Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

Andy Carroll will never - repeat never - be worth more than these offers, so Newcastle are either 1. deluded or 2. ambitious. Hope it's 2.

What if he scores another 10 goals this season? Isnt he on a 5 year contract? Could easliy be worth more in the summer if he keeps scoring.

There should be more to this deal than money. It's clear that he has a definable market value already. I'd like to see him continue with us for another 3/4 years.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club
At £35m its far too simplistic to say 'keeps him, he's got ambiton, sells him he has none'

Regardless what he does even if the fee is over £30m, he's still a FCB, lets not lose sight of that. If he's reading this he's probably saying "Wotcha Del, can't faakin win wiv these norvun mankeys", well not with me he can't.

My hope (being stupid) is that the club are winding other clubs up to fuck their transfer strategies. Get Spurs to offload Keane and Liverpool to tinker with selling Torres to demoralise him further then pull out at last minute.

My faith in him staying is fairly flimsy now tbh.

At £35m its far too simplistic to say 'keeps him, he's got ambiton, sells him he has none'

Regardless what he does even if the fee is over £30m, he's still a FCB, lets not lose sight of that. If he's reading this he's probably saying "Wotcha Del, can't faakin win wiv these norvun mankeys", well not with me he can't.

I'll be fucking gutted if we do sell him. Cancer research Uk will be mildly disappointed but I'll be devastated.

I'm remarkably confident he'll be staying for now.

My spidey sense says the clubs have agreed a deal for the summer....and to publicise a rejected offer for now to give kudos to the owner.

But I'm a cynic.

So if he stays thats just further evidence of the lack of ambition? :unsure:

I'm remarkably confident he'll be staying for now.

My spidey sense says the clubs have agreed a deal for the summer....and to publicise a rejected offer for now to give kudos to the owner.

But I'm a cynic.

So if he stays thats just further evidence of the lack of ambition? :unsure:

Not at all. I said earlier how much credit I'd give the owner if we don't sell in this window. Even if it is just delaying it until the summer.

Unlikely one for you - hearing that Man City are about to take Sebastian Larsson on loan from Birmingham until end of the season

:unsure: No one willing to pay £80k a week so agent trying to get the clubs stuck on £40k to up their bids. Imo.

It's not the money, it's the value. Carroll is invaluable to us. £25 £30 £35 million is a good price of course but I think BFMA has actually planned vaguely moved toward some sort of financial stabling process which did NOT include a youngster to suddenly be worth £35m (of course I acknowledge the jury remains out as to whether or not this harvesting of talent actually is their 'plan'). What I'm suggesting is there is perhaps no need or desire to cash in at this stage.

But it's Mike Ashley so he could fart and change his mind and it would be foolhardy to second guess the fat bastard.

Maybe he is done pissing the fans off for a bit?

Edited by trophyshy

Aye, my concern is if we have no intention of selling, why announce it to the world. Mention nothing and no-one would even know a bid had been made.

Its naive to think the club has announced it for our benefit. :unsure:

Talk now is that we will accept a £35M offer on AC from Liverpool later today. In one sense I'm thinking "thats fucking silly money, take it" but on the other "how the fuck can we replace him with those funds before the day is out. Or is that the whole point..."

It is almost as if Liverpool are completely panic buying. Appears to suggest that Torres is going. They are just bidding for anyone and everyone now..

Torres has gone man. :unsure:

Reliably informed that talks on image rights and salary (approx 175k/week) are all that remains forTorres deal to be completed #bbcfootball