Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does 7th qualify for europa league?

depends on who wins the cups doesn't it?

hopefully a top 6 team win it and we finish 7th then :D

even if arsenal win the league cup, itll go to the runner up which will either be birmingham or west ham. hopefully west ham get relegated and go through a similar thing as pompey losing their euro cup spot

fuck never knew the runner up got in, wouldn't mind the europa league next season, would encourage the fat man to spend

I dont really understand how Van Der Vaart can be that much of a cunt on the football pitch either. Its like the occasional dive in a dangerous position is normal for a cynical player, which is what I thought he was. He is just an idiot though, whining at every little touch and staying down for ages every time someone touches him. In the end that makes a ref just not believe you are ever tackled at all. I was delighted when he fell over and gripped the ball only to get a hands decision against him. Didnt see him get a yellow for it though, I thought that was the rule on deliberate handball?

hopefully a top 6 team win it and we finish 7th then :D

even if arsenal win the league cup, itll go to the runner up which will either be birmingham or west ham. hopefully west ham get relegated and go through a similar thing as pompey losing their euro cup spot

Runner up in the league cup does NOT get UEFA, that is only in the FA cup.

If Arsenal win the league cup, the UEFA spot will go to 6th place in the Premier League

Ranger always gets it wrong ha ha....Man just standing there for a tap tries to Maradonna it the berk.

tbf he did more since coming on than shola did the entire game, he looks better than any striker we have asides from Carroll tbh

Agreed, even the commentator on the stream said Ranger did more in 5 minutes than Ameobi had done in 75, can't argue with that. As bad as Rangers miss was did people miss Ameobi's 50yard chip into the keepers hands from the half way line? At least Ranger has pace and quick feet, he's still young enough to work on his finishing and can make a chance out of nowt, something Ameobi, Best and Lovenkrands cant.

hopefully a top 6 team win it and we finish 7th then :suicide:

fuck never knew the runner up got in, wouldn't mind the europa league next season, would encourage the fat man to spend

never mind, just need to get 6th :D

Maybe Ranger couldn't see across. Perch was on mind. :D

explanationa.jpg

The two words next to Lovenkrands are what cost us a vital goal here.

if he'd continued, he was onside, tap in.

Oh yeah totally. Missed the one on one as well. Just really angry can't take it two weeks running.

How frustrating the last two games have been, Both wins for me with Tiote in the side.

Even more so if Carroll was playing. Like I said a second goal was desperately needed in both matches and twice now it's come back to haunt us.

I was worried the moment I heard there would be 4 added minutes.

4 points is massive and could be the difference between us staying up and getting relegated.

:D You still think we're in danger of going down? regardless of points, I think the performances show we're good enough to stay up.

8 points between us and 18th. 9 between us and the bottom. A dodgy run on our part and that gap will get closed.

Which makes dropping points like this when we're playing well even harder to comprehend. This should have been a fourth win in a row. On 34 points I'd feel comfortable. This is a good run of form - it won't last. We're wasting opportunities.

Either way I've always said that I'll take survival any way we can get it. If it's a case of hoping for the best on the last day then I'd take that. Disappointments like this will soon be forgotten on my part the moment our survival is confirmed.

We're also 8 points off 4th, y'know, just for balance.

Look, I'm aware this is a very tight league, but there are more teams below us than above us. We're playing ok and we're still waiting for our best players to return. We're picking up points from games where, before the match we'd expect to be beaten. I know it's a frustrating way to lose, the last few minutes, but it's still a point from a game we were expecting none so I'm all right with it.

Agreed. Can't understand the hatred for Ranger I've seen in this thread. He's young, has the will to succeed and has the attributes to do so. Needs to work on his mentality and finishing, but he was a clear upgrade on Shola when he came on today and he did wonderfully well to get the ball across. I don't think he was really shooting from that angle, I think he was trying to get it across.

If Lovenkrands (useless) had kept the play alive, like Shola failed to do earlier when Best hit the bar, we'd be praising Ranger for his brilliance.

Maybe Ranger couldn't see across. Perch was on mind. :D

explanationa.jpg

The two words next to Lovenkrands are what cost us a vital goal here.

if he'd continued, he was onside, tap in.

Oh yeah totally. Missed the one on one as well. Just really angry can't take it two weeks running.

It wouldn't be so bad if we had been gash, but in both games we were on top for the large part of the game. ( 2nd half more so today).

It's a piss boiler :suicide:

Agreed. Can't understand the hatred for Ranger I've seen in this thread. He's young, has the will to succeed and has the attributes to do so. Needs to work on his mentality and finishing, but he was a clear upgrade on Shola when he came on today and he did wonderfully well to get the ball across. I don't think he was really shooting from that angle, I think he was trying to get it across.

If Lovenkrands (useless) had kept the play alive, like Shola failed to do earlier when Best hit the bar, we'd be praising Ranger for his brilliance.

Don't hate him, he just isn't ready mentally. Miss from 4 yards last time he came on as well. :D

the only way loven wouldve finished that was if he was standing on the post. the ball from ranger had too much pace

All he had to do was not stop. The pace of the ball, it would've gone in off his man eggs if that's where it hit him.

I'll tell you what fucking did us. Letting Routledge go without a replacement meant we only had Perch to bring on. What a fucking boost to give the opposition seeing that lumbering crock of shit come off the bench. It's no coincidence that we barely touched the ball for 5 minutes after that.

I'll tell you what fucking did us. Letting Routledge go without a replacement meant we only had Perch to bring on. What a fucking boost to give the opposition seeing that lumbering crock of shit come off the bench. It's no coincidence that we barely touched the ball for 5 minutes after that.

Good point.

Routledge would put a bit more pressure on their defence and would have probably kept the ball away from our goal better too.

Perch was pretty much an extra defender when he came on. It was losing possession higher up the pitch which cost us.

It makes such a difference having Jose in the team. Even Arry knew Lennon was getting nowt so switched him to the left. :D

Watching the game today we really need a player like Modric who can cover the whole pitch and makes things happen. Nolan is too slow and covers no ground, while Barton is getting slightly too big for his boots, he's no david beckham, playing 50 yard balls at every opportunity.

+Special thanks to 'Arry for wheeling out Kranjcar. We can cross that duffer off the list.

Edited by Phil