Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

Christmas Tree is a big fat wobbly thinks-he's-clever middle aged cock smoker who thinks hes better than you all cos he lives in Boldon. Don't fucking bite so easily to his rancid patter. There's two things at play here - hes on the wind up, AND hes genuinely stupid. Either way you win by ignoring him. I'm drunk and can see this. Wake up.

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't share CT's blind optimism I don't think we're in trouble of relegation this season. Too many poor teams in the league and we're playing all right and have more players to return.

I think as blind as CT is being on one side of the see-saw, there are a fair few nay-sayers on the other who're just as blind.

I don't think we've looked like going down like. Dropping a last minute goal against Spurs doesn't equal relegation.

Never said it did but safe from relegation?

If this was the Mackems in our position and coming out with stuff like that we'd be rightly calling them deluded and arrogant.

I know but with everyone fit, we've not really looked like a relegation side at all though. I'd be more worried later on if Jose, Carroll, Tiote and Barton are fucked for long periods but we've not looked one of the worst three teams in the league this season. I don't think us saying we'll stay up is arrogant when we've not looked worse than your West Ham and Wigans of the league.

50/1? :D

If that's for real I'm off to make a bet now..

Oh look, it's 12-1

http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-foot...11-1858388.html

More bollocks from CT :suicide:

My mistake. it was 1/50 to avoid relegation. (not a gambler)

http://www.paddypower.com/football/uk-foot..._grp_ids=111198

Still they consider 9 more teams more likely to go down than us.

I don't think we've looked like going down like. Dropping a last minute goal against Spurs doesn't equal relegation.

No-one is saying it will, but it's still 2 points dropped is all. I only mention this as much as I do myself because I remember how a couple of points would have kept us up when we got relegated.

We look comfortable at the moment but there's still only 8 points in it.

Thats right, 8 points of Champions League :D

Christmas Tree is a big fat wobbly thinks-he's-clever middle aged cock smoker who thinks hes better than you all cos he lives in Boldon. Don't fucking bite so easily to his rancid patter. There's two things at play here - hes on the wind up, AND hes genuinely stupid. Either way you win by ignoring him. I'm drunk and can see this. Wake up.

Hey, I was only joking with the picture lad :D

While I don't share CT's blind optimism I don't think we're in trouble of relegation this season. Too many poor teams in the league and we're playing all right and have more players to return.

I think as blind as CT is being on one side of the see-saw, there are a fair few nay-sayers on the other who're just as blind.

Im not blind Fish, but league position and performances dont back up the nay-sayers position.

Relegation is extremely, extremely unlikey. This is the same view the bookies take.

While we are playing well AND maintaining our league position I will remain positive.

That's of little concern. It's your attempts to lord it over fellow fans with your know-nowt patter that I'm talking about. Do your family even like you?

That's of little concern. It's your attempts to lord it over fellow fans with your know-nowt patter that I'm talking about. Do your family even like you?

If i was being fed those scones, I'd be on the first metro back to civilisation.

As NUFC fans we shouldn't take anything for granted, including safety this season

95-96 and all that...

Supporting a team is all about being bullish about each game and the season in general. Even more so when the performances and league position BACK IT UP.

I genuinely feel sorry for fans who cant see this and dont feel the same. :D

More than yours judging by that photo :suicide:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Im not blind Fish, but league position and performances dont back up the nay-sayers position.

Relegation is extremely, extremely unlikey. This is the same view the bookies take.

While we are playing well AND maintaining our league position I will remain positive.

I don't want to portray myself as a "nay-sayer" or a pessimist. On the contrary, I reckon we'll stay up, in a comfortable mid-table position. I'm just very aware of how fine the margins can be in this league and I don't want to take anything for granted until it's confirmed.

Please tell me what's wrong with the following statement:

There are 8 points separating us from the bottom 3. The clubs in the bottom 3 have shown that they are able to pick up points and are certainly not doomed to any particular outcome. If we were to embark on a bad run, the gap would likely be closed. 8 becomes 5, 5 becomes 2.

Of course it could go the other way and we end up qualifying for Europe. It's still January, who knows what will happen.

Edited by Tecato

Very disappointed, we had that won repeat of mackem game ffs. Ranger really needs to be told to be less greedy in all, not just the miss but also lovenkrands sprints passed him on the break while he's got 2 guys around him and instead of passing he tries to take them both on. Barton had a bit of a poor game by his recent standards in all.

Lovencrands had run himself 10 yards off side man. This extreme criticism of a 19 year old kid is bordering on the bizarre.

Frustrating today but a draw was a fair result imo. We would have won had we taken our chances but they controlled most the game. We desperately need more creativity and quality upfront. The spine and spirit are there though.

More than yours judging by that photo :huff:

:suicide::icon_lol::rolleyes:

Thing is Tecato, the way your post read, it seems like you thought we were fucked.

I don't think we're going to be breaking into Europe or anything, but I do think survival is fairly secure.

Very disappointed, we had that won repeat of mackem game ffs. Ranger really needs to be told to be less greedy in all, not just the miss but also lovenkrands sprints passed him on the break while he's got 2 guys around him and instead of passing he tries to take them both on. Barton had a bit of a poor game by his recent standards in all.

Lovencrands had run himself 10 yards off side man. This extreme criticism of a 19 year old kid is bordering on the bizarre.

Lovenkrands also wants shooting for not following in when Ranger shot/put the ball across the face of goal.

How many points did we have the season we got relegated at this point? if i remember correctly we had done ok, however we lost our form, that lasted for the rest of the season, hence we got relegated

We lost our manager,our caretakers, players, form and spirit. The club was imploding all season. We were struggling.

A tad different this season.

How many points did we have the season we got relegated at this point? if i remember correctly we had done ok, however we lost our form, that lasted for the rest of the season, hence we got relegated

Yeah, we were also one of the worst teams in the league, whereas this time we're not.

Yeah, we were also one of the worst teams in the league, whereas this time we're not.

aye but early Jan we weren't

For the record I don't think we will get relegated, but people need to remember that stuff can and will happen, as I said at the start of the season, when the dust settles, I'll take 17th, anything above that is a bonus

aye but early Jan we weren't

For the record I don't think we will get relegated, but people need to remember that stuff can and will happen, as I said at the start of the season, when the dust settles, I'll take 17th, anything above that is a bonus

Yes, but I'm saying that as likely as we are to be relegated, we're as likely to get into Europe. The point I'm making is that by saying "yeah but we still could be relegated is putting an unnecessarily negative spin on the situation. Especially given that we've taken 2pts in games we weren't expecting any from.