Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think even from Ashley's perspective, selling him now is fucking stupid. Refuse the bids now and wait for him to pick up more caps, score more goals. His value will rise, that seems the most likely outcome. So even from the perspective of pure greed/running away with the cash, it makes little sense.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

The thing is with Carroll is that you still don't know which way he will turn out, total waster or top class striker banging in the goals for the next 10 years, because of this I think the money is too good to turn down.

The thing is with Carroll is that you still don't know which way he will turn out, total waster or top class striker banging in the goals for the next 10 years, because of this I think the money is too good to turn down.

morale/fans/prospects>money

30 million will not replace carroll end of hes our best striker we have and offloading him would be bad

very bad

it would be very very bad wouldnt it mate you know what sometimes i just cant take it supporting nufc drives me mental its like when i was a kid and we sold malcolm mcdonald and i went mental because he was our best player we should not be a selling club its a disgrace i find it hard to describe in words

We all agree he's not worth that much.

If he is sold, nobody expects it to be re-invested.

If it is, we wouldn't be able to get anyone with the same quality or as effective as Carroll with our current squad. And whoever we did get would be overpriced.

As well as that I can't see Ben Arfa, Collo, Jose, Tiote, Baron, Nolan, etc, etc being happy at all.

Agreed?

This is it like. £35m is mental money but it does us no good really as we wont get anyone to replace him and we'll never get anyone anywhere near his level to come to us, so like Parky says I'd reject no matter what because there's no point us sitting with even £60m in our pocket while having Shola+Best up front plus all our better players disgruntled.

If I was running the club I would categorically NEVER sell Carroll. As you say the money these days doesn't mean much if it ain't on the pitch. The kind of person Carroll is and the relationship with the club also means he is irreplaceable. Clubs like Spurs and Liv also sense that we will challenge them in the not too distant future if we keep the likes of Carroll and add player like Tiote and so on...

Agreed, the players don't expect Ashley to be the free spending type and it's obviously brought them together and created a real strong team spirit (helped by the season in the CCC). Selling Carroll would start to fracture the spirit as well as losing our best striker, it weakens us massively as well as strengthening teams near us. I know the money is insane but who would we attract?

I think even from Ashley's perspective, selling him now is fucking stupid. Refuse the bids now and wait for him to pick up more caps, score more goals. His value will rise, that seems the most likely outcome. So even from the perspective of pure greed/running away with the cash, it makes little sense.

I dont see how his stock can increase, to be honest i dont see how he can be worth 20m let alone 35m ffs

If it is, we wouldn't be able to get anyone with the same quality or as effective as Carroll with our current squad. And whoever we did get would be overpriced.

As well as that I can't see Ben Arfa, Collo, Jose, Tiote, Baron, Nolan, etc, etc being happy at all.

Agreed?

Remember Sima's famous quote that he was the worst player he'd ever seen? Bawan was the only person who stuck for him that's not even 2 years ago.

There was more than that iirc

Doesn't make it right though

Still think I'm cock-on about Cacapa though :unsure:

the thing that im worrying about is the offers that clubs would bid for i mean whats to say chelsea are next and put a 60 million bid in. would it tempt the fat twat then

Agreed?

Remember Sima's famous quote that he was the worst player he'd ever seen? Bawan was the only person who stuck for him that's not even 2 years ago.

I was at a game with manc-mag the year we went down and I half-heartedly said I think he's a canny player and his silence spoke volumes. You could tell he was thinking 'wtf are you on about?' It's mad like. And I reckon Bawan only stuck up for him so much because he knows him as well.

:unsure:

In sima's defence (well perhaps not defence, just more for context), I was about to say I hold my hands up and say categorically that I called him shit. Almost certainly will be on record on here as saying so too I imagine. And fair play I do remember you offering a more forensic analysis of his strengths than any appraisal I was prepared to make...I remember it mainly because I thought you must be pissed.

Anyone else now think he'll be off today then? Can't see the club turning down an improved bid.

I cant see it happening, but I can't work out why the club announced we'd had an offer. It makes no sense, unless they wanted to generate more interest.

Any player coming in would be a rushed purchase so would also be over priced. Unless we got him from the club he was sold too, or from someone in the buying chain.

I'd have thought turning down £30m would dampen speculation as no-one would be daft enough to go higher than that for a lad who hasn't played a competitive international.

The world's gone mad though as it only seems to have exacerbated speculation that clubs are lining up to pay even more.

You think there's less speculation now, than yesterday. :unsure:

To be honest, this window is like a perfect storm for the media. Local lad, performing very well in his 1st real Premier league season, interested club is notable in stature, they're needing to replace their talismanic striker, they're underachieving and need to massively reinvest...

I don't think he'll go, but will be gutted if he does.

Tell you what is giving me hope of him remaining; there's only 9 hours left of the window and I don't believe we'd be able to get a replacement in and that is so obvious to everyone that I can't imagine Ashley et al can miss that fact.

liverpool are a joke anyway why dont they sell torres get the 50 mill from chelsea or whatever it is then replace him with 2 strikers

Edited by DEADMAN

liverpool are a joke anyway why dont they sell torres get the 50 mill from chelsea or whatever it is then replace him with 2 strikers

Seems to be what they're trying here, offering for Carroll and they already have Suarez in.

SSN insisting that Torres is getting to the Chelsea training ground in the next half hour. Their Chief Exec is on site, which is, reportedly unusual

SSN insisting that Torres is getting to the Chelsea training ground in the next half hour. Their Chief Exec is on site which is, reportedly, unusual.

This is why I dont buy into any of that shite last night about you being 'a real boy' etc.

This is why I dont buy into any of that shite last night about you being 'a real boy' etc.

Nail, Head

Edited by sandman02uk

SSN insisting that Torres is getting to the Chelsea training ground in the next half hour. Their Chief Exec is on site which is, reportedly, unusual.

Dogbreath AND Torres ffs.