Relegation ?

LeazesMag

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hughton going could make all the difference. A lot has depended on the team spirit.

Am I reading into things too much that the same time Hughton denies Newspaper stories that he lets senior players pick the team, Nolan and Barton get 'injured'?

Hughton going could make all the difference. A lot has depended on the team spirit.

Am I reading into things too much that the same time Hughton denies Newspaper stories that he lets senior players pick the team, Nolan and Barton get 'injured'?

Probably :lol:

i'd like to retract my earlier comments in the light of today's event. hughton would be the main reason we would survive. relegation a serious possibility now. hopefully we have enough on the board to give us a fighting chance but the longer we remain mangerless, the more likely we'll get sucked into it again.

This beggars belief. Hughton has done a great job considering the ridiculous constraints placed on him by the fat cockney bastard. If someone had suggested at the start of the season that we would be 10th in the league with victories against Villa, Arsenal, Everton and the Scum, along with a point against Chelsea, then he would have been called deluded.

Chris was given a remit of premiership survival this season, and he was well on course to achieve that. Despite a couple of ropey performances, for the most part, the lads have played their heart out. No manager worth his salt is going to come here after this, especially when there will be no money available for transfers for the forseeable future.

Ashley is killing this club, and every time things start to settle down, he goes and pulls another stupid stunt like this. Until the fat fuck leaves Tyneside for good, we are right up shit creek, and relegation seems a much more likely prospect than it did yesterday, especially if a donkey like Pardue or god help us, JFK, is brought in.

If as has been suggested Pardew is the new manager then I think we will be in trouble.

I'm straight down the bookies if he is announced.

I put a tenner on him just after Hughton was sacked and intend to put the winnings on us to go down if I'm correct.

If as has been suggested Pardew is the new manager then I think we will be in trouble.

I'm straight down the bookies if he is announced.

I put a tenner on him just after Hughton was sacked and intend to put the winnings on us to go down if I'm correct.

:):lol:

• 2 weeks later...

From the .com City report:

2008/09: NUFC after 18 games: 22 points, 12th position (scored 24, conceded 25)

2010/11: NUFC after 18 games: 22 points, 9th position (scored 28, conceded 29)

If the fat cunt does what he did 2 years ago and sells a player who would have made the difference (Given/Carroll) then I think we're in deep shit. All of those who are saying "no chance" are dreaming imo.

If the fat cunt does what he did 2 years ago and sells a player who would have made the difference (Given/Carroll) then I think we're in deep shit. All of those who are saying "no chance" are dreaming imo.

This time in the 08/09 season I was saying no chance. I looked at the teams below and the quality of player we had. ;)

No chance

08/09 season I felt we were down from christmas but this season I'm more than confident we'll finish mid-table (11th/12th).

Wolves will gan, The 'ammers will gan and Blackborn will gan. Nailed on. B'burn would've been guaranteed to stop up but since FSA's sacking I can't see them surviving with Kean in charge. Even if they didn't Wigan and Blackpool won't mind diving down.

I bet the league wasnt as tight back in 08/09 as it is this year either.

The difference is we look like a good side when alls well this year. (ie when suspensions and injuries allow). Once we add a few gems in January ;) we will be flying all the way. Get yer passports ready.

Personally, I think you are safe. Unless Pardew really fucks up, I'd say you'll finish around 13th. Blackburn, Wolves, Brum, Fulham, Wigan, Blackpool or even Villa are more likely to be relegated.

The only way Blackburn can avoid relegation is if we play a blinder in the transfer market and sign 2 good midfielders and at least 1 quality striker.

Personally, I think you are safe. Unless Pardew really fucks up, I'd say you'll finish around 13th. Blackburn, Wolves, Brum, Fulham, Wigan, Blackpool or even Villa are more likely to be relegated.

The only way Blackburn can avoid relegation is if we play a blinder in the transfer market and sign 2 good midfielders and at least 1 quality striker.

Dont worry. Im sure Mike has been on the phone to your chicken boys

"I hear you have £5m. How about that for Andy Carroll?"

That's survival form to be fair. Would net us 46 or 47 points if we keep up that rate....it was the shite at/after christmas that screwed us in 08/09.

Too early to tell if the same will happen this season, but despite Ashley's best efforts to create turmoil, I'm happy enough with the performances since Pardew arrived.

After we beat Spurs around Xmas time two years ago, did we win another game before Boro at home? We were fucking dreadful after Xmas until the end of the season. We've got a decent cushion between us and the bottom 3 as well this time round. I'm not complacent by any means and wouldn't underestimate Ashley's ability to fuck things up but I have a much better feeling about our survival chances. I don't think Carroll or Enrique will go in January either.