Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Again a good article but I've a question about the stats:

These claims don't necessarily relate to the table that you've included. The table states the percentage of games that haven't been scored in. Your claims work on an assumption that when we/Wycombe have scored that it's only been one goal a game, ruling out the possibility that they/we got three or four in a single game.

The stats may we be true but I'm just pointing out that they can't be taken from the table provided.

Seeing them score just once means seeing them score any number during one game you saw.

I may be inarticulate and inaccurate, but I'm not paid as a writer or a statistician so spending an hour of my work day on it was cheeky enough to start, without going into second and third drafts. :razz:

Good article HF, but what about the people who can't give up.their season tickets? :razz: What of their Stockholm Syndrome as it relates to Mr Ashley?

Only the people who empathise with Mr Ashley could be described as having Stockhom Syndrome related to him. The likes of Toonpack, BigWalrus and CT.

I think they've all given up their Season Tickets though, so it's not a particularly strong affection they've built.

good read HF, enjoyed that.

i admit to blaming ashley more than pardew over the years, mainly because i shudder to imagine who he might be replaced with, so i suppose i could be considered part of the 8%.

but these days i'm of the view that pardew is just as big a part of the problem. they all have to go.

There's a discussion over on NO imagining if Dennis Wise hadn't been at the club allowing Keegan & Graham Carr to work together. You can just hear Carr now " there you go Kev there's Ben Arfa, Cabaye, Debuchy, & Remy " we wouldn't be in the mess we're in.

we would though. keegan would never have lasted working under ashley, whether wise had been appointed or not. keegan demands autonomy over transfer dealings and ashley would still sell players from under his nose.

my pleasure :lol: 

for what it's worth, i reckon keegan would work brilliantly as manager alongside carr as his scout - just not working for ashley. 

I remember saying in 96 when Hall was really trying to put us on the map that he should have offered Dario Gradi a shit load to leave Crewe and oversee our youth setup -another facet of the same dream team notion.

“When you look at the teams now and the money that’s being spent, you have to be honest and say it’s going to be difficult replicating that 5th place finish ... clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well. You look at a club like Southampton, and they’re in a much stronger financial position than us in terms of purchasing players.

“When you look at the teams now and the money that’s being spent, you have to be honest and say it’s going to be difficult replicating that 5th place finish ... clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well. You look at a club like Southampton, and they’re in a much stronger financial position than us in terms of purchasing players.

Bk8HG6OCMAA6NJF.jpg

jesus wept, is that a genuine quote from pardew?

i can't think of a single reason why southampton or swansea should be in a stronger financial position in terms of buying players when we've spent the square route of zero in the last few years.

Great quote from Keegan, but it's irreconcilable to the modern game at the top level.

not necessarily, given decent backing.

we should at least be dreaming of competing with the big boys instead of drifting aimlessly. that'd be enough for most of us

not necessarily, given decent backing. 

we should at least be dreaming of competing with the big boys instead of drifting aimlessly. that'd be enough for most of us 

You mean like we were doing in December when we were 6 points off top after 18 games or like two seasons back when we finished fifth?

You mean like we were doing in December when we were 6 points off top after 18 games or like two seasons back when we finished fifth?

We've never had the squad to compete with the top 4 and won't for many years now, we've always been an injury or two away from mediocrity under Pardew.

And then we sold the catalyst of that good run without even the feeblest of attempts to replace him, leaving a massive crater in an already fragile squad/dressing room.

Great logic, why do you always feel the need to defend this regime? It's like being controversial fills a massive void in your cyber world.

Edited by Anorthernsoul