-0 down we could have easily seen them get one and then carry on the momentum to get a second. The break almost stopped them carrying on the momentum, but then again they were all over us for most of that 2nd half.

When they were dominating possession in the second half it was because Routledge, Jonas and Guthrie are all fucking fairy cakes. Tbf to Guthrie he did get stuck in a bit in the second half but he is poor at collecting under pressure and is easily muscled off the ball. The two wide lads need to start contesting a few 50-50 balls too, the amount of times they dont commit for fear of getting hurt is shocking really. For me, this is why we were unable to get a foothold in the match in the second half. Its a shame really as Chelsea's luck was awful and we could have stolen the 3 points with a bit more strength in midfield.

Guthries has not had many games this season but he needs to get sharper and stronger, jury still out on him for me as PL player but signs not great today. Jonas needs to stop being so gay and Routledge needs to gain some confidence, as he had some very good moments. Just not consistent over the 90 mins.

Back four did quite well considering.

Good summary - I'd have Guthrie in the gym to try and build a bit of strength.

We could probably do with a Barton type left sided midfielder but I can't think of any.

I'd also like to state how much I hate Anelka for just being so fucking good - and how much I hate Drogbha for being a cheating cunt.

Wow, can't quite believe all the threads on us on the Sunderland board. Having a go because the stadium wasn't full, christ...! :lol: Of course I'm sure the major snowfall didn't provide anyone with any problems...

Amazing crowd given the circumstances. 46'000 + for fucks sake. ;)

Wow, can't quite believe all the threads on us on the Sunderland board. Having a go because the stadium wasn't full, christ...! :lol: Of course I'm sure the major snowfall didn't provide anyone with any problems...

Amazing crowd given the circumstances. 46'000 + for fucks sake. ;)

Yeah, their one sane poster actually pointed out a load of their fans bottled the Everton match because it was raining!

good point against the 1st/2nd top team in the country, who completely outclassed us for periods.

Not going to say owt else. I'd have taken a point before the game.

Scary when we play teams like this, and the prospect of losing players like Carroll, Enrique and Tiote though, and not necessarily to clubs like Chelsea, but others who notice how good they are against such opposition.

Guittierez is either carrying an injury or wanting to move. True he is playing against class players but lately he has lost some of his application.

Taylor and Campbell were steady as a rock. Campbell was one of the best in europe in his prime, and Taylor playing his first game for a year the way he did proved what he can give to the club. This is the best central defensive pairing we have just now.

Ameobi is back to his blundering hopeless best. How the fuck he is still playing in the premiership is beyond me. Keegan and to his credit, Allardyce, sussed him out. Unfortunately if we sell him, he will probably be replaced by another sub standard "bargain" like Leon Best

Just read on Tyne-Talk that they gave Routledge the man of the match. And too right. The critisism he's got since we've been back up, about time he performed well and gets the credit for it too. Sometimes doesnt take the man on when he should, but good passing and some good balls in too. Showed Ashley Cole up.

Just read on Tyne-Talk that they gave Routledge the man of the match. And too right. The critisism he's got since we've been back up, about time he performed well and gets the credit for it too. Sometimes doesnt take the man on when he should, but good passing and some good balls in too. Showed Ashley Cole up.

:lol: Did he fuck man.

Turned him many times, AshOle was crap today

Turned him many times, AshOle was crap today

;) Ok Rainman.

Havent read the thread and not long being in from the pub.

My first inclination is not to comment on the obvious and well documented weakness's within our team and instead comment on the overall match.

While we were outpassed during various patches I thought overall, considering recent results and considering who we were playing, we did very well and I can say imo 1-1 was a fair result.

A well earned point, well done.

Good point and would have taken it any day of the week but can't help but feel they were there for the taking. When we attacked they shit themselves but most of the time we sat far too deep.

Ameobi and Guthrie were fucking wank. I think Shola touched the ball about three times the second half and Guthrie seemed to want to keep the ball moving backwards as much as possible. Shola if he's in the mood can be almost unplayable but he's very rarely in that sort of mood. Guthrie's not a premiership player. He's no pace and no strength.

Campbell and Taylor both played well but were tired towards the end. I though Simpson was canny too.

Tiote, Ricky and Caroll are a class above though and we will do well to hold onto them. It will be a sign of where the board wants to go when the inevitable bids come in. I suspect we all know what to expect though!

Thought that Campbell was our best player, he's absolutely massive and inspires confidence around him. Saylor looked ok to say he's had 3 reserve games in about 7 month, and it was encouraging. The ref made some odd decisions though, there was one in the second half that was either a free kick in a very dangerous position for us or a goal kick and he gave a corner. I was a bit frustrated second half cos I felt they were there for the taking and we were only ever attacking in three's with everyone else wary of the counter.

I thought the ground looked mint yesterday had a lovely feel to it with the snow blocking the light on the roof right round the ground, atmosphere was okish, but to say they had 3000 Chelsea fans were very poor, it's not Chelsea of old that's for certain.

Anyway decent result, that'll dee. Tell you what Tiote is TEN times Mikel, when you see players from level 7, you notice where they move on the pitch more, Mikel just stays in the same place and does fuck all. He truly is shite, I can't be the only one that thinks this. We would've taken 9th top going in to December, happy days. I feel more hungover today than I did the Monday after the mackems though.

Good point and would have taken it any day of the week but can't help but feel they were there for the taking. When we attacked they shit themselves but most of the time we sat far too deep.

Ameobi and Guthrie were fucking wank. I think Shola touched the ball about three times the second half and Guthrie seemed to want to keep the ball moving backwards as much as possible. Shola if he's in the mood can be almost unplayable but he's very rarely in that sort of mood. Guthrie's not a premiership player. He's no pace and no strength.

Campbell and Taylor both played well but were tired towards the end. I though Simpson was canny too.

Tiote, Ricky and Caroll are a class above though and we will do well to hold onto them. It will be a sign of where the board wants to go when the inevitable bids come in. I suspect we all know what to expect though!

Fair result TBH - both sides could have won it

I said it when I happened and I'll say it again, Routledge was very unlucky to not get the winner with that shot Cole headed off the line.

Was a rocket.

Watched the replay on MOTD and the contact caused Cole to go into full body spaz out.

I said it when I happened and I'll say it again, Routledge was very unlucky to not get the winner with that shot Cole headed off the line.

Was a rocket.

Watched the replay on MOTD and the contact caused Cole to go into full body spaz out.

Shame it didn't kill the cunt. That song didn't make sense neither "oh Cheryl Tweedy, you are the love of my life, oh Cheryl Tweedy I'd let you shag my wife, oh Cheryl Tweedy I hate Ashley Cole too"

You wouldn't let Tweedy dyke out with your lass?

Is the term shag though?

I thought Jonas was poor yesterday mind, was like he had a velcro boot on, lost the ball so fuckin many times. Ah and Shola, am sure it's been mentioned but fuck me I'm sick of him. His effort yesterday was an absolute disgrace, Ranger done more in 10 mins than Shola did in 80, lazy twat, sick of him, he picks and chooses when he can be arsed.