Liverpool bid £35 million+ for Carroll

DesperateDannyB

Manipulated into doubling his wage :suicide:

Everyone involved in the deal is old enough to know what they were doing....and be very happy with it.

:jesuswept: Errr aye, we know this. No one is saying he was manipulated into going. He was happy to go, and happy to submit a request to smooth things over here.

Actually I am saying he was manipulated into going. Once we got to where we were today he was happy to go along with the coreography-but I doubt he was behind it

I don't think he would have gone without the club teeing the transfer up. But I think once it was all put in place he was happy enough to go.

I think we are agreeing here, but I do think people are underestimating how much the people around him would be able to convince him what he wants. He's a young drunken Geordie idiot surrounded by sharks. These people are used to hard negotiating involving deals worth millions, he's used to drinking 12 pints half a bottle of tequila and hoying up in Blu Bamboo

Aye I think we're basically saying the same thing. You walk into a room with a young lad like that and go "Listen. Liverpool want you, and this is what it means for Andy Carroll. Your wage will go up from £1.5m a year to £4m a year. You will walk away with a signing on fee today of £3.5m. And you are the only player that Kenny Dalglish thinks can fill Fernando Torres' boots. I can make this happen for you today, and all you have to do to make this happen is sign this transfer request."

You'd struggle to get a "no" from ANYONE to that.

But if the club don't accept the offer, and don't give his agent the go-ahead, I don't think any of this happens. I don't think he would have submitted the request without them teeing all this up. I keep repeating myself. :suicide:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone involved in the deal is old enough to know what they were doing....and be very happy with it.

:jesuswept: Errr aye, we know this. No one is saying he was manipulated into going. He was happy to go, and happy to submit a request to smooth things over here.

Actually I am saying he was manipulated into going. Once we got to where we were today he was happy to go along with the coreography-but I doubt he was behind it

I don't think he would have gone without the club teeing the transfer up. But I think once it was all put in place he was happy enough to go.

So he's gone from delighted to stay at Newcastle to delighted to be going to Liverpool. Have you just got him down as some happy-clappy divvy not arsed where he plays?

Read what I've just posted. Fucking hell man, I don't even know what point you're trying to make. :suicide:

What I've just posted sums up what I'm saying on it.

Add to that: "Newcastle have no ambition with these guys in charge and Liverpool are splashing out loads with their new owners. Look they've just spent £22m on one of the most sought after strikers on the planet. They are going places. Ashely is happy to finish 17th every season. This move is best for you career Andy. "

Carroll wanted to go whichever way you look at it. At the end of the day everybody saves face bar Carroll with regard to the transfer request....In other words he wanted to leave. Can't make it any simpler. Also as Gemmill is saying there might have been some jiggery pokery with MA reg saving a few quid on the bonus.

Carroll will get a singing on bonus anyway which will be normally cover any lossses.

Put it this way - I've never seen a smile as bright on his face as the one he was wearing on the way to Liverpool.

He's over the moon.

Yup. Chez and some others are in denial reg this and understandably so.

I was more confused before but i was just catching up on the discussion. I mentioned the possibility of him being tapped up as just as likely as him being happy at Newcastle then all of a sudden happy to go to Liverpool and do the club a favour in handing the transfer in as he wasnt that arsed anyway.

Seems a very convoluted and odd pov to me. Not got an agenda, just trying to understand wtf, which is understandable given the day events.

.com

Aware of a desire from both Liverpool and Spurs to sign a striker with just hours of the transfer window remaining, why couldn't Newcastle have stonewalled Carroll bids, in the knowledge that the same clubs will have the same funds in the summer - and the same vacancy

Carroll by then could have scored the goals that kept United in the league, before departing to wherever he pleased, leaving Alan Pardew to invest at his leisure.

So why couldn't they wait? Because this is a dash for cash perhaps? Flogging the club's number one asset before high-tailing it out of town. We can but hope.

The farcical "turning down offers" looks to be nothing short of a pathetic, patronising pantomime and a deliberate drip-feeding of information - with the transfer request a poor attempt at a face-saving exercise.

It's worth noting that Liverpool currently sit just two points ahead of us, having played one more game. They are currently managed by a failed ex-Newcastle manager who trawled the world to bring us Andreas Andersson, Stephane Guivarc'h and George Georgiadis....

The Reds currently occupy a smaller ground than us and are watched by smaller average crowds. Big club, my arse, as a well-known Scouser might say. Perhaps they just have more ambitious owners, who did due diligence...

From £0 to £35m in 91 games represents a fine example of the declared Ashley/Llambias policy of emulating Arsenal in developing young talent, signing unknown overseas players, making them into first team players - and then selling them. It's not much fun up in Level 7 though.

The sums involved here are another reminder that we're quite literally not in the same league as the mega money men like Liverpool - whether we'll physically be in the same league as them by August remains to be seen.

Everything else -Geordie boy, famous number nine, fog on the bloody Tyne, whatever - goes out the window. Football romance is dead, everyone is a liar, contracts should be printed on toilet paper.

None of that - or this deal - should come as a surprise to anyone. All depressingly predictable.

Spot on.

what if the choice is £35M now or fuck all in the summer when following a recurrence of his injuries and more off the field troubles, he doesnt manage to string more than 2 consecutive games together for the rest of the season?

that was my initial feeling when i heard about the £35M offer - cash in , cash in!

Tom your saying hes over the moon etc, wouldn't you be?

To be honest Bawan I believed all this shite about how ''it's a dream'' every time he pulls on the famous number 9 and how he wants to spend his career here.

Making me one naive moron.

Aye but he's a professional footballer driven by success and money in a short career span. Lets be brutally honest I don't think we're likely to be challenging for the league during Carroll's playing career and here's an opportunity for him to move, what he believes, is upwards and likely tripling his salary.

Economically it's a no-brainer for him - the kid will never have to worry about cash again and that will always win the day over sentiment in a footballer's eye.

Will Carroll have absolutely no regrets about moving away from his home town club? I very much doubt it.

With this price-tag comes pressure unknown to him. What if he does a Robbie Keane? He could be a flop. can't imagine it, but still.

I'm clutching at the already strained straws.

I hope it all goes massively wrong for him.

So he's gone from delighted to stay at Newcastle to delighted to be going to Liverpool. Have you just got him down as some happy-clappy divvy not arsed where he plays?

Read what I've just posted. Fucking hell man, I don't even know what point you're trying to make. :suicide:

What I've just posted sums up what I'm saying on it.

Just trying to understand the positions people are taking and what they're based on. No point to make really, other than i look like a tit for being sure he would stay.

With this price-tag comes pressure unknown to him. What if he does a Robbie Keane? He could be a flop. can't imagine it, but still.

Purple Aki.

Sadly Jonny I feel the same.

Bitter and disappointed,

Aye I think we're basically saying the same thing. You walk into a room with a young lad like that and go "Listen. Liverpool want you, and this is what it means for Andy Carroll. Your wage will go up from £1.5m a year to £4m a year. You will walk away with a signing on fee today of £3.5m. And you are the only player that Kenny Dalglish thinks can fill Fernando Torres' boots. I can make this happen for you today, and all you have to do to make this happen is sign this transfer request."

You'd struggle to get a "no" from ANYONE to that.

But if the club don't accept the offer, and don't give his agent the go-ahead, I don't think any of this happens. I don't think he would have submitted the request without them teeing all this up. I keep repeating myself. :jesuswept:

I would unequivocally say no. That is a paltry offer for my services imo; why don't we make this interesting? I demand 1 BILLION US gold bullion, immediately, this is my signing on fee. Wages are at least double that. And so on. Carroll could have negotiated his way into becoming a lot richer, but he hasn't got the skills needed to hustle in this way. Shame for him, but we will get a better deal because of it.

Most Liverpool fans are really really pissed off. Weird deal.

Its because he cost more than Villa, Tevez, Rooney and we broke the British player record fee for a player whos played for England once.

Big Gamble for a player with HUGE potential

Come on its ok lad, how can the bin dippers be sad, King Kennys signing, surly that means the earth :jesuswept:

Fucking mugs.