Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their owner is dodgy as fuck. It's difficult to fathom why he wanted to buy the club when he couldn't afford it and knew that they had this massive tax liability hanging over them.

Aye, crazy, first time I've read that they potentially owe £49m!

I'm really pleased Rangers are going in to administration, they are a disgrace of a club and no matter how bad things get they deserve everything coming their way. Although they've at least on the public side attempted to clean things up, 120 years of bigotry are ingrained in the very fibre of the football club. They are not a big club despite what the liver damage jock mafia tell you, if they went bust completely no one would notice or care, other than Celtic.

I'm really pleased Rangers are going in to administration, they are a disgrace of a club and no matter how bad things get they deserve everything coming their way. Although they've at least on the public side attempted to clean things up, 120 years of bigotry are ingrained in the very fibre of the football club. They are not a big club despite what the liver damage jock mafia tell you, if they went bust completely no one would notice or care, other than Celtic.

Hopefully they'd follow the same route

My biggest worry with this happening is Celtic really pushing to be allowed into the English leagues, no wonder they're so chuffed they've not managed to win a 2 horse race since '08. They're both bottom half championship teams tbh totally irrelevant, I feel bad for the fans that aren't total cunts but the "54 league titles biggest clubs ever" cunts can do one.

Edited by Howay

And so the worst league in the world becomes even less competitive than it is already.

The Prem aint much different these days in terms of competition

There are currently 3 teams above 50 points, all arguably in shot of the title. We could have a potential 4th new league winner this season as well.

Compare that to the SPL with its 2 contenders and it's already ridiculous. I dislike both the 'big' clubs in that league but if Rangers go tits up then who is going to get near Celtic each season? It'll be an even bigger joke of a league if they're pissing it by 20+ points every season.

And so the worst league in the world becomes even less competitive than it is already.

We could have a potential 4th new league winner this season as well.

5th in fact, Man utd, Arsenal, Chelsea and Blackburn at the minute.

My biggest worry with this happening is Celtic really pushing to be allowed into the English leagues, no wonder they're so chuffed they've not managed to win a 2 horse race since '08. They're both bottom half championship teams tbh totally irrelevant, I feel bad for the fans that aren't total cunts but the "54 league titles biggest clubs ever" cunts can do one.

We'd win the SPL every year forever if we were in it. Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough were invited to join in 1991, not many remember that.

My biggest worry with this happening is Celtic really pushing to be allowed into the English leagues

I can't see it ever happening. What would they add?

I'd hope the FA would reject them just saying I could see Celtic really pushing for it, although I could see them getting themselves to 55 league titles so they'd have 1 more than Rangers.

We'd win the SPL every year forever if we were in it. Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesbrough were invited to join in 1991, not many remember that.

Agreed, total joke of a league. Kenny Miller and Kris Boyd have both been goal machines in it very recently say nee more tbh.

He says when we're looking like having a brand new Premier League winner this season

There's only two or three in the PL capable of "winning it", in the SPL it's the same two year on year, bugger all difference tbh.

The "new" potential winner is hugely bankrolled, which is a distortion of competition, if someone bankrolled Kilmarnock or suchlike, they'd compete as well. It's all based on disparity in fincancial clout.

He says when we're looking like having a brand new Premier League winner this season

There's only two or three in the PL capable of "winning it", in the SPL it's the same two year on year, bugger all difference tbh.

The "new" potential winner is hugely bankrolled, which is a distortion of competition, if someone bankrolled Kilmarnock or suchlike, they'd compete as well. It's all based on disparity in fincancial clout.

who are those three?

because its been a bunch of them, 2/3 potential winners every season that changes a little each year or two is about as good as you get in top european leagues

who are those three?

because its been a bunch of them, 2/3 potential winners every season that changes a little each year or two is about as good as you get in top european leagues

It's more the fact that Rangers have 54 titles and Celtic have 48 or something, compared to 19 for Man utd, 18 for Liverpool, 13 for Arsenal, Everton have 9 or 10, loads of teams on 6,5,4,3 etc the English leagues are far more competitive.

It's more the fact that Rangers have 54 titles and Celtic have 48 or something, compared to 19 for Man utd, 18 for Liverpool, 13 for Arsenal, Everton have 9 or 10, loads of teams on 6,5,4,3 etc the English leagues are far more competitive.

well exactly, but even in recent history there have been more teams capable of winning the title, running it close than there have in decades of scottish football yet

apparently

who are those three?

Does it matter, really??

It just goes to show how truly "uncompetitive" top league football is. To state only 2 teams are ever going to win a 12 team league makes it "ridculous" and yet in a 20 team league only one or two teams more than that could win it and that's "competitive", is just daft.

who are those three?

Used to be. Not now. The gulf in money has changed all that. The "it's ridiculous up there" argument used to be perfectly valid, it's valid no longer IMO.

who are those three?

Used to be. Not now. The gulf in money has changed all that. The "it's ridiculous up there" argument used to be perfectly valid, it's valid no longer IMO.

Agree in part, I still think it's more competitive in the English league's Rangers and Celtic have been the top 2 every year apart from 1 the Premiership has been a bit different. Agree the influx of Oligarch owners has made the Premiership less competitive but the SPL is possibly the least competitive league in Europe.