Is Michael Owen an Agent of Evil?

He's in the papers moaning about Capello not picking him any more today. The fucking neck on the bloke - he doesn't even get a game in the Premiership ffs.

tbf he'll have had more experience than many of warming a Wembley bench.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an odious little cunt.

Professional footballer and still reduced to snide comments like that.

Can't understand the mentality, if I was blessed with ability to play football in front of a crowd for a living then I'd want to do it as often as possible.

All the old pros from the last 50 years who had as much or even more talent and who are living on fuck all or having to talk cobblers to the media to get by will probably fuckin cry if they see that comment.

I've mentioned Gary Imlach's book about his old man's football career before and theres a relevent passage in it when Imlach senior signs for 3rd division Crystal Palace in the early sixties, after world cups and FA cup finals earlier in his career. A local reporter asks him if he feels its a bit of a comedown to sign for lowly Palace and the player doesn't understand the premise of the enquiry: "Stupid bloody question!"...."if you have the oppurtunity to play and the ability to play, then why wouldnt you play?" This from a player who was willing to go on strike a few years earlier to get the maximum wage (£20 a week in the season, less in the summer) abolished, which the likes of Owen have benefited from in an incredible way, the fuckin spoilt bastard.

Edited by PaddockLad

All the old pros from the last 50 years who had as much or even more talent and who are living on fuck all or having to talk cobblers to the media to get by will probably fuckin cry if they see that comment.

I've mentioned Gary Imlach's book about his old man's football career before and theres a relevent passage in it when Imlach senior signs for 3rd division Crystal Palace in the early sixties, after world cups and FA cup finals earlier in his career. A local reporter asks him if he feels its a bit of a comedown to sign for lowly Palace and the player doesn't understand the premise of the enquiry: "Stupid bloody question!"...."if you have the oppurtunity to play and the ability to play, then why wouldnt you play?" This from a player who was willing to go on strike a few years earlier to get the maximum wage (£20 a week in the season, less in the summer) abolished, which the likes of Owen have benefited from in an incredible way, the fuckin spoilt bastard.

Good post. Might have to look that book out.

Good post. Might have to look that book out.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Father-Other-Worki...s/dp/0224072676

I know Leazes got it a while ago, don't know what he thought but if you're in any way a bit of a traditionalist Doc you'll probably enjoy it. One of the best books I've ever read, on any subject.

Completely despicable. So keen to attach himself to the success of others because his career has pretty much been littered with failures.

Completely despicable. So keen to attach himself to the success of others because his career has pretty much been littered with failures.

He's won every club medal available barring the Champions League so not that many failures.

He's won every club medal available barring the Champions League so not that many failures.

On a personal level obviously. I'm sure there's plenty of players out there who are shit who have managed to pick up loads of medals.

Quite surprised by Owen's comments but they've confirmed to me that he really is a grade A c*nt. Made the following points myself on twitter:

@Curu63 @themichaelowen I think he's referring to the Newcastle side he joined the season after they'd finished 4th, 3rd and 5th...and reached the last 16 of the Champions League and semis of the UEFA Cup, for whom he played 58/148 PL games...during which time he pocketed £100k/week and to whom he contributed significantly to their disastrous relegation

Reading that back, it was the best way I could combine things whirring around in my head within three of tweets' word limits at 5am after a heavy night...

Edited by rogerbarton

Would you be able to look at that PL winners medal and say you deserved it if you'd contributed 238 minutes to the cause? That's LESS than 3 games in total

The latter half of his career has been a joke.

He's the type of wanker that would be on ridiculously low wages just so he can be associated with a team that's winning titles.

Guest alex
Would be a fairer comment if he wasn't injured half the time when he was with us.

Aye, since he didn't play for us much but he's barely kicked a ball for them. Hope he crashes his helicopter.