Roy Hodgson sacked by Liverpool

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Hodgson's days at Anfield are numbered. Fans have railed against him – he was met with graffiti at the club's training ground yesterday – and pressure builds to replace him.

Hmmm ... classy.

Just had an excellent caller on TalkSPORT ranting at Liverpool fans :icon_lol: he was fucking SPOT ON!

"They are living in the past, why dont they get slagged off and everyone loves them"

"They are deluded thinking they are owed trophies etc"

:icon_lol: made my day :icon_lol:

Roy Hodgson clings to job as Liverpool manager

Roy Hodgson looks set to remain as Liverpool manager this weekend after the club's American owners took no decision over his future.

Hodgson arrived at the club's Melwood training ground to host Friday's media conference ahead of Sunday's FA Cup clash with Manchester United.

But the 63-year-old's job remains in the balance following their 3-1 Premier League loss to Blackburn on Wednesday.

The loss left Liverpool 12th in league, four points above the relegation zone.

The former Fulham manager's future was the subject of a series of trans-Atlantic phone calls on Thursday, involving Liverpool's American owners the Fenway Sports Group, director of football strategy Damien Comolli and other senior officials.

Liverpool do not currently have a chief executive, which may partly explain the lack of a decision one way or the other, but Hodgson is expected to be replaced as soon as a successor is identified.

Club legend Kenny Dalglish, who many Liverpool fans want installed in Hodgson's place, is currently out of the country and is not expected to return until next week.

Hodgson will now have what appears to be one last chance to save his job, against rivals Manchester United.

The former Blackburn boss replaced Rafael Benitez as manager at Anfield in July, but has struggled to win over the Liverpool fans so far this season, as the team have laboured in mid-table.

Earlier in the season the 18-time English champions suffered an embarrassing Carling Cup home defeat at the hands of League Two outfit Northampton, and face a two-legged tie against Sparta Prague in February after progressing past the group stage of the Europa League.

A win over United on Sunday would help Hodgson's case hugely, and go some way to making up for recent results such as the 1-0 home defeat by Wolves on 29 December.

After that game, Hodgson suggested frustrated fans would be better served by getting behind the team rather than on their backs, a comment which he was later forced to retract and apologise for.

Last weekend's last-gasp 2-1 win over Bolton seemed to buy Hodgson valuable breathing space, but the pressure on him returned following the loss at his former club Blackburn.

The former Inter Milan and Switzerland boss was appointed by Liverpool before the current owners, New England Sports Ventures, took over the club in October.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/9343626.stm

Cracking ITK work there ANS :icon_lol:

I reckon Stevie is spot on like, i.e. KD has said appoint me after the Man Utd game. Be funny if they won like (provided they don't win the cup of course).

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
I reckon Stevie is spot on like, i.e. KD has said appoint me after the Man Utd game. Be funny if they won like (provided they don't win the cup of course).

It makes sense I reckon. I'll be content if they come bottom half this season.

Relieved actually [that it is KD] even if it is a more of sure-fire/safe appointment. I thought Coyle would have been a top choice, a progressive appointment - even with a hefty compensation package heading Bolton's way.

Edited by Year Zero

He's just walked, kenny now in charge.

Come on King Kenny, do a better job. Out of the game for what? 20 years. Lets the papers give him shit like the did KK when he came back to us after an absence.

WANKERS