Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Carroll wanted to go whichever way you look at it. At the end of the day everybody saves face bar Carroll with regard to the transfer request....In other words he wanted to leave. Can't make it any simpler. Also as Gemmill is saying there might have been some jiggery pokery with MA reg saving a few quid on the bonus.

Carroll will get a singing on bonus anyway which will be normally cover any lossses.

Put it this way - I've never seen a smile as bright on his face as the one he was wearing on the way to Liverpool.

He's over the moon.

Yup. Chez and some others are in denial reg this and understandably so.

I was more confused before but i was just catching up on the discussion. I mentioned the possibility of him being tapped up as just as likely as him being happy at Newcastle then all of a sudden happy to go to Liverpool and do the club a favour in handing the transfer in as he wasnt that arsed anyway.

Seems a very convoluted and odd pov to me. Not got an agenda, just trying to understand wtf, which is understandable given the day events.

Tbh I'm pretty sure Carrolls head is spinning. :jesuswept:

I think the Torres ultimatum to Liv on Fri was the catalyst for this deal.

I called it at lunchtime inc the price btw. :suicide:

Sad day. :suicide:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone offered you a salary of £80k p.a. (when you are on 30k p.a. at a place that you love but the management are cunts) at a company that is well renowned and going places - would you go?

:jesuswept:

If someone offered you a salary of £80k p.a. (when you are on 30k p.a. at a place that you love but the management are cunts) at a company that is well renowned and going places - would you go?

:jesuswept:

You laugh but they are clearly ambitious as they are rebuilding and going for it. We are happy with 17th every season with these cunts in charge.

Carroll wanted to go whichever way you look at it. At the end of the day everybody saves face bar Carroll with regard to the transfer request....In other words he wanted to leave. Can't make it any simpler. Also as Gemmill is saying there might have been some jiggery pokery with MA reg saving a few quid on the bonus.

Carroll will get a singing on bonus anyway which will be normally cover any lossses.

Put it this way - I've never seen a smile as bright on his face as the one he was wearing on the way to Liverpool.

He's over the moon.

I was more confused before but i was just catching up on the discussion. I mentioned the possibility of him being tapped up as just as likely as him being happy at Newcastle then all of a sudden happy to go to Liverpool and do the club a favour in handing the transfer in as he wasnt that arsed anyway.

Seems a very convoluted and odd pov to me. Not got an agenda, just trying to understand wtf, which is understandable given the day events.

The version of events being told on here doesnt even mention agents, so i'm not convinced. We've been approached for Carroll by predatory clubs and agents all window but all along it was just us wanting to sell him. Doesnt compute.

Am not sad as i've had an amazing day today, but am fucking gutted about Carroll.

NEWCASTLE GOT SOMETHING IN THE PIPELINE TO REPLACE CARROLL

Newcastle fans - are you worried how you're going to replace Andy Carroll? Well BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the club are "still working hard on trying to secure a late deal". Fingers crossed, Toon fans, fingers crossed.

BBC WEBSITE 10:12PM

Newcastle fans - are you worried how you're going to replace Andy Carroll? Well BBC Radio 5 live senior football reporter Ian Dennis says the club are "still working hard on trying to secure a late deal". Fingers crossed, Toon fans, fingers crossed.

Sibierski set to steal ALL the headlines.

Manipulated into doubling his wage :suicide:

Everyone involved in the deal is old enough to know what they were doing....and be very happy with it.

:jesuswept: Errr aye, we know this. No one is saying he was manipulated into going. He was happy to go, and happy to submit a request to smooth things over here.

Actually I am saying he was manipulated into going. Once we got to where we were today he was happy to go along with the coreography-but I doubt he was behind it

I don't think he would have gone without the club teeing the transfer up. But I think once it was all put in place he was happy enough to go.

So he's gone from delighted to stay at Newcastle to delighted to be going to Liverpool. Have you just got him down as some happy-clappy divvy not arsed where he plays?

Read what I've just posted. Fucking hell man, I don't even know what point you're trying to make. :suicide:

What I've just posted sums up what I'm saying on it.

Just trying to understand the positions people are taking and what they're based on. No point to make really, other than i look like a tit for being sure he would stay.

I actually think I'm going to wake up tomorrow and think we've mugged Liverpool.

I think there has got to be a fair chance he's going to piss his career up he wall. Also a significantly more than zero probability that Liverpool is the worst possible city for him to go to. Theres going to plenty of scousers willing to have a go. With any luck it will all go horribly wrong

I actually think I'm going to wake up tomorrow and think we've mugged Liverpool.

I think there has got to be a fair chance he's going to piss his career up he wall. Also a significantly more than zero probability that Liverpool is the worst possible city for him to go to. Theres going to plenty of scousers willing to have a go. With any luck it will all go horribly wrong

Aye I've been making my mouth go on here about how in 5 years we'll all be asking "What happened to Andy Carroll". Now I fucking hope that's what we're asking. Liverpool is definitely not the best destination for a lad like him. There'll be scouse gangsters having sword fights in his mouth by Christmas.

I hated Carroll for his off-field antics and that prejudiced my view of him on the pitch; I didn't really rate him until the back end of last season, even then I didn't think he was of real PL quality. I think it's inevitable he will get into trouble off-field at Liverpool (just look at Gerrard hanging about with gangsters), 35 mill+ for a player with a fair potential to end up inside is good business. Like everyone else, I don't expect it to be reinvested, in a way I am not that angry because there is a sense of inevitability about all of this: I am not surprised in the least that this sale has come about in the manner it has (last day, etc).

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

He's over the moon.

The version of events being told on here doesnt even mention agents, so i'm not convinced. We've been approached for Carroll by predatory clubs and agents all window but all along it was just us wanting to sell him. Doesnt compute.

Am not sad as i've had an amazing day today, but am fucking gutted about Carroll.

Pretty sure signals went out reg availability a couple of weeks ago (Harry started mouting off).

Think Mashley and Comolli were waiting for the Chelsea money to be logged.

Think there was a Spurs nibble and the club held on for the highest price differential ie Jan transfer market pressure. Agents might have got the nod.

Agent on talksport said he had been in touch with Nufc about a striker and was under the impression nowt will be done

On the plus side, I'm less gutted about this than I was when Andy Cole went to Man U, for what was then a massive £7million (was that a record for an English player at the time too?)

I'm not gutted that he's going. I'm gutted that they gave no thought to replacing his goals.....