Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

No but that isn't how it works.

Say the wage bill is £5m and we pay Smith £1m.

Smith goes and we replace him with two players that get £500k each, meaning the wage bill stays at £5m.

The following year, the wage bill remains £5m (assuming no other movements), and that's a wage bill that we are happy with, so you don't need to find any money from anywhere as that wage bill is supported by your operating revenue (gates, TV money etc).

Is the correct answer.

Wage burden or what we're prepared to pay will increase in line with revenue's

How do revenues go up though? ;)

I take what you and Gemmil are saying completely, am far from an accountant. But the bottom line is we don't borrow any more, we are, according to Dekka limited for revenue streams, so if we're going to grow its going to be via player sales. And in 18 months time when Xisco is off the wage bill we'll have little room for growth other than selling some more players.

How do revenues go up though? ;)

I take what you and Gemmil are saying completely, am far from an accountant. But the bottom line is we don't borrow any more, we are, according to Dekka limited for revenue streams, so if we're going to grow its going to be via player sales. And in 18 months time when Xisco is off the wage bill we'll have little room for growth other than selling some more players.

European games, added sponsorship etc.

Trading players is a fact of life, we are fortunate that we can demand top whack if and when we get sniped.

See the financial summary stuff/link I posted, there's going to have to be a lot of belt tightening most everywhere (but us) in the EPL, if one of the mega rich come in we're screwed anyway, but it'll cost them !!

Edited by Toonpack

Question for Brock and Baggio (or anyone else) how many players do you think we'll lose this summer?....you can give a champions league answer and a Europa league answer.... Ill go 3 if its europa league, Tiote, Demba and Krul, and 1 if its champs league i.e. Tiote. That's the ones theyre willing to sell, am not ruling out offers being accepted for Cabaye, Ben Arfa and Cisse etc...

To be completely honest mate I don't know, all I do know is that we will sell if we get an offer we think is too good to turn down so it depends on who is prepared to pay top price, apart from Ba of course who has the clause that we know of (i think he will go btw)

The difference between this summer and last IMO is that we don't need a rebuilding squad so shouldn't need to sell unless it benefits us, like I said if the article is correct and we do turn a £10 million profit, add to that the sales of Simpson and Forster then that should give us the money to buy a right back and a centre back, which is what we really need.

All this talk of selling players for silly money. As much as I rate Krul, Cabaye and Ba I don't think anyone would pay £20m+ for them after 1 season. Someone might, but who?

The only one I can see leaving is Tiote who would be immense at Man Utd

I think we've been told enough times that all of our players are up for sale. Why does Pardew have to remind us every week for the love of God.

Tbf he was asked a question on a phone in and gave an honest answer. I see nothing wrong with that.

I know. He could tell the journos to shove off next time maybe.

Why? he's simply stating one of the main facts of life of the modern game.

If he did tell them to "shove off" headlines next day would be Pardew unhappy at NUFC or at odds with NUFC policy or some such.

Edited by Toonpack

Why? he's simply stating one of the main facts of life of the modern game.

If he did tell them to "shove off" headlines next day would be Pardew unhappy at NUFC or at odds with NUFC policy or some such.

Well he doesnt literally have to say shove off, it could be done with subtlety :P

You're right, it is a fact and like I said we are well aware of it. Just having to listen to it and seeing it appear on news pages every week makes it seems a bit like an invitation to bid, quite literally!

Edited by aimaad22

James Nursey ‏ @JamesNursey

Pardew says #NUFC had a "special year" and thanks Chris Hughton for letting him "inherit winning spirit" . Nice speech

Classy :nufc:

Cant really get better than being selected best by your peers.

Cant really get better than being selected best by your peers.

He joins an illustrious group of great managers from the past 20 years, also recognised by their peers at the LMA...Steve Coppell, Joe Kinnear, Frank Clark, Peter Reid, Danny Wilson, Dave Jones, Alan Curbishley, George Burley....

It's more of a curse than a blessing.

He joins an illustrious group of great managers from the past 20 years, also recognised by their peers at the LMA...Steve Coppell, Joe Kinnear, Frank Clark, Peter Reid, Danny Wilson, Dave Jones, Alan Curbishley, George Burley....

It's more of a curse than a blessing.

Classic Happy Face biased sampling?

Classic Happy Face biased sampling?

I was making a biased point. Feel free to compare him to the other winners if you want to oppose it...they're Fergie, Wenger, Moyes and Hodgson.