Player of the Season

Christmas Tree

I think I said back in September that Barton would win player of the season hands down.

There is no doubting the difference in our performances when he plays, however I must say that whilst he is still my favourite player (Your time will come Shane), there are others that are running him close as we come into the last seven games.

My short list

Barton --- Has kept getting better and better this season and is superb out on the right. Great skills, great vision and a desire to win which seems to lift all around him. A proper football brain to match his skill which allows him to pull off the cross field long range passes just as well as the neat one-two's.

Nolan --- As ASM mentioned earlier this year, Nolan somehow doesnt seem to get the credit he deserves. Runs himself ragged for the club as he did again on Saturday even though he was clearly unwell. His goals have been a god send and his genuine influence in the dressing room really seems real. And lets not forget the chicken dance.

Tiote --- Stevie or LM will have to say when a player last arrived and made such an impact in his first year. Still with a bit to learn but what a player.

Colochini should get a mention for a solid season as should Danny Simpson for the way he has improved this term. But it will be one from the above three for me and so far in the order listed.

Does the whole does he want to stay/doesn't he thingy possibly get in the way including Jose?

I'd deffo include Colo. Wow, what a change from how he was two seasons ago.

Otherwise, Tiote, Barton and Nolan are good for the shortlist.

I actually can't pick from barton, Milan, tote and colo. They all bring masses to the team, of great importance and miss them all equally when they are out.

Good mention for Simpson too. Always said he was a PL RB.

Tiote. We'd be in a relegation battle without him. Kudos also to Barton and Nolan. I thought they were both finished at this level before this season. Happy to be wrong on both counts. Well done Enrique also for carrying on last seasons good form.

We've some cracking performances this season from a few players. Tough to choose between the ones listed. I'm tempted to say Barton because he has had such a good season despite playing out of position (RM). But it's tough to look past Tiote who I think we have missed most when out. I'd also hate to see Colo injured.

Barton for me. Been an absolute revelation and truly has come of age. Also largely responsible for filling the bank up with £35m because the majority of what Andy Carroll has done this season is because of the service Barton has provided.

Tiote would be a close second.

I think the only reason Nolan struggles to get the credit he deserves is he is a bit like the darren bent of our club. Although Nolan tries hard apart from his goals he has very little effect on the game elsewhere.

Don't take this the wrong way his golas have put us where we are and he would be in every week for as he is a great finisher gets in the right positions and a battler but not the complete midfielder like Joey Barton.

To chose between the two would very very difficult as Barton has his assists and general persona but Nolans Goals. Priceless

It is almost impossible to choose one from Tiote, Barton, and Nolan. All have been vital in different ays.

Surprised Jonas didn't make the list mind CT?

It was close. His cross come shot on Saturday nearly got him in. :D

I think I said back in September that Barton would win player of the season hands down.

There is no doubting the difference in our performances when he plays, however I must say that whilst he is still my favourite player (Your time will come Shane), there are others that are running him close as we come into the last seven games.

My short list

Barton --- Has kept getting better and better this season and is superb out on the right. Great skills, great vision and a desire to win which seems to lift all around him. A proper football brain to match his skill which allows him to pull off the cross field long range passes just as well as the neat one-two's.

Nolan --- As ASM mentioned earlier this year, Nolan somehow doesnt seem to get the credit he deserves. Runs himself ragged for the club as he did again on Saturday even though he was clearly unwell. His goals have been a god send and his genuine influence in the dressing room really seems real. And lets not forget the chicken dance.

Tiote --- Stevie or LM will have to say when a player last arrived and made such an impact in his first year. Still with a bit to learn but what a player.

Colochini should get a mention for a solid season as should Danny Simpson for the way he has improved this term. But it will be one from the above three for me and so far in the order listed.

Tiote all day for me. I think we've had players come in and make even more of an impact, but they were players we expected lots from, like Les, Peter, Shearer, but no one expected anything from Tiote. £3.5m from a dutch team, I was expecting a slightly better Amdy Faye. He's absolutely immense, and I honestly believe he could play for any team in the world. I think with his little passes and amazing pass completion ratio, he'd even be ok in a DMC role for Barcelona.

Would hate to lose any of Barton/Nolan/Colo/Erique but Tiote has been an absolute warrior in the middle of the park, as others have said previously I can't remember when a player in that position has had such an impact on the first team!

Knew coming into the start of the season Nolan would find himself lucky with his goal ratio. Did not expect to see him with more goals than AC though. Saying that, Tiote has been absolutely immense. His pass completion stats are amazing to read.

I did think twice about saying this, but I think Best has to come into the frame. Not necessarily been the choice, but needs to be at least considered.

When Carroll left, he was the only striker to really stand up and take charge. You take away his goals, would we be almost safe or in a dog-fight?

I would vote Barton but Best does deserve a mention.

I did think twice about saying this, but I think Best has to come into the frame. Not necessarily been the choice, but needs to be at least considered.

When Carroll left, he was the only striker to really stand up and take charge. You take away his goals, would we be almost safe or in a dog-fight?

Are you smoking crack? Best is gash, never a premiership striker in a million years.

The five players mentioned are clearly the best at the club and losing any of them from the team is a massive blow but recently I've felt we missed Barton most as our attack becomes extremely one dimentional without him.

Simpsons definitely worth a mention like. He's not close to the others mentioned but I've been really impressed at how well he's upped his game. I think most of us thought he would really struggle but there's not been many occasions (lennons equaliser does stick out as the one) where he's came up short.

Are you smoking crack? Best is gash, never a premiership striker in a million years.

The five players mentioned are clearly the best at the club and losing any of them from the team is a massive blow but recently I've felt we missed Barton most as our attack becomes extremely one dimentional without him.

Simpsons definitely worth a mention like. He's not close to the others mentioned but I've been really impressed at how well he's upped his game. I think most of us thought he would really struggle but there's not been many occasions (lennons equaliser does stick out as the one) where he's came up short.

When you can only remember one mistake off the top of your head then you know that player has had a good season. I could name more Vidic mistakes than Simpsons. Still, I think he has just been solid more than anything.

He had an absolute 10/10 v Arsenal away aswell.

Enrique's been absolutely fantastic all season both going forward and defensively- I guess him being injured the last few weeks & the question of him staying (which came about due to him being so good) has tarred it a little though.

It is almost impossible to choose one from Tiote, Barton, and Nolan. All have been vital in different ays.

Surprised Jonas didn't make the list mind CT?

It was close. His cross come shot on Saturday nearly got him in. :D

You are retard?

When you can only remember one mistake off the top of your head then you know that player has had a good season. I could name more Vidic mistakes than Simpsons. Still, I think he has just been solid more than anything.

He had an absolute 10/10 v Arsenal away aswell.

Yeah I agree but that's a lot better than most thought he would be. For me he's been very little different to what he was last season. Nothing spectacular attacking or defending but just steady away. I expected he would struggle with the increase in quality from the championship a.s he wasn't spectatular but I don't think he has at all.