Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

It seemed a farce situation to begin with.

From what I remember they brought in Comolli to do a similar job to what Carr does here in identifying talent, then when they wanted Dalglish to have the job he said he will only take it on full time if he gets full control over who comes in which is fair enough, but then instead of identifying young foreign talent they go and spunk the majority of their money on Premiership players.

So either Comolli as a scout was useless or Dalglish didn't take any notice of his recommendation, either way he got the sack for it. :lol:

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would imagine Carr will be offered enough to stay. And he's a local anyway. Plus Liverpool have shot their load cash wise. They're not in Europe and the FFP rules are in effect now - they blew their last chance to spend really big on a load of shit. So they can't even offer a monopoly money brief to Carr.

I see no incentive for him to leave.

We've got Carr tied to a 5 year contract anyway which I don't think he can easily walk away from.

I have read that they expect to turn a good profit next year btw due to their huge sponsors, not anywhere like what they're spent recently though and with King Kenny spending it chances are it will be wasted.

I think Dalglish instructed Comolli to think British. Looking back over Dalglish's career, he's always bought British, I can't think of one successful foreigner he's ever bought, maybe Henning Berg but he was nee Bobby Moore.

FSG have spent 33 million net.

That's not really the point, you had a huge amount from player sales too and pretty much wasted it.

You don't have a £50m player you can sell this time.

I think Dalglish instructed Comolli to think British. Looking back over Dalglish's career, he's always bought British, I can't think of one successful foreigner he's ever bought, maybe Henning Berg but he was nee Bobby Moore.

His favourite Ethnicity is 'White British' going by history. ;)

GC - ''Kenny there's this young lad in the Dutch league, 34 goals in 29 starts, very comparable to C.Ronaldo & we can get him for £3m''

KD - ''Why would we want to do that Graham? Why you askin thaa? Gareth Barry £25m GO!''

GC - ''Kenny there's this young lad in the Dutch league, 34 goals in 29 starts, very comparable to C.Ronaldo & we can get him for £3m''

KD - ''Why would we want to do that Graham? Why you askin thaa? Gareth Barry £25m GO!''

"Oh, is that what you think, Graham? Well, I'm not sitting in this scouting meeting anymore, I'm off"

Yeah, forget about the man who's bought british players for the majority part of managerial career (including replacing Ginola with Glass :lol:) It was the American's who wanted British players :lol: It wasn't Rafa's fault either, it was the Americans!

We got rid of a load of deadwood, lowered the wage bill, and spent 33 million net.

FSG, wanted more British players btw.

theres always someone else to blame other than the king isnt there?

Love that journalist after journalist are coming out on twitter at the moment and debunking the "they were all comolis signings forced on to kenny" shite

this being my favourite so far

RorySmithTimes

Just to clear 1 thing up: all of #LFC's signings were jointly approved apart from (definitely) Adam and (reportedly) Downing. They were KD.

Edited by Semimental

Whilst I'm never one to stem the flow of a Dalglish pile-on, but didn't he sign Solano for us? Pretty sure he did like.

Hamann too but he didn't really manage them here for any length of time iirc.

Whilst I'm never one to stem the flow of a Dalglish pile-on, but didn't he sign Solano for us? Pretty sure he did like.

Aye that's an isolated incident of him making a decent foreign signing though. He's stuck in 1985 I think, thinking British clubs have won 7 of the last 9 European Cups why sign some Carlos Kickaball, he doesn't trust them, and they don't understand his shite accent.

Is there a reason why they haven't played Coates?

He was the only signing I think I would say that Comolli was probably responsible for.

He's young, still settling to the Prem and would have played more this season if we hadn't been so bad, will be a great player for the future and as a stand in for the made of glass Agger.

The word here last summer was that they both agreed on each others targets, but Commoli wasn't keen on Downing or Adam, and Dalglish wasn't sure about Carroll, but both agreed to all of them eventually.