The Twitter Thread

peasepud

The kid's probably been calling them United since he could speak. I don't see how it's disrespectful (it simply isn't btw) or why he should stop. Why the fuck are people so precious about it? I mean I don't understand.how anyone can allow themselves to get worked up about it. Sorry Stevie, but you are way out of line expecting him to apologise.

Am I? His employers are called "United" over 500,000 people support a club called Newcastle UNITED, yet he refers to another club as "United". If you go in any pub on Tyneside and have this conversation 99.9% of people would agree with me. It's dense at best, his only defence is pleading ignorance, which opens up a variety of other questions too.

Pathetic tbh :D

Shut up you ya daft cunt, you're about as worthwhile on here as onepunch you mongo.

Never mind apologising, he wouldn't be out of line if he told you to fuck off and then blocked you.

I would prefer if he did, he's a fucking idiot. "United".

He was brought up in a town where your allegiance were summed up as "united" or "city". You are crazy if you think that his continued use of that term to describe that team, having changed employer, is in any way disrespectful or requiring an apology. And if 99.9% of fans agree with you, then I find that embarrassing.

He was brought up in a town where your allegiance were summed up as "united" or "city". You are crazy if you think that his continued use of that term to describe that team, having changed employer, is in any way disrespectful or requiring an apology. And if 99.9% of fans agree with you, then I find that embarrassing.

I'm embarrassed for you and others like you who hold this stance, but more importantly I'm embarrassed for him. I used to analogy last night, that if I was a Birmingham City player on twitter referring to Manchester City as "City", when half of my followers would be Birmingham fans, then I'd be patently aware of the offence I would cause.

For years people have bleated on about the arrogance of people referring to them as simply "United", espeically when they're playing us, but for your own player to do it, and be unaware of the fact it will cause at least minor annoyance, shows deep ignorance and/or a complete break down of any intelligence. In other words thick as fuck. I don't give a fuck if he's from Manchester, Craig hit the nail on the head last night when he said this....

In almost 2 years playing at a club you'd think he'd have got a handle of what does and doesn't piss off the fans. It's pretty unanimous amongst us that that referring to them as simply 'united' is a fucking annoyance but even putting that to one side, Simpson's initial response wasn't smart.

...he is right, amongst people who actually have a clue. I.E less than half of our support in my opinion. 2 years at a club and he still doesn't understand.

what was the context? i can't be bothered to re-read it all. did he say united vs newcastle? that would be irritiating but even then, hardly the crime of the century.

what was the context? i can't be bothered to re-read it all. did he say united vs newcastle? that would be irritiating but even then, hardly the crime of the century.

He was talking about last nights game.

It doesn't matter though. How can this possibly bother you? It's such a precious argument. He knows he plays for Newcastle United, but he calls Man United "United". So fucking what.

I'm embarrassed for you that you're embarrassed for me. And if you get embarrassed for me, I'll only get more embarrassed for you and win. I've got a whole bucket of embarrassment to use up here.

It doesn't matter though. How can this possibly bother you? It's such a precious argument. He knows he plays for Newcastle United, but he calls Man United "United". So fucking what.

I'm embarrassed for you that you're embarrassed for me. And if you get embarrassed for me, I'll only get more embarrassed for you and win. I've got a whole bucket of embarrassment to use up here.

:D

So fucking what? So someone should have a fucking word with the stupid cunt. His snotty replies too as Chez pointed out - oh dear.

Simpson shouldn't of said 'United' in reference to Man Utd when you think about who he plays for and the majority of his 'followers'

But he did, so fuck. The rant was a bit too much and after slating Wyn for having a go at our players (saying they're not going to win) you can't go and do that really can you, hardly like he set out to annoy Newcastle fans (especially when he's been one of our better performers this season who has given 100% each game).

Personally if I was playing for Man Utd (maybes one day) and the Toon were playing, I wouldn't think twice about calling us United, would you?

Simpson shouldn't of said 'United' in reference to Man Utd when you think about who he plays for and the majority of his 'followers'

But he did, so fuck. The rant was a bit too much and after slating Wyn for having a go at our players (saying they're not going to win) you can't go and do that really can you, hardly like he set out to annoy Newcastle fans (especially when he's been one of our better performers this season who has given 100% each game).

Personally if I was playing for Man Utd (maybes one day) and the Toon were playing, I wouldn't think twice about calling us United, would you?

I can say what the fuck I like. Wyn slated our players for being black, I've slated one player for having the ignorance to fail the realise that it's ignorant, which you yourself agreed with, that referring to Manchester United as simply "United", when he plays for United is ignorant as fuck at best. Where THE FUCK is the analogy with "Wyn" there. As I said on Twitter regarding this matter, anyone who disagrees with me is a cunt. A clueless cunt.

I'll never play for Man Utd so I can't answer the question, and I wouldn't be employed by another United so it's not out of the question, and again irrelevant.

As someone said to me on twitter, this type of issue sorts out who actually understands the club, who has a clue and who doesn't.

I never once questioned his committment neither, again completely irrelevant.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley and Lammbiass let Simpson get away with this, seeing as how they're OOTs and this is just on the internet. I'll tell you one thing though, if Freddy Shepherd was still in charge there's no way he'd be getting away with thise shite, he'd be lucky to get away with a fine. I guess things like this just don't matter to some people.

Fuck it, basically you're blowing it out of proportion.

You agreed with me last night, so because I've clarified my position to tools who have questioned it, I'm now blowing it out of proportion? I'm not saying transfer list the cunt! I'm saying I don't think a Newcastle player with 15,000 toon fans on his twitter should be as disrespectful as to call a club who aren't his employers "United". That's my stance, it's the type of issue where you can predict who will hold what view to be honest.

This Bottled Dog abusing from a place where I can't retort, cowardly non-event cunt. I wouldn't disgrace myself by posting on what is in effect largely an under 25s out of town board. I should however learn to accept that we don't have the fans, or the profile of fan we once had to be fair though.

It wouldn't surprise me if Ashley and Lammbiass let Simpson get away with this, seeing as how they're OOTs and this is just on the internet. I'll tell you one thing though, if Freddy Shepherd was still in charge there's no way he'd be getting away with thise shite, he'd be lucky to get away with a fine. I guess things like this just don't matter to some people.

This "Mcfaul" character needs to sort his fucking head out, because clearly he has fucked himself up on narcotics in his youth and is displaying his deranged self through posting absolute codswallop on t'internet.

I'm mortally wounded that someone as important as you holds my views in such poor regard.

Nobhead.

You agreed with me last night, so because I've clarified my position to tools who have questioned it, I'm now blowing it out of proportion? I'm not saying transfer list the cunt! I'm saying I don't think a Newcastle player with 15,000 toon fans on his twitter should be as disrespectful as to call a club who aren't his employers "United". That's my stance, it's the type of issue where you can predict who will hold what view to be honest.

This Bottled Dog abusing from a place where I can't retort, cowardly non-event cunt. I wouldn't disgrace myself by posting on what is in effect largely an under 25s out of town board. I should however learn to accept that we don't have the fans, or the profile of fan we once had to be fair though.

I agreed with you last night too, doesn't mean I don't think you're going akka over something which in the grand scheme of things is nowt more than a pet fucking peeve :D

I agreed with you last night too, doesn't mean I don't think you're going akka over something which in the grand scheme of things is nowt more than a pet fucking peeve :D

Ok, I've said my piece, I'm right, so are people who agree/agreed with me, every cunt else is wrong [/LeazesMag]

I'll pipe down now [/not LeazesMag]

Quote from: ZeRoE on Today at 12:50:01 PM

after all that s*** last night about "UNITED"

look at his post now;

Quote from: Spackerchops

See Rooney won't be banned for the Newcastle v United game now a week on Tuesday, not the end of the world imo Giggs United's best player

It truly frightens me how robotic people are. Imagine having such a devoid sense of irony waking up every day like that. You might as well just be a computer. Thank fuck there's not that many of these types on here.

Edited by McFaul

Kaizero - Norwegian geek and possibly the ugliest man on the internet

Fenham Mag - Fat and stupid which is unforgivable.

Sewelly - Actually Brian Sewell's son, posher than an Oxfordshire dinner party.

Matt M4 always came over as a good lad though.

:D good summary

To be honest I think I was a lot more diplomatic than I should've been, it's not my job to explain to a NUFC employee for 18 months, what is acceptable and what isn't in terms of what to say and what not to say. Shows how little these players embrace the culture of the club.

MattM4 did to me till this episode.

What about Hansdownerpantz - name says it all?

The only problem with MattM4 is that he's a KBJ who now hates Keegan :icon_lol:

Kaizero - Norwegian geek and possibly the ugliest man on the internet

Fenham Mag - Fat and stupid which is unforgivable.

Sewelly - Actually Brian Sewell's son, posher than an Oxfordshire dinner party.

Matt M4 always came over as a good lad though.

:D good summary

To be honest I think I was a lot more diplomatic than I should've been, it's not my job to explain to a NUFC employee for 18 months, what is acceptable and what isn't in terms of what to say and what not to say. Shows how little these players embrace the culture of the club.

MattM4 did to me till this episode.

What about Hansdownerpantz - name says it all?

The only problem with MattM4 is that he's a KBJ who now hates Keegan :icon_lol:

Incredible really. Seems to be like a bit of a disease on that board. I'm not on about all Gejon before the beeper explodes, but some of the views, en masse too. Breaks my heart to think Keegan may have read that (small chance) but you never know. Everyone is entitled to their opinion though, I don't think there should be a totalitarian view that one view is right everything else is wrong, but on Keegan and this, I do.