Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keeping off the managerial merry go round is no bad thing in the longer term.

You should try N-O good number there STILL want him binned or at least shifted in the summer.

Personally I think if there's somebody out there in the summer better than him then we should look to say goodbye.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure about his "We're safe" statement. I think we probably are but even though we've improved drastically away from home since the signings (and lost two games despite that) the 5 away games don't look that easy and we could still easily lose 3 or even 4 of them.

Of the home games I'm very wary of Liverpool and Arsenal and even though they're shite, you never count on a derby which leaves one "winnable" game left.

As I said probably safe but paranoia suggests two wins (As I think only Reading look doomed atm) are needed which aren't that obvious.

I'm not sure about his "We're safe" statement. I think we probably are but even though we've improved drastically away from home since the signings (and lost two games despite that) the 5 away games don't look that easy and we could still easily lose 3 or even 4 of them.

Of the home games I'm very wary of Liverpool and Arsenal and even though they're shite, you never count on a derby which leaves one "winnable" game left.

As I said probably safe but paranoia suggests two wins (As I think only Reading look doomed atm) are needed which aren't that obvious.

Form table would suggest we'll win at least two of the last 9:

1 Manchester United 6 5 1 0 +10 16

2 Arsenal 6 4 1 1 +6 13

3 Tottenham Hotspur 6 4 1 11 +3 13

4 Newcastle United 6 4 0 2 +3 12

5 Liverpool 6 3 2 1 +8 11

6 Manchester City 6 3 2 1 +3 11

7 Chelsea 6 3 1 2 +2 10

8 West Bromwich Albion 6 3 0 3 +1 9

9 Everton 6 2 2 2 0 8

10 Fulham 6 2 2 2 0 8

11 Queens Park Rangers 6 2 2 2 -2 8

12 Aston Villa 6 2 1 3 -1 7

13 Swansea City 6 2 1 3 -3 7

14 Norwich City 6 1 4 1 -3 7

15 West Ham United 6 2 0 4 -6 6

16 Southampton 6 1 2 3 -2 5

17 Wigan Athletic 6 1 2 3 -5 5

18 Stoke City 6 1 1 4 -3 4

19 Reading 6 1 1 4 -6 4

20 Sunderland 6 0 2 4 -5 2

I think you're being pessimistic. I'd fancy us to Fulham and the mackems. I'd fancy us to get a point (at the very least) against West Ham, West Brom and QPR and we're entirely capable of getting something from the Liverpool game too. The only games I'd write off are the Arsenal and Man City games.

Yep. Yesterday was a big game.

We're still in the Europa League and have climbed out of trouble. I really don't think we'll get sucked back down into the bottom 3.

The lack of energy that was dragging us down seems to have been fixed by a very impressive transfer window. I hope Ashley learns the need to keep things fresh and moving forward with the squad.

The panic that set in with certain people wanting Pardew out does show how important it is to have calm heads in football.

Pardew is priming Ben Arfa to return hungry and in form so I share his optimism after yesterday. We've got a fairly settled first 11 who are getting used to playing with each other, a world class talent to come back into the side and only City who we should write off getting points against.

Funny how you've changed your tune.

Funny how people get criticized both for changing their view or sticking to same old. I'm saying he has progressed, credits for that.