Andy Carroll aftermath(press conf/interviews etc)

Barney

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea this is our new year present sell carroll it was ashleys ploy all along and guess what all the geordies sit on there arses and do nothing about it like always i think its time we stood up for our club

All too soft in the head mate. They're all like "Ashley could spend wor ticket money on a puppy maiming factory and i'd still gan to the games". Probably the reason he bought us. I bet a lot of other clubs would be rid of him by now.

are you posting in the wrong forum ?

Sorry, I must be pissed, must be from all this celebrating you tipped me off to do!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

yea this is our new year present sell carroll it was ashleys ploy all along and guess what all the geordies sit on there arses and do nothing about it like always i think its time we stood up for our club

All too soft in the head mate. They're all like "Ashley could spend wor ticket money on a puppy maiming factory and i'd still gan to the games". Probably the reason he bought us. I bet a lot of other clubs would be rid of him by now.

Sorry, I must be pissed, must be from all this celebrating you tipped me off to do!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

thought you would be celebrating the next stage of your mans "plan" ?

yea well the fans that have season tickets are doing sweet fa about thease fools there letting them get away with it selling one of our best players just to clear there fucking debts pathetic what kind of fans is that eh

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'm celebrating that the club has actually had a player that somebody wanted to buy, as opposed to the ones signed under the last regime who sat until their contracts expired, as no other clubs would go anywhere near them.

Guest Your Name Here

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

I'm celebrating that the club has actually had a player that somebody wanted to buy, as opposed to the ones signed under the last regime who sat until their contracts expired, as no other clubs would go anywhere near them.

Carroll was signed under the last regime.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Carroll was signed under the last regime.

Signed in October didn't he?

In all fainess to Carroll when Liverpool were making him a double your money offer he was probably right to ask Newcastle if they were taking the piss in expecting him to be on 1/2 what he's worth for 5 years.

Don't get me wrong I think even £200,000 a year would be obscene for a footballer, but he's been brought up in a different mentality, surrounded by mercenary footballers and agents.

They were basically asking him to forfeit well in excess of £10m so he could waste the next five years of his career at a going-nowhere cowboy outfit. They might be able to exploit the supporters loyalty but Carroll is a professional footballer and quite rightly wasn’t prepared to be a mug.

Good point well made.

Starting to come to terms with it all.

Club wanted to sell. Carroll wanted £80k per week.

Nobody was screwed over except probably the NUFC fans. Hopefully Fatty and Rapey spend £50m + over the next few windows. I don't see it happening though.

Magpies are sick as parrots admits Pardew

The Birdman@Mirror

Alan Pardew admitted Newcastle are "disillusioned" and "vulnerable" after selling Andy Carroll.

The Newcastle boss revealed the mood of his shell-shocked players "wasn't great" yesterday after the breaking of a raft of promises made by Pardew from the first day he took the job, that Carroll wasn't for sale.

Newcastle face Fulham tonight while still digesting the £35million deal that leaves money in the bank but the ambitions of the club under Mike Ashley again being questioned.

United's remaining star names are stunned that Carroll has gone. They were given an explanation yesterday by Pardew and asked to "push on" in the league.

It is another blow after the shock departure of Chris Hughton in December.

Pardew, who accepted his part in deciding the sale, said: "I can't say the window for us has been a success, can I? We have lost Andy Carroll.

"The mood on the training ground wasn't great. We are disappointed to lose a friend and a player. Disillusionment? You can't hide that because Liverpool gained Carroll and Suarez, and Chelsea gained Torres and we haven't gained a striker in that process.

"I'm disappointed - that's the word I would use. We've lost a very good player. It is money I can't spend tomorrow, so it's no use for me.

"It's frustrating, and frustrating for Newcastle fans to see a player like Andy leave. We can't harp on that - we have to go forward and onwards."

The United boss is weakened after claiming for two months that he had "assurances" Carroll would stay, no matter what kind of bid interested clubs put together.

Only last week, he was adamant that Carroll was part of a nucleus of "good young uns" to build the club around and get Newcastle back to the big time.

In prickly exchanges yesterday, Pardew was asked why fans should believe any pledges he, or the club, make in the future.

He replied: "What do you want me to say? What can I say?"

"All I would say is that with Andy Carroll we knocked back so many bids for him and I was adamant that he wasn't going to go until extraordinary circumstances came along yesterday."

So surely that means there is a natural ceiling on Newcastle's ambitions? That good players will be sold because the club want to keep a check on salaries and turn in a transfer profit?

Pardew said: "That is a question that is difficult to answer, because obviously we have sold Andy.

"The situation was made clear when I arrived here - the financial structure of this club was not an affluent one.

"It is not an affluent club in terms of what other big clubs can produce in terms of salaries and fees for players. That was made clear to me. So I can't moan about it now when we have just received an extraordinary offer.

"I can look anyone in the eye and say it is an extraordinary offer for the player, and we now have to use it to good effect.

"How can I now believe that is going to happen? I have got to believe it is going to happen. I spoke to Mike Ashley 15 minutes ago to clarify that. He is clear.

"The fee is enormous. I have had no chance to spend it. We have to make sure we spend it correctly in the summer. There will be £35m available and all of it will be spent, but it would be on fees AND wages.

"We were relegated only two years ago and the finances have got to be in order. Mike Ashley made that clear all along.

"To compete you have to invest over a period to compete with these guys. We are short of top, top players to compete at the top level, where we should be. Can you do it after coming up? No. Can you do it in a few years? Yes.

"Myself and the players are sad to see Andy leave and I hope he remains our friend. It was an extraordinary situation for him and for us. I am confident the group can pull themselves together. By the time we get to the game at Fulham they will be ready to show that."

No doubt it'll cover the contracts of any current players in all, like the renewing of Enrique and Bartons contracts (if they still happen) so that's probably a good 5-8m on each of them straight away.

Fees and wages.

:D

...including the wages of the current players no doubt. So will probably have spent the Carroll money in full by the time summer rolls around with enough left in the 'kitty' to pick up someone from the Championship for 1M.

There's never straightforward communication from the club, it's always double speak that's intentionally ambiguous. Our wages would currently be at the lowest point they've been in the last 6+ years, that's not takign into account inflation or the fact that footballers wages have increased exponentially in that time.

We're well and truly being left behind on all fronts.

If Pardew's planning to spend the money on Carlton Cole, I'd rather it went into Ashley's pocket.

Can you please explain how that can happen legally ??

Edited by Toonpack

If Pardew's planning to spend the money on Carlton Cole, I'd rather it went into Ashley's pocket.

Bonus. We'll show a profit this year after selling Carroll. They can pay themselves a bonus.

The money's used to repay Ashley's loan to the club.....