Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interested to hear how the last fortnight changes Chez's narrative.

Change from what?

What is my current take on events since January? The club did the right thing in the January transfer market and according to the vast majority, the right thing in not sacking Pardew in December / early Jan. Since Jan to April, it was 1 win in 2 which was good enough from a results perspective not to sack him. Its fallen apart in the last few weeks.

Thats not really a narrative, more a bald description of events.

I certainly wouldn't like. I'd also expect better from somebody like Renton than to use the typical insults towards our French recruitments.

Howay, I'm saying they're living up to the stereotype, not that I agree with it.

But, fwiw, I think the fact that most of them have little affinity to the club and area isn't helpful. The players can't be absolved in their responsibility to the mess we're in.

We weren't anywhere near shocking in the first half

We were never really under pressure from Benfica but the football was awful, it was like watching Stoke. Anita didn't have a clue, long ball, fail, long ball, fail, repeat.

Howay, I'm saying they're living up to the stereotype, not that I agree with it.

But, fwiw, I think the fact that most of them have little affinity to the club and area isn't helpful. The players can't be absolved in their responsibility to the mess we're in.

Completely agree. Then again Steven Taylor has been dreadful the last two home games and we know what his afinity is with the club and that hasn't helped.

Is it fair to say that if you set the club up to be used as a "stepping stone" to bigger and better things then we shouldn't be that surprised when it goes wrong?.....in saying that, have many of them shown enough to warrant a move to Chelsea or someone like that?..Demba definetly did tbf, not sure about the rest. Looking at the goals scored column its clear not replacing him was a huge mistake.

Edited by PaddockLad

The overall 9-0 aggregate score from our last two home games is partly down to Pardew's tactics. In poker terms, he went all in after half time.

At 1-0 down against the mackems, we just needed a goal to change the game in our favour, so he threw on some attacking subs and we inevitably got done by a couple of swift counter attacks.

At 2-0 down against Liverpool, we just needed a goal to alter the balance of the game, so he threw on some attacking subs and we got ripped apart as our centre midfield went missing.

It's almost exactly like we were last season - if we don't score first, we invariably lose the game. What worked against Stoke and against Chelsea at home didn't work in the last two games.

I hope you're right but Wigan always seem to wriggle free.

The three point differential/swing between us from that abortion of a refereeing display down there may well bite us yet !!!

Plus Wigan actually look a threat going forward, unlike us.

That's really the main problem as far as I'm concerned.

Shola is nowhere near good enough to be our second choice striker and it's wrecked our confidence all over the pitch.

Main problem for me is Cabaye who looks absolutely fucked. He holds his groin at least 5 times a game.

Him being our playmaker, captain and leader is making the situation even worse, as there isn't really anyone else who can adequately fill his boots.

I fully understand everyone's frustrations with Pardew and also the calls for him to be replaced. He has to take responsibility for a number of mistakes which have put us in this situation. However, I think the players deserve more frustrations/anger their way. Just seen that Tiote is likely to miss the rest of the season for a stamp on Sturridge, then we have Debuchy missing because a stupid second yellow. Then we have a stand in captain that doesn't know how to lead, and at times look completely disinterested. I can't help but feel that everything is against Pardew, and then to make stupid mistakes with line-ups etc is just adding to his shit situation.

I fully understand everyone's frustrations with Pardew and also the calls for him to be replaced. He has to take responsibility for a number of mistakes which have put us in this situation. However, I think the players deserve more frustrations/anger their way. Just seen that Tiote is likely to miss the rest of the season for a stamp on Sturridge, then we have Debuchy missing because a stupid second yellow. Then we have a stand in captain that doesn't know how to lead, and at times look completely disinterested. I can't help but feel that everything is against Pardew, and then to make stupid mistakes with line-ups etc is just adding to his shit situation.

Cabaye as captain is down to Pardew.

Cabaye as captain is down to Pardew.

I get that. But if you'd have asked us fans who we wanted at that point as captain, I'm sure that we'd have all said Cabaye. I think we miss that Barton/Nolan character on and off the field.

Pardew, to be fair, has admitted he's got it wrong on a number of occasions. He admitted he got it wrong at the weekend.

It doesn't necessarily change your key point of " the wounds of the last fortnight just won't heal for me", however. This is the big one for me. It takes a manager who is self-assured and very confident to be able to bounce back from the last few weeks.

“Do you think I am going to say they [tactics] were right when we were 3-0 down?

“I felt what we tried to do in the game we did not achieve.

“I felt moving Yohan Cabaye on a place would work for us.

“It was where he played last time we played Liverpool.

“We could not get a grip, though, and we lacked threat down the flanks.

“There were a lot of things wrong. My selection of the team is open to criticism – of course it is.”

Wigan's final game of the season is v Villa too. They have Man City and Arsenal to play, hopefully they smash them.

Unfortunately Citeh is the cup final so it's not going to help us in the league!

They're away to West Brom and Home to Swansea (neither of which really have anything to play for now) on Saturday and Tuesday. If they lose those games we're basically safe. Should they win them both I know I'll be shitting myself!

Pardew, to be fair, has admitted he's got it wrong on a number of occasions. He admitted he got it wrong at the weekend.

Pardew's admitting he was wrong is saying maybe he has to look at himself, followed by a wide range of excuses.

Re-writing of history of biblical proportions taking place today :lol:

95% of Newcastle fans were delighted with Pardew last May. 5th place, Europe, manager of the year. :lol:

Because he produced a great result last year should I not have chirped up when I saw it all going wrong this year?

Should those of us who used to like Jim'll fix it, still like Saville?

Massively flawed argument.

Me personally, I've never been delighted with him, primarily because the bloke is an arsehole. He thrived last season because of momentum and luck, he's been exposed this season when the going got tough.