Official Toontastic Prediction Tracker

Happy Face

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of Enrique, Tiote, Colo or Jonas will be sold just as the transfer window shuts, in either this or the January window.

And the "to late to find a replacement" and "an offer to good to turn down" statements will appear in relation to said sale.

:huh:

Just one? ;)

One of Enrique, Tiote, Colo or Jonas will be sold just as the transfer window shuts, in either this or the January window.

And the "to late to find a replacement" and "an offer to good to turn down" statements will appear in relation to said sale.

:huh:

Just one? ;)

There is no doubt more than one will be off in the next 12 months but the last minute "to late to find a replacement" 11:59pm transfer will be one of them.

If Pardew is telling the truth about only two more players being brought in, one of whom is Taylor, then regardless of any departures we will be in a relegation battle.

I disagree, we look in better shape than we did last season imo.

We have lost Nolan and Carroll but gained Ba, Marveaux and Cabaye, also will have Ben Arfa and Gosling who weren't exactly available last season. Don't see how we haven't improved but maybe I just have my 'head in the sand'.

If Taylor comes in and a decent forward, then Enrique leaves and maybe Best, Smith etc then I think we will be stronger as a squad and first 11.

I think the midfield has been nicely improved but I'm gravely concerned about the attack and the defence.

I predict we will sign one £10m+ player in this transfer window.

that is possible, but it leaves 25m quid from Carroll still outstanding, and its before any other sales.

This ones a bit of a no brainer like. But by the end of the transfer window many fans will be in uproar pointing to the £35M asking where it's gone. The club will say nothing but Pardew will likely come out and mention contracts, wages and the undersoil heating at the training ground.

In other words - we wont spend the £35M on players, including wages or not (not taking into account outgoing players as well)

of course this is what they will do - it's what all the selling clubs [by choice], and those that "need to sell to survive" clubs - do.

This a fairly basic concept to understand but it seems that it is still completely beyond some people [not you]

• 4 weeks later...
I'll edit the OP every time I see an outlandish prediction made by someone.

Angry Steve

23/06/11 - Dan Gosling will not play more than 90 mins (total) of competitive football for the first team before Halloween.

Ant

21/06/11 - We wont sign any single player for a double figure transfer fee as long as Ashley is here.

Ayatollah Hermione

04/07/11 - If Sunderland beat us at the SOL this year, I'll get that new awful home top with Ameobi 23 on the back of it.

Chez

07/06/11 - We'll have a better playing staff at the start of next season

Christmas Tree

29/05/11 - Spurs are finished. They are on the way down with no CL money. They'll finish below us next season.

30/05/11 - Barton wont play for us again

04/07/11 - Joey Barton to be Captain Coloccini announced 08/07

04/07/11 - There will be lots of transfer activity this week. Nobody was signed.

:razz:Typically, CT's official predictions on Barton contradicted each other, even before they were proved either way.

CleeToonFan

05/06/11 - We will beat Sunderland twice next season without letting in a single goal

Dr Gloom

29/05/11 - pardew sacked before christmas after a holocaust of a start to the season

Ewerk

04/07/11 - I predict we will sign one £10m+ player in this transfer window.

Fish

29/05/11 - 15th @ Xmas

29/05/11 - 13th @ final day

Gejon

04/06/11 - I will eat my own bollocks if Nolan signs for West Ham this summer Nolan Signed on 16/06

Happy Face

30/05/11 - Pardew won't be sacked this season. Irrespective of performance.

22/06/11 - We won't finish any higher than we did in 10/11 in 11/12

Jamie_Gordon

25/05/11 - BEN ARFA will be number 10 next season He is, not sure when it was announced

JawD

04/07/11 - we wont spend the £35M on players, including wages or not (not taking into account outgoing players as well)

Jusoda Kid

04/07/11 - we'll be lucky to spend ten million of the AC money

LeazesMag

22/06/11 - We won't finish any higher than we did in 10/11 under Mike Ashley

McFaul

21/06/11 - Chelsea will win the league by at least 6 points.

21/06/11 - Newcastle will sign someone like Woodgate but not necessarily him, but over 30 as back up before 1/9/11.

21/06/11 - Argentina will win every game they play in the Copa America in 90 minutes. They won 1 out of 4. Knocked out in the QF.

21/06/11 - We'll have signed 8 players between 31/5/11 and 1/9/11.

21/06/11 - When this window closes Nile Ranger will be at a club within 50 miles of London, possibly someone like Brighton or Watford, and in the near future will fall foul of the law.

21/06/11 - Mackems will beat us at SOS in August.

Papa Lazaru

22/06/11 - We won't be relegated

22/06/11 - We'll have a better home record than last season (more points/more wins)

22/06/11 - We won't win more games away than last season

22/06/11 - At least one of the new singings will be injured pre-season and miss the big kick off (i know this is a no brainer to be fair!)

22/06/11 - Not including Neil Taylor we will sign at least two more players that aren't free

PaulR9

04/06/11 - Nolan has agreed a deal to join West Ham He signed on 16/06

Peasepud

06/06/11 - if we spend over £10m on one player I'll run round the Strawberry naked

06/06/11 - bottom 3 by Christmas

Sammynb

04/07/11 - More than one of Enrique, Tiote, Colo or Jonas will be sold within 12 months.

04/07/11 - At least one resulting in "to late to find a replacement" and "an offer to good to turn down" statements.

StoneColdStephenIreland

04/07/11 - Whoever gets appointed captain at the start of the season (Coloccini) to be sold by September 1st

Tiote's Nutz

30/05/11 - We will spend 20mil plus [in the summer window]

22/06/11 - We'll finish 7th and win the FA Cup

TicTacWoe

03/07/11 - Wenger's last season as Arsenal manager.

Updated. Sorry for letting it slide.

Post in here if I've missed any outlandish claims people are making in other threads...then I'll pick them up.

Just so I'm never accused of lacking self awareness, I've now predicted we'll end up 10th. Contrarytree to my previous prediction.

Just so I'm never accused of lacking self awareness, I've now predicted we'll end up 10th. Contrarytree to my previous prediction.

That'll be all the top signings we've made in June/July. Lifted expectations.

Christmas Tree

30/05/11 - Barton wont play for us again

04/07/11 - Joey Barton to be Captain Coloccini announced 08/07

:razz:Typically, CT's official predictions on Barton contradicted each other, even before they were proved either way.

:lol: :lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

We are going to be relegated, or at the very best finish 17 or 16.

This all has the whiff of Villa's pre-season last year and, far worse, our pre-season to our relegation season.

You get the feeling that the morale at the club is at an all-time-low.

sorry cant help myself god i just want to grab a sledge hammer stick it in ashleys gob metal end first shove it down his throat till it comes outta his arse lol

sorry cant help myself god i just want to grab a sledge hammer stick it in ashleys gob metal end first shove it down his throat till it comes outta his arse lol

DEADMAN ATTACKS!!!!!!

kenny2.jpg