The Twitter Thread

peasepud

On Wednesday 6th April 2011, @dannysimpson12 said:

This is simple, wen there's a champs league game n man utd r playin chelsea n write utd, every1 knows what I'm on about.. Its not disrepesctful its easier so ppl need 2 stop gettin emotional

I've literally got over 60 new cunts pm'ing me saying I'm a cunt. I'd say it again, the standard of people calling me, not one from the toon I may add apart from one lass @Mrs_Kanesyx who is giving me a dogs abuse, claiming to love Newcastle yet having a heart sign beside Sunderland's, Frazer Campbell in her profile. This is the modern Newcastle fan :D

Acting the twat there a little tbh Stevie, I'll assume you were drunk.

He's from Salford, he supports them, and he came through their academy.

Does it really matter? Why take it as an attack on your club?

I haven't had a drink since the weekend, and that comment sums up what I said on twitter given the fact you're from Lincoln. It's beyond belief.

:icon_lol:

howay Stevie :icon_lol: must admit simpson does my head in arselicking m.utd anytime they're on at a different time to us and he gets to watch it.

edit> hes got a fcking soft spot for the mackems n all

So what if he has a soft spot for Sunderland? He was on loan with them.

"Arselicking m.utd"... of course he fucking does. Just because he plays for NUFC does not mean he has to swear blind allegiance to the cause with no attachment to any other club.

:D

I haven't had a drink since the weekend, and that comment sums up what I said on twitter given the fact you're from Lincoln. It's beyond belief.

I haven't lived in Lincoln for years if you must know. Fail to see how that makes anything I say any less credible.

Obviously I don't attend near as many matches as local fans so my opinion on matches is less worthy than those that do and I wouldn't dare say otherwise unless they were clearly in the wrong.

Edited by Tecato

Nothing wrong with referring to any team as merely "United" if they're the only ones involved.

In any case, I'd say Simpson busting a gut on the pitch almost every game speaks louder.

Well, Rooney doesn't post on Twitter.

:D

Maybe - well, definitely - I'm being a bit defensive over Simpson here. As I tend to be over most of our players. I just don't see the need to have a go at him like that. It doesn't affect his performances on the pitch at the end of the day, he can say what he likes on Twitter in my opinion.

In almost 2 years playing at a club you'd think he'd have got a handle of what does and doesn't piss off the fans. It's pretty unanimous amongst us that that referring to them as simply 'united' is a fucking annoyance but even putting that to one side, Simpson's initial response wasn't smart.

Nothing wrong with referring to any team as merely "United" if they're the only ones involved.

In any case, I'd say Simpson busting a gut on the pitch almost every game speaks louder.

What when you play for the second biggest "United" in the country, and probably half your followers on a social networking page support the said club, Newcastle United.

You's are the type of mugs who say fuck all when we're on telly against Man Utd, and they're referred to as United all game long. Well I'm fuckin not, and I'll say now, anyone WITH HALF A CLUE, isn't neither.

If ManU were playing Newcastle Utd (or Leeds, or West Ham...) and someone referred to either team as just 'United' then of course that would be dumb and disrespectful.

But getting wound up about it in a circumstance like this when neither Chelsea United or Barcelona United were playing is just as annoying as people wrongly using 'United'.

If ManU were playing Newcastle Utd (or Leeds, or West Ham...) and someone referred to either team as just 'United' then of course that would be dumb and disrespectful.

But getting wound up about it in a circumstance like this when neither Chelsea United or Barcelona United were playing is just as annoying as people wrongly using 'United'.

What when it's a player who gets his PAYE slip every month £67000 take home Newcastle UNITED. He's employed by United, yet he refers to another club on a public open networking site as United. It's annoying that people find that annoying? Well you haven't got a clue.

See the likes of Craig understand. United was our name, and the loudest chant at games was started in the East Stand 50 dafties would stand up YIIIIIIINIIIIIIITED YIIIIIINIITED, then the corner, then the scoreboard then the Milburn, and it sounded amazing. We were always refered to as United, in the media, by the fans, long before everyone started calling us the toon, and we always will be United. I can't even get my head round how anyone can justify it, fair enough say he made a mistake, but don't try and justify it.

United was our name, and the loudest chant at games was started in the East Stand 50 dafties would stand up YIIIIIIINIIIIIIITED YIIIIIINIITED, then the corner, then the scoreboard then the Milburn, and it sounded amazing.

Must say that chant is nowhere near what it used to be. Miss it - used to envelop the whole ground.

Agree with you, Stevie but you could have been a bit more diplomatic like :D He's said often that he supports Man U but he's also said that he loves playing for the Toon and living in the area. An explanation without the expletives might have done.

Without going all LM on this subject, if I was joining a new club, I would passionately embrace them. If I signed for Birmingham City, I wouldn't go on twitter and say "fuck me he might be an ugly cunt but what a goal Tevez has just scored for City", and this is even more clear cut than that. It's common sense. Something Rossi said on twitter a while ago, he asked Simpson who the toon were. The cunt was here 5 month. These players come in a lot of them, and they're either not bothered about the history, don't get told anything or just don't give a fuck. Either way it pisses me off. See 20 years ago, there's nothing you could tell Mick Quinn about the toon, same as the majority of them, it was more than money, and they were on a fraction of what they get now.

See 20 years ago, there's nothing you could tell Mick Quinn about the toon, same as the majority of them, it was more than money, and they were on a fraction of what they get now.

That's undeniably bang on the money tbf!

Agree with you, Stevie but you could have been a bit more diplomatic like :D He's said often that he supports Man U but he's also said that he loves playing for the Toon and living in the area. An explanation without the expletives might have done.

Without going all LM on this subject, if I was joining a new club, I would passionately embrace them. If I signed for Birmingham City, I wouldn't go on twitter and say "fuck me he might be an ugly cunt but what a goal Tevez has just scored for City", and this is even more clear cut than that. It's common sense. Something Rossi said on twitter a while ago, he asked Simpson who the toon were. The cunt was here 5 month. These players come in a lot of them, and they're either not bothered about the history, don't get told anything or just don't give a fuck. Either way it pisses me off. See 20 years ago, there's nothing you could tell Mick Quinn about the toon, same as the majority of them, it was more than money, and they were on a fraction of what they get now.

I agree. If I was the manager, I'd sit any new signing down and drum the importance of playing for the shirt into them and the history and importance of the club to the city and the fans.

Agree with you, Stevie but you could have been a bit more diplomatic like :icon_lol: He's said often that he supports Man U but he's also said that he loves playing for the Toon and living in the area. An explanation without the expletives might have done.

I agree. If I was the manager, I'd sit any new signing down and drum the importance of playing for the shirt into them and the history and importance of the club to the city and the fans.

Definitely. Tonight leaves me to believe one thing. Ten years in the CCC would do the club at least some good, because it would get rid of clueless tools who claim to support us.

Look at this ginger mug... @dannysimpson12 - They're being prats. Looking at the blokes profile, he doesn't seem to be a full shilling. #Muchadoaboutnothing

Have a look at the kid :D hes called @coolcatcarter89 pmsl. He wouldn't have survived Hitler imo, the cheeky cunt.

Edited by McFaul

Definitely. Tonight leaves me to believe one thing. Ten years in the CCC would do the club at least some good, because it would get rid of clueless tools who claim to support us.

Look at this ginger mug... @dannysimpson12 - They're being prats. Looking at the blokes profile, he doesn't seem to be a full shilling. #Muchadoaboutnothing

Have a look at the kid :D hes called @coolcatcarter89 pmsl. He wouldn't have survived Hitler imo, the cheeky cunt.

Shouldn't the whole 'haven't won anything for 50 years' thing already have sorted the wheat from the chaff?

Agree with you, Stevie but you could have been a bit more diplomatic like :icon_lol: He's said often that he supports Man U but he's also said that he loves playing for the Toon and living in the area. An explanation without the expletives might have done.

All this "United" discussion always boils my piss. Bad enough all the TV commentators and pundits referring to Man Ure as United all the f**king time, let alone one of our own players. No excuses for this in my book; learn the history of your employer, especially one filling your pockets as well as NUFC. FFS, in reality, Newcastle are the only true "United" in the Premier League as all others (Manchester, West Ham) just changed their name and werent the merger of 2 different clubs. As a professional football player you should at least know some basic history like that.

Have to admit, Im with Matt on this one. Its twitter you only get 140 chars, to write out Manchester United every time you want to mention them in a game against Chelsea would be a pain in the arse to say the least.

Although get him to use ManUre and its the same chars. :D