Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How frustrating the last two games have been, Both wins for me with Tiote in the side.

Even more so if Carroll was playing. Like I said a second goal was desperately needed in both matches and twice now it's come back to haunt us.

I was worried the moment I heard there would be 4 added minutes.

4 points is massive and could be the difference between us staying up and getting relegated.

:D You still think we're in danger of going down? regardless of points, I think the performances show we're good enough to stay up.

Think its a tad unfair having a go at Barton as the bloke ran himself ragged all over the ground and was simply out on his feet at the end.

Where we would be if it wasnt for the silly points lost this season is frightening.

Guts are still wrenching as they were last week but overall a very good performance from the majority. Strange decision to take Best off instead of Ameobi and overall thought Best did very well.

Wish we had Lennon.

we only need three more wins to be almost certain of staying up and we've three of our best players set to return plus hopefully a signing or two in the window.

this is still chris hughton's side. pardew is playing the same players int he same positions and they're still playing with the same spirit. the legue is tight but it would take a monumental fuck up for us to get pulled into the relegation fight from here.

And I'd like to add that Spurs were not only not very good but also the softest bunch of whinging, diving excuses for footballers to disgrace SJP this season. It was as though they were determined to outdo their previous cheating at White Hart Lane.

Pienaar was terrible too like.

How frustrating the last two games have been, Both wins for me with Tiote in the side.

Even more so if Carroll was playing. Like I said a second goal was desperately needed in both matches and twice now it's come back to haunt us.

4 points is massive and could be the difference between us staying up and getting relegated.

:D You still think we're in danger of going down? regardless of points, I think the performances show we're good enough to stay up.

8 points between us and 18th. 9 between us and the bottom. A dodgy run on our part and that gap will get closed.

Which makes dropping points like this when we're playing well even harder to comprehend. This should have been a fourth win in a row. On 34 points I'd feel comfortable. This is a good run of form - it won't last. We're wasting opportunities.

Either way I've always said that I'll take survival any way we can get it. If it's a case of hoping for the best on the last day then I'd take that. Disappointments like this will soon be forgotten on my part the moment our survival is confirmed.

Spurs really are nothing much. We had this in the bag till the panick stations. Really frustrating.

Agreed.

Wi the amount of experience we have in our side we should of held out.

School boy errors last week and this....that shit needs to be cut out and pronto.

8 points between us and 18th. 9 between us and the bottom. A dodgy run on our part and that gap will get closed.

Which makes dropping points like this when we're playing well even harder to comprehend. This should have been a fourth win in a row. On 34 points I'd feel comfortable. This is a good run of form - it won't last. We're wasting opportunities.

Either way I've always said that I'll take survival any way we can get it. If it's a case of hoping for the best on the last day then I'd take that. Disappointments like this will soon be forgotten on my part the moment our survival is confirmed.

7 points from 6th with a game in hand and key players coming back very soon. Carroll, Barfa and Tiote.

Get a grip! I hate pessimistic fucks like you.

:suicide:

does 7th qualify for europa league?

depends on who wins the cups doesn't it?

hopefully a top 6 team win it and we finish 7th then :D

even if arsenal win the league cup, itll go to the runner up which will either be birmingham or west ham. hopefully west ham get relegated and go through a similar thing as pompey losing their euro cup spot

7 points from 6th with a game in hand and key players coming back very soon. Carroll, Barfa and Tiote.

Get a grip! I hate pessimistic fucks like you.

:suicide:

I'm not being pessimistic. I'm being realistic - you can never be sure with this club. There's still a long way to go. If things are like this in March or April then I'd probably be as sure as you that we'll be alright.

For the record I personally believe we'll stay up and finish mid-table. I'm just not going to be totally comfortable till survival is mathematically confirmed. 8 points isn't a huge amount.