Quake

JawD

Anyone feel it? I didnt like. Though I did hear what I thought was more snow falling off the roof which I thought odd at the time. Might have been that. ;)

Just had a bloke on the North East News describing it. Using words like freight train outside the window and the whole house shaking including the roof.

I know we dont get them bad, but it still must be terrifying. What the poor sould go through during the big ones in other countries doesnt bare thinking about.

Me mother rang our lass at 9.03. During the call we heard something like a stone hit the conservatory.

As I was typing the last reply, our lass appeared at the top of the stairs to say that people in sunderland had experienced an eartquake at 9.03 and that what ever landed on the roof must have been a result of the earthquake. :lol:;)

Be checking the tiles and gutter in the morning.

• 4 years later...

Fucking hell. Just had another horrible experience with these. 7.7 pointer, 8.1 according to some. Centred in Afghanistan apparently but it was bloody awful. Was in the office and as soon as it started you knew it was as bad one and boy did it pick up. Trying go calmly down the stairs saw the walls cracking up on either side, dust falling down along with the false ceiling in places and thought "this is it, the buildings going down". There's no going back in there till some sort of a survey to assess the damage. Few people decided it was a good idea to sit down along the way and start crying instead of running down. Some idiots going back in to save their laptops ffs :lol:

I was hopeful that after that monstrosity in 2005 that killed 200K people I'd not have to experience another one on that scale. Good thing here is that it was quite deep or I cant imagine what would have happened. Still likely to be some damage in the remote northern areas. Hearing a glacier or two have come crashing down.

I've decided that the derby defeat yesterday was not the end of the world :lol:

We're full remember

I said leave there, not move here. There's loads of room in... Texas and the Texan welcome is world renowned. I'm sure Aimad will be welcomed with open arms.

;)