Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think judging how good a deal £35M for AC is depends on what is done with the money. Banked and never seen again? Bad deal. Re-invested in players that improve the first team like two forwards and a winger? Good deal.

Spot on. But I think we all know which one will happen..

BREAKING NEWS CHARLIE ADAMS ON HIS WAY TO MAN UTD ;):rolleyes:

Interesting, very interesting. Apparently the odds on Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam joining Manchester United have plummeted in the last few minutes. He is now 1/4 to go there and only 5/2 to join long-term suitors Liverpool. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last week of course that Adam is "worth £10m for his corners alone". Watch this space.

BBC

:unsure:

So youre happy spunking £10m+ on a player who has only been in the Premiership for a season, but not Carroll?

Interesting, very interesting. Apparently the odds on Blackpool midfielder Charlie Adam joining Manchester United have plummeted in the last few minutes. He is now 1/4 to go there and only 5/2 to join long-term suitors Liverpool. United boss Sir Alex Ferguson said last week of course that Adam is "worth £10m for his corners alone". Watch this space.

BBC

So youre happy spunking £10m+ on a player who has only been in the Premiership for a season, but not Carroll?

Carrolls first full season in the PL aswell.

BBC

Carrolls first full season in the PL aswell.

I know, I was saying he doesnt want Carroll but wants Adam!

The mackems in general probably didn't mind Bent going and will be loving this. But that doesn't make them hypocrites because we're severely weakened and they will reinvest the Bent money on the other hand. I'm fucking devastated about it tbh. It's just about the final straw for me.

The mackems in general probably didn't mind Bent going and will be loving this. But that doesn't make them hypocrites because we're severely weakened and they will reinvest the Bent money on the other hand. I'm fucking devastated about it tbh. It's just about the final straw for me.

With regards to the bust-up, it's a knocking bet that they've went to Carroll, "We're getting £35 million, now get yourself along there" without even bothering to ask what the player thinks. I bet he's getting about £70k as well.

If ashley didnt have any previous for being a thick, useless prick then a fair few people would look at £35m+ as a great deal, one which with additional investment on top could build a top class squad to really make a go of things. However instead we'll lose our best striker, a potential future great who is also a geordie and won't re-invest it as we should.

Then we'll have the additional crap of seeing the likes of Barton, Enrique, Tiote etc thinking whether they should stick around if we don't re-invest properly, why should they trust ashley to do that and also we'll have to see Carroll doing the business for the scousers when he should have been here.