Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

It is almost as if Liverpool are completely panic buying. Appears to suggest that Torres is going. They are just bidding for anyone and everyone now..

Torres has gone man. :unsure:

Reliably informed that talks on image rights and salary (approx 175k/week) are all that remains forTorres deal to be completed #bbcfootball

Reports they're trying to sign Torres as a replacement from Crawley as they have untold amounts of shirts which will go unsold.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else now think he'll be off today then? Can't see the club turning down an improved bid.

If a £35M bid is true, I can't see how we could say no. The cynic in me says we told them to come back later with the offer, lessening the chance for us to re-invest. If he did go, not replacing him is madness. Though, Pardoo does have faith in Best and Shola :unsure:

Edited by JawD

Anyone else now think he'll be off today then? Can't see the club turning down an improved bid.

This. I reckon £30m + a player or £35m and he's gone.

It's mental when you think about it.

If he goes this window and we don't get a PL quality striker in, we're back in the relegation scrap imo. :unsure:

If a £25M bid is true, I can't see how we could say no. The cynic in me says we told them to come back later with the offer, lessening the chance for us to re-invest. If he did go, not replacing him is madness. Though, Pardoo does have faith in Best and Shola :unsure:

£30m bid rejected according to the Press Association. Whether that's just holding out for more or a real statement of intent remains to be seen.

This. I reckon £30m + a player or £35m and he's gone.

It's mental when you think about it.

Part of Ashleys 'plan' wouldn't have expected to be able to take £30million plus for one of the clubs youngsters. He's going to be in so many minds as to what's best to do. I imagine him sat there now with Dekka 'What you fink 'en Dez, is it wuwf it?'

I do think if another bid comes in at £35 million he'll be away. Whether that happens who knows. It's mad money, and very good if it's re-invested but i) that won't happen and ii) we'll never have time to do it.

If he can score goals this season and keep us up it'll be worth more than £20 million to us as a club so it's a tough tough decision.

To put my neck out, I think he'll still be here by tomorrow morning.

If a £25M bid is true, I can't see how we could say no. The cynic in me says we told them to come back later with the offer, lessening the chance for us to re-invest. If he did go, not replacing him is madness. Though, Pardoo does have faith in Best and Shola :unsure:

£30m bid rejected according to the Press Association. Whether that's just holding out for more or a real statement of intent remains to be seen.

Sorry guys 35m for carroll is a good deal, I know I'm going to get shot down in flames here but there you go

Sorry guys 35m for carroll is a good deal, I know I'm going to get shot down in flames here but there you go

Good deal? I'd bite their hands off if I thought we would re-invest well.

I cant see it happening, but I can't work out why the club announced we'd had an offer. It makes no sense, unless they wanted to generate more interest.

Any player coming in would be a rushed purchase so would also be over priced. Unless we got him from the club he was sold too, or from someone in the buying chain.

Good deal? I'd bite their hands off if I thought we would re-invest well.

It'll cover the overdraft.

Gut feeling says Carroll will go today. Hope I'm wrong but I just can't see Ashley turning it down.

35m is more than Barca paid for David Villa in the summer to put it into context. I'd still turn it down myself...

Didnt Wolves bid £3.5m for AC last January?

1000% increase in asset value in 12 months.