Alan Pardew - Poltroon sacked by a forrin team

Kid Dynamite

What does Pardew Deserve?  

90 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Big test for the Pards tomorrow, forced into changing the system but he knew it would happen at some point. Going to be very interesting to see how he sets the side up.

Could stay with 442 and put Santon/Raylor as the RM.

Will be an interesting match that's for sure. Everton are very beatable right now.

Big test for the Pards tomorrow, forced into changing the system but he knew it would happen at some point. Going to be very interesting to see how he sets the side up.

Could stay with 442 and put Santon/Raylor as the RM.

Will be an interesting match that's for sure. Everton are very beatable right now.

If he's going to stick with 4-4-2, I'd be inclined to play Santon, Marveaux of even HBA as the right-midfielder. That way you're only changing one position and not disrupting the defence. Or defense as Toon Pack would say.

Really not happy with his continuing sitting of Marv, Santon and Ben Arfa on the bench. It nearly cost us against Wolves and Spurs, it'd better not cost us today...

But it didnt? Im not sure who we would swap. Simpson for Santon? Marv for Obertan and Ben Arfa for Best?

I dont rate Best but he has been excellent these last few games. More the provider but still. I thyink Marv in for Obertan is a no brainer but Im not expecting to see Ben Arfa start or Santon. Depending how the game goes I could see Santon getting a longer spell second half. I also think Tiote may miss out for Guthrie.

Based on his goal last year and a sneaking feeling Pardew wanted to keep him away from the Stoke game, i think he will start Ben Arfa tomorrow. In which case, i like alex's suggestion of a 3-man midfield but that would be a real test for Cabaye.

That or he goes like for like with Marveaux replacing Obertan but we would then lack height and physicality down the right flank. The 4-4-2 is the system that is working for us at the minute so you have to assume he will stick to it. Marveaux and Ben Arfa replacing Obertan and Best? The conundrum there is that Ba clearly likes to play a deeper role alongside another striker, so how do you play Ben Arfa and Ba together. He may avoid this by just replacing Obertan and leaving the option of bringing Ben Arfa on second half.

Think Pardoo is very much keeping to his system and round pegs in round holes for it.

Whether he continues to treat Marveaux with kid gloves and goes with Guthrie/Lovenkrands/Smith on the right, think it'll just be a straight swap for Obertan. Would prefer Marveaux though, cos the rest are all canny gash out wide.

I would just stick to what weve been doing all season and bring in Marveaux down the right to stick with the pace weve had there, plus i think we'll need some attacking threat on the right wing as if we go with Guthrie/Santon on the right we'd have very little attacking wise coming from either flank.

The time for tinkering might be the next three games after Everton when the pressure is off us and arent expecting to get a result no matter whichever team we put out

If I've got one criticism of us so far, it's that we occasionally make things harder for ourselves.

By which I mean, on at least 4 occasions this season we've found ourselves 2 up, only for the opposition to score and make things tense for us. Against Blackburn and Stoke on Monday we managed to get a third to make things comfortable but against Wolves and today it was a nervy finish to the match. 2-1 is a horrible score if you were 2 up, as the monentum then tends to be with the losing side.

One thing we've not done this season is destroy a team. For all our improvements, by this time last year we'd won 6-0 and 5-1 already. To be fair though I reckon if we'd scored a third goal today before they scored, we could won it by at least that amount. Could well have put more past Blackburn too.

edit; probably not the best thread for the above, but then again I guess it's got something to do with Pardew. Or not, like at all.

Edited by Tecato

My main criticism of Pardew is that he has never, not once, put out a team that has beaten the opposition with double figures, 10-0 or more. Ok it's a minor point but how long can we expect this to continue?

I don't appreciate his failure to felate every fan in the stadium.

If I've got one criticism of us so far, it's that we occasionally make things harder for ourselves.

By which I mean, on at least 4 occasions this season we've found ourselves 2 up, only for the opposition to score and make things tense for us. Against Blackburn and Stoke on Monday we managed to get a third to make things comfortable but against Wolves and today it was a nervy finish to the match. 2-1 is a horrible score if you were 2 up, as the monentum that tends to be with the losing side.

One thing we've not done this season is destroy a team. For all our improvements, by this time last year we'd won 6-0 and 5-1 already. To be fair though I reckon if we'd scored a third goal today before they scored, we could won it by at least that amount. Could well have put more past Blackburn too.

edit; probably not the best thread for the above, but then again I guess it's got something to do with Pardew...

This just sounds like football to me. I mean you go 2-0 up and then you concede. That's not a fault of the manager, or something you can point at as a hole that needs plugging. It's just sport. The Premiership isn't meant to be a walk in the park.

My main criticism of Pardew is that he has never, not once, put out a team that has beaten the opposition with double figures, 10-0 or more. Ok it's a minor point but how long can we expect this to continue?

Someone's been playing FIFA too much. 2-1 up, getting nervous. Press pause. Change settings. Select Beginner. Resume game. Ba hattrick. Revert to Novice settings. Shit pants for last 5 mins of game. :D

I don't appreciate his failure to felate every fan in the stadium.

Alan Pardew? Well, I would go with Alan... but I'd be thinking of Yohan...