Newcastle Vs Tottenham

Anorthernsoul

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look at the positives. we took two points from two sides in the top 6. results we would have been happy with before the games with our squad on paper. gutted to lose points in both games in that manner though obviously

Seems to be the way of it at the moment. I go into the game expecting to get nothing, then I think "christ, we're doing ok", then "God, we might actually win it" then "fuck we've thrown it away" and finally "bollocks, but at least we got a point."

Seriously I would have taken this at the beginning of the day, but if we had our two missing men I think we'd have won today. By all accounts we played all right and with a bit more class up front we could have had two or three.

still, 2pts when I was expecting 0pts is pretty good.

Very disappointed, we had that won repeat of mackem game ffs. Ranger really needs to be told to be less greedy in all, not just the miss but also lovenkrands sprints passed him on the break while he's got 2 guys around him and instead of passing he tries to take them both on. Barton had a bit of a poor game by his recent standards in all.

Well well well once again we fuck up in injury time.

We should of been 3-0 at that point, a striker is most definitely needed.

Lovenkrands is finished, Ranger needs loaning and then shola and best should be back up to carroll and a new striker.

We played well and created enough chances to kill the game off, just didnt have to quality to execute.

Frustrated...Again.

On the positive side however....we are 7th! Just annoying would could of been 7th and 2 points clear.

How frustrating the last two games have been, Both wins for me with Tiote in the side.

Even more so if Carroll was playing. Like I said a second goal was desperately needed in both matches and twice now it's come back to haunt us.

I was worried the moment I heard there would be 4 added minutes.

4 points is massive and could be the difference between us staying up and getting relegated.

Ranger always gets it wrong ha ha....Man just standing there for a tap tries to Maradonna it the berk.

tbf he did more since coming on than shola did the entire game, he looks better than any striker we have asides from Carroll tbh

He will never score. Ever. :D

Edited by Park Life

We just need someone who actually has pace and a bit of skill. At the moment we have only raw pace or Donkeyboys. I thought Shola did well today, but we need a technical striker to bring on there other than Ranger. Tuncay would be enough if we have no money, and he can hardly cost the world.

That wasn't Ranger's fault, that was Barton's fault for throwing away possession when we had 4 v 2 on the break. I'm not asking for a second goal, 1 would've been enough if we hadn't conceded possession DEEP INTO THEIR HALF in stoppage time. He had any number of options there but he went for Hollywood and it cost us.

Shola was atrocious all game, but apart from him it was all action and a great showing. Colo MOTM again for me with Jonas (who was fantastic, the hell with his doubters) just behind.

We need strikers. Shola, Lovenkrands, Best, Ranger and all the rest DO NOT CUT IT at this level.

We just need someone who actually has pace and a bit of skill. At the moment we have only raw pace or Donkeyboys. I thought Shola did well today, but we need a technical striker to bring on there other than Ranger. Tuncay would be enough if we have no money, and he can hardly cost the world.

:D

As with last week, I'd have taken it before KO. however, we should have seen the win out on both occasions. Not sure if it's naivety, fitness or not taking our chances, but 6pts would be a lot healthier than 2. Shola during both matches should have done better and Bartons shit ball to Ranger gave Spurs a lifeline.