Deadline Day

Christmas Tree

ngog is no where near as good as carroll partly because hes not tough like carroll. carroll on the other hand gets stuck in he helps out in midfield and defence aswell as a striker

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ngog is shit compared to carroll

And there is NO WAY on God's green earth that Carroll is worth £35 million quid.

you just can't turn that money down, almost means, in financial terms, that the relegation never happened.

Would have loved to keep him (still hoping in a way) but this is just ridiculous cash they're talking here. He's still one loss of temper away from clink.

Without his goals/an adequate replacement relegation very well may happen again. How can you not see this?

What adequate replacement would come on the wages we're currently prepared to pay anyway? And if we got lucky and got a talented young player in the summer who came good we couldn't reasonably be expected to hold onto him when clubs come knocking.

This is the issue, Ben Arfa, good deal, Tiote good deal, both even better for Ashley when we sell for four times the cost.

Sad day for the club imo.

This.

Find it strange that people are looking on this as good business.

It signals our intentions one way or the other. No Ifs or buts.

Thirded. Massive lack of ambition. We're being run like Sports Direct.

We should be building a team around Carroll, end of.

The sad factor will be the lack of re-investment (if that does turn out to be the case). I think we'd have been crazy not to accept the offer.

Presume AC is off to talk to them out of spite. Given the current respective positions of each club it's hardly a step upwards - only thing they can offer him is European football and there's no guarantee of that next season. Definitely puzzling if he's keen for any other reason than his rant at the club.

And there is NO WAY on God's green earth that Carroll is worth £35 million quid.

you just can't turn that money down, almost means, in financial terms, that the relegation never happened.

Would have loved to keep him (still hoping in a way) but this is just ridiculous cash they're talking here. He's still one loss of temper away from clink.

Without his goals/an adequate replacement relegation very well may happen again. How can you not see this?

To be fair we've coped quite well with both him and other equally as important players missing over the past few games. I'm confident we can stay up if he moves on.

Im looking at post re not being able to attract players if AC goes, well we have Ben Arfa, Enrique, Titote & Barton here too.

We are NOT a one man team like LOLerpool are.

Edited by wykikitoon

In all honesty it is good money for a player who it is less than guaranteed will make the step up. For me he is still an excellent prospect, but that's about it.

However it seems that the club has been giving signals that they were willing to talk money regarding a poss transfer this window and have been for a couple of weeks (since Harry started telling his drinking buddies about their bid), the question remains that if this is the case they must have ideas about a replacement knowing the fallout that will inevitably come. I seriously think that the relegation battle will be on if we are to go on without Carroll who has been all over the pitch and a real lightning rod in many games.

As a purely business deal you have to say that this is quite close to the price ceiling for a player who in all reality isn't super-gifted and has some psychological baggage. I can only imagine that if he carries on improving the price would have increased but to no more than 40m and in the summer without time pressure who would fork that out? Think we are in these big figures cause Liv (have money from Torres) and Spurs are desperate.

The real pain is that Carroll being a local lad had a reall connection with the club and a fighting spirit that came with that. In that sense he is irreplaceable.

Sad day if this goes through (and it looks like it might).

This.

Im bookmarking this, should we win Wednesday and you'll be posting about Ashleys vision in getting rid.

Not at all.

My view has been improvement since relegation without selling our best players. This would sicken me as it did with Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza.

Its a hell of a lot of money and If Liverpool can have Torres nicked off them then the same can happen to us.

But still, a sickener, a negative for the squad and as Alex says, anyone and everyone would be vulnerable. Tiote in the summer...etc

To be fair we've coped quite well with both him and other equally as important players missing over the past few games. I'm confident we can stay up if he moves on.

We've also dropped 4 points when we had numerous chances to get a second goal, because our strikers aren't good enough. And this is our good form. How will we cope when we hit a bad patch?

His goals so far this season have brought us several points too.

I'd be worried about it happening next season like.

What adequate replacement would come on the wages we're currently prepared to pay anyway? And if we got lucky and got a talented young player in the summer who came good we couldn't reasonably be expected to hold onto him when clubs come knocking.

Aye, we got seriously lucky with Carroll turning out to be good. Great money and all that, but we are a worse team for him going, and even when we replace him it'll be with a player of a lesser standard. Big step backwards.

I wouldn't be against getting N'gog in on a loan til the summer. We have absolutely no chance of getting a striker in from anywhere else before 11pm.

We would be better playing Smith up front.....................serious!

This.

Im bookmarking this, should we win Wednesday and you'll be posting about Ashleys vision in getting rid.

Not at all.

My view has been improvement since relegation without selling our best players. This would sicken me as it did with Beardsley, Waddle and Gazza.

Its a hell of a lot of money and If Liverpool can have Torres nicked off them then the same can happen to us.

But still, a sickener, a negative for the squad and as Alex says, anyone and everyone would be vulnerable. Tiote in the summer...etc

Tbf to you CT, this is consistent with what you've been saying for a good while now.

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

If N'Gog comes here I'm not going back ever - 100%. Please to god sign someone decent. There's plenty of adequate la liga strikers we could get for 10-15m, there's still time, Podolski too.