Guthrie goes on loan to Forrest

Christmas Tree

Nottingham Forest are bringing in Newcastle midfielder Danny Guthrie on loan to boost their faltering promotion bid.

Billy Davies' side have won just one of their last five games and now sit four points off the automatic spots.

Guthrie was a key player in Newcastle's promotion campaign last season and Davies wants his experience to guide Forest through the final months of the season.

The ex-Liverpool lad is now on the fringes at St James' Park and is tempted by the lure of regular games.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Trans...l#ixzz1FD9WSfMd

He was a good player in the Championship, is well out of form currently.

What sort of special dispensation would be required for this given the window is now closed? Emergency?

Someone asked the question of Danny Simpson on twitter regarding Gutthrie.. Simpsons response was that he was injured (possibly hamstring).. so obviously had no idea about him going out on loan.

Ive said this for a while now, theres something dodgy going on with Guthrie, hes not been seen for weeks, his house has sat empty for about a month but hes not actually moved out.

Wasn't there a load of Rozzers around his house taking a long, hard look at his 4x4 last summer?

His wages are fuck all as well so it's not much of a saving on that score. I can only assume it's a bit like the Routledge thing, i.e. with a view to a permanent deal if they come up. Re: the emergency loan thing, I think there's different rules apply to the Championship on loaning players.

Ive said this for a while now, theres something dodgy going on with Guthrie, hes not been seen for weeks, his house has sat empty for about a month but hes not actually moved out.

any rumours you wanna share, by pm if neccesary?

When was the last time he played? Seem to remember him 'pulling up' in the midfield after making a terrible touch that cost us - and the. Being stretchered off?

Was that West Brom away? Anyway he's started against Chelsea at home and has come on against the mackems away since then (off the top of my head).

When was the last time he played? Seem to remember him 'pulling up' in the midfield after making a terrible touch that cost us - and the. Being stretchered off?

He has played since then.

I swear the football gods were shining down on me the other day. I heavily criticised Guthrie for that touch when he injured himself and we conceded a gaol as a result, I did very similar (without injuring myself, and without conceding a goal) went to dribble the ball through a gap between two defenders, fucking trod on the ball and slipped over :rolleyes: and they were off with the ball whilst I picked myself up as quickly as possible. I was playing on 4 hours sleep so that's my excuse - that and the fact that I'm not a professional football player.

I wouldnt mind Guthrie going out on loan. His attitude has been nothing short of poor this season. He made a mistake against Chelsea which he didnt even bother chasing back and West Brom I fear the injury he picked up was more to his pride than his leg.

He was good enough in the Championship when he was surrounded by a Premiership class team however I fear with the above mentioned mistakes, he would be better off moving clubs. He just doesnt seem to have that passion for football nevermind Newcastle. I hope the lad makes it somewhere however I just dont think Newcastle are the club for him.

Forementioned rumours on this forum also make me believe something just isnt right with Guthrie at the moment and maybe a fresh start would help him out.

WBA away. He was shite.

Should never have played for us again after that 'display'. He has actually put in a couple of good (by his standards at least) performances since then.

Seems mental to let him go out on loan given our current resources (Ben Arfa at least a month away, Taylor banned for three games, Gosling anyones guess and have we heard about Barton yet?) but nothing surprises me now.

I used to like Guthrie in the Championship but like everyone has said, it's easier to do well in that division when you've got extra seconds on the ball. If it's things in his personal life effecting his performances then it's probably best for him to get away for a while but I suspect he's just not good enough.