Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The referee's a seal!" is a brilliant one I heard at Hartlepool a couple of years ago. There was also a belligerent six-year-old at that game who spent the entire time perched in his dad's arms shouting random abuse. At one point he pointed straight at an admittedly chunkly Hartlepool player and screamed "FATTY! FATTY!" for a good five minutes.

Fifa goal of the year...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/30786318

The only goal I think I've seen to compare with RvPs was Houchen for Cov in the 87 cup but that was from a cross from the right. Diving headers are incredibly rare nowadays.

Hammes? obviously brilliant, but not even the second best goal at the world cup, Cahill gets that for me.

The Irish girls goal was great too.....but can you really compare a ladies match in a footballing backwater to the world cup finals?...

Just for the sheer rarity value Van Persie's diving header is just about the best goal of the decade for me :good:

Fifa goal of the year...

The only goal I think I've seen to compare with RvPs was Houchen for Cov in the 87 cup but that was from a cross from the right. Diving headers are incredibly rare nowadays.

Hammes? obviously brilliant, but not even the second best goal at the world cup, Cahill gets that for me.

The Irish girls goal was great too.....but can you really compare a ladies match in a footballing backwater to the world cup finals?...

Just for the sheer rarity value Van Persie's diving header is just about the best goal of the decade for me :good:

I'm torn on this; It came from (as I remember it) a throw-in about 30 yrds out, on the right wing, she GinolaFerencvaros-ed it and buries it from 20-25yrds?

Without fouling her, I'm not sure who could have stopped it.

On the other hand it could be argued that a top class defender would have intercepted the throw-in or seen the danger and fouled her?

I'm torn on this; It came from (as I remember it) a throw-in about 30 yrds out, on the right wing, she GinolaFerencvaros-ed it and buries it from 20-25yrds?

Without fouling her, I'm not sure who could have stopped it.

On the other hand it could be argued that a top class defender would have intercepted the throw-in or seen the danger and fouled her?

Her marker was a bit hapless. Williamson probably would have out and out flattened her rather than risk her getting a shot off :lol:

Otherwise, I wonder about the keeper more than anything. Would a better keeper have saved it? It wasn't top corner as I recall, about chest high in fact.

I'll tell what would have stopped it. Her doing the fucking ironing instead of pissing about with her mates.

:lol:

Unreal goal like. Don't really care that much for goal of the year awards that much because I think people tend to like and appreciate different things in football aesthetically like. My personal favourite last year was Bale's winner in Copa Del Rey.

The Revisita De La Liga goal of 2014 competition is well worth a watch for anyone who hasn't seen it. Some ridiculous stuff in it:

Also, the number one (and others tbf!) on this, to use the dead, cliched words, out of this world:

Edited by ADP

Fifa goal of the year...

No - no you can't . Especially as it was a reserve match filmed on somebody's phone.

It got a lot of hype & morons all over twitter were calling it 'sexist' that she didn't win (even though it's based on public votes) I don't really think you can compare it with a goal at the WC finals - or even a whole host of other events where the pressure is on, millions are watching & the player is playing with other professionals at the top of their game.

Put it this way - if a man scores that goal the same level -

Lets say - I dunno, a player for a Northern Premier league team scores that in a reserve game, filmed on a camera phone, does it get the same attention? I doubt it.

As for the defending/'keeping, where do we start. :lol:

For the record - the best goal in the original nominees was Pajtim Kasami's.

No - no you can't . Especially as it was a reserve match filmed on somebody's phone.

It got a lot of hype & morons all over twitter were calling it 'sexist' that she didn't win (even though it's based on public votes) I don't really think you can compare it with a goal at the WC finals - or even a whole host of other events where the pressure is on, millions are watching & the player is playing with other professionals at the top of their game.

Put it this way - if a man scores that goal the same level -

Lets say - I dunno, a player for a Northern Premier league team scores that in a reserve game, filmed on a camera phone, does it get the same attention? I doubt it.

As for the defending/'keeping, where do we start. :lol:

Aye, that was an incredible goal.

Can't believe this didn't make the nominees though:

Aye, runs RvP close...bit of the "Hatem v Blackburn" about it though, didnt get anywhere near the credit it deserved..

Edited by PaddockLad

If you cannot find fault in the defending or goalkeeping then a goal in any standard of football should be considered.The goal from the irish lass was technically more difficult than the goal which actually won the award .I cannot see the difference between a Sunday morning player putting one over the keepers head from inside his own half and Beckham doing it in the Premier league,if both keepers were too far off the line.

Still think that free kick was better. I'm not sure I've ever seen a free kick like that before. I don't even know how it was physically possible, unless there was some significant wind interference.

Looked like he meant it as well.

The Irish lass went untouched man, I highly doubt that would have been in case in a top flight game. The defender would have made a move for the cross or become physical with the player rather than just stand watching them, that's before factoring in the level of goalkeeper as Tom mentioned. It's a good goal by the lass but the level of football she was playing at should factor in as Tom and others pointed out, she done well to get nominated and be in the running but it'd have been a bit silly if a non-league reserve team goal won the award.