Generic small time football blather thread

Guest You FCB Get Out Of Our Club

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

baffling.

QPR captain Shaun Derry criticises FA over appeal

QPR's Shaun Derry has described the Football Association's decision to uphold his red card against Manchester United at Old Trafford as "ridiculous".

Derry was sent off for a foul on Ashley Young during Sunday's 2-0 defeat.

Replays showed minimal contact with Young, who was in an offside position when the ball was played.

"There was no explanation as to why it was not overturned, or any indication of why I got sent off. The whole scenario is quite bizarre," he said.

"I don't know what they do at the FA, but it's not working."

The 34-year-old captain served a one-match ban which ruled him out of QPR's 3-0 victory over Swansea on Wednesday.

Rangers boss Mark Hughes said his side were "losing faith in referees" following the dismissal of Derry by referee Lee Mason.

Derry, who joined QPR from Crystal Palace in 2010, added: "I thought it was a foregone conclusion that it would be overturned and I would be available for Swansea. Everyone thought the FA would put it to bed that way.

"To miss out on the next game is ridiculous really.

"The e-mail we got back from the FA was one line telling me my appeal had not been successful. That's as far as it went.

"It was the single highlight of my career to lead a Premier League side out at Old Trafford, so I was bitterly disappointed to say the least. It is a tough pill to swallow."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17663750

Derry fell foul of their stubborn "the ref saw it in normal play" shite.

It was bad enough that Doni appealed but Ivanovic should have had the ban at least doubled for surely the stupidest "appeal" ever - what the fuck were his grounds?

Derry fell foul of their stubborn "the ref saw it in normal play" shite.

It was bad enough that Doni appealed but Ivanovic should have had the ban at least doubled for surely the stupidest "appeal" ever - what the fuck were his grounds?

Not sure but the FA confirmed the appeal had substance. You have to laugh really.

The Derry sending off sends the message that the FA believe even the slightest contact should result in penalties.

I can forgive the referee because he sees it once, in real time and at high pace and Young went down fairly naturally (i.e. no delayed reaction). But the FA have the benefit of video, slow mo, time to send a message that we don't want people launching themselves to the floor..

The Derry sending off sends the message that the FA believe even the slightest contact should result in penalties.

Aye they had the chance to make a statement and declare that whilst there was contact, it was clearly not enough to cause the reaction from the attacking player, and that the only reasonable conclusion is simulation on behalf of the attacking player. Red card rescinded.

It would have set a precedent and Man United wouldn't have been happy at the slur, but it would have been the right precedent to set.

Instead they chose to support the cheater by hiding behind the "There was contact. You can't expect us to opine on how MUCH contact there was." excuse. Which sets entirely the wrong precedent.

Pele Says

there's always this Maradona comparison, saying that he's better than Pele. Now some are saying that Messi is better than Pele. Well, he has to be better than Neymar first, which he isn't yet. He has more experience

Maradonas reply

"My God, that is just stupid. Maybe Neymar is the best player in the world, but only if you say that Messi is from a different planet."

:D

"What's happened is he's gone and had a heart attack, he's been rushed into hospital, the doctor's have done an excellent job in caring for him, and now it's up to him to complete the rest of his recovery."

A tribute to the man. Get well soon Trevor.

I hate it when twats say this with absolutely no logic to their statement whatever, nor any reason or rationale as to WHY they are this way...

but...

I have a bad feeling about this Liverpool - Everton game today :(

I see Hansen reckons that "it's inevitable" that Moyes will leave Everton in the summer. Not that it would happen, but I'd be happy to see Pardew sacrificed for him. I'm not saying Pardew hasn't done a good job, but you have to take opportunities to improve when they become available.

If Redknapp gets the England job, he'll probably end up at Spurs which would be bad news for us.

I don't think Pardew will leave us, his position is pretty untouchable at the moment and he has a chance to build on a successful season at the biggest club he's taken charge of in his career.

Moyes wouldn't be an upgrade - it wasn't long ago everyone was saying he was shit!

Theres a school of thought that Moyes may get the manu job when Fergie goes.....with them having to be a bit more canny in the transfer market nowadays I can see how he'd be a good choice tbh. I always thought hed be a bit too negative for their fans' sense of how the game should be played (bit like Hodgson at Anfield) but I think theyd have to lump that nowadays. He'd be good for Spurs too no doubt. Where would that leave Everton? like Sheffield Wednesday? or worse?

I think the FA will try to appoint Redknapp for this summer only after the end of the season, but he's highly likely to have said yes or no already. And as they havent moved for anyone else I think its a yes. So Moyes may well be at Everton a season or two yet.

Here's a stat attack on the rising cost of football courtesy of Virgin Money. Hope the link works... Link here if the quality is poor:http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7089/7083694363_6089037b8d_o.png d5cde9fc-21a7-08b8.jpg

Edited by Gemmill

It'd be absolute madness to let Pardew go and replace him with Moyes at this moment in time! Not sure Moyes has the brand of football and tactical wherewithal to challenge effectively at the top to be honest. He might be best off staying at Everton and waiting for someone with a penny to spend to take over.

Muamba has been discharged from hospital

unbelievable really, thought he was done for when it all happened

Remarkable story all round. Fanstastic news that he's been discharged :)

Not even a nomination for us....

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been shortlisted for the PFA Player and Young Player of the Year awards.

The 23-year-old Argentina international, who has scored 21 goals in 30 league appearances this season, is joined in the six-strong group by Eastlands team-mates Joe Hart and David Silva.

Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie, who leads the scoring charts with 27 league goals, is also on the shortlist along with Wayne Rooney of Manchester United and Tottenham's Scott Parker.

Aguero, who joined City from Atletico Madrid last year, is nominated in the young player category with Spurs duo Kyle Walker and Gareth Bale, who won the main award last year.

Manchester United's Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea and Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain complete the sextet aiming to follow in the footsteps of 2011 winner Jack Wilshere.

The awards will be presented at a ceremony in London on Sunday, 22 April where the PFA teams of the year for the Premier League, Championship, League One and Two will also be unveiled.

Not even a nomination for us....

Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero has been shortlisted for the PFA Player and Young Player of the Year awards.

The 23-year-old Argentina international, who has scored 21 goals in 30 league appearances this season, is joined in the six-strong group by Eastlands team-mates Joe Hart and David Silva.

Arsenal striker Robin Van Persie, who leads the scoring charts with 27 league goals, is also on the shortlist along with Wayne Rooney of Manchester United and Tottenham's Scott Parker.

Aguero, who joined City from Atletico Madrid last year, is nominated in the young player category with Spurs duo Kyle Walker and Gareth Bale, who won the main award last year.

Manchester United's Danny Welbeck, Daniel Sturridge of Chelsea and Arsenal winger Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain complete the sextet aiming to follow in the footsteps of 2011 winner Jack Wilshere.

The awards will be presented at a ceremony in London on Sunday, 22 April where the PFA teams of the year for the Premier League, Championship, League One and Two will also be unveiled.

How have Wellbeck, Sturridge, and Oxo-cube had a better season than Krul?

Just mental that we've not got a single nomination despite being the team that has surpassed all expectations. :lol: