Kevin Nolan signs for West Ham United

PaulR9

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe nolan doesnt fit into the new team plan that was sold to cabaye, pass and move and all that.

we all know how static nolan is and maybe its felt that a forward, rather than a midfielder would be more suited to that advanced role.

giving nolan a place in the team at the expense of a forward, either ben arfa or a new striker would be mad.

we'll miss his leadership but id agree with selling him, especialy if we can get 3m+

SunSteveBrenner Steve Brenner

Nolan is on £40k plus a week. He has two years left, offered another two.Clearly not good enough for him.Weird decision which he'll regret

Brenner seems to be pinning it on Nolan.

maybe nolan doesnt fit into the new team plan that was sold to cabaye, pass and move and all that.

we all know how static nolan is and maybe its felt that a forward, rather than a midfielder would be more suited to that advanced role.

giving nolan a place in the team at the expense of a forward, either ben arfa or a new striker would be mad.

we'll miss his leadership but id agree with selling him, especialy if we can get 3m+

Pretty much how I feel. If we sign two forwards (plus having Ben Arfa) and with Cabaye signing, we need another MF to cover for Tiote when he is banned. You can start to see how Nolan wouldnt fit in.

A few IF's there like but I dont feel it's the end of the world some do.

It is the leadership that would concern me more than missing him on the field.

Perhaps Nolan asked for a contract that he knew he wouldn't get because he's had enough of the FCB and his sidekick. Simple as that and not difficult to understand. Same for Barton and Enrique.

Nolan is on £40k plus a week. He has two years left, offered another two.Clearly not good enough for him.Weird decision which he'll regret

Maybe he likes to feel like a big player and seen his options becoming limited with us but would be a major player for them?

Maybe he likes to feel like a big player and seen his options becoming limited with us but would be a major player for them?

Yeh good point but it looks to have certainly stirred Barton!

I don't think he would have replicated the season just gone next year but selling him for pittance is crazy.

No need to worry, gentlemen. This is all part of the Mike Ashley Five-Year Plan For Greatness. We can challenge for the top half every season! :lol:

ah, thats right. The much heralded "plan" that was said to guarantee success only a few short years ago, when we were qualifying for europe despite not having one.

One year of this "plan" to go.

Or does this 5 year "plan" start on September 1st 2011 ?

Alledgedly 3yr deal with option for a 4th at £50K a week

It's not about the money though.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

That's a shock. You two being all for it.

So a bloke that gets 18 goals two seasons ago in the 2nd division, gets 12 last year in the PL and a player who was one of, if not the best captains I've seen in my lifetime at the club is sold. A player with 2 years still on his contract who absolutely did not need to be sold, regardless of any unwillingness to give him another contract, he was here and he plays/ed a massive part in the new work ethic to our players. There's no other way of looking at this without shaking your head. He didn't have to be sold. Absolutely pathetic decision, in fact, the best I could possibly say if I was one of the fucking jokers who, rain or shine, blow smoke out of the regimes arse no matter what, is that it's a gamble that could pay off. It's a totally unnecessary gamble but there you go. Being a supporter though I just look at an influential player being sold when he shouldn't have been. Pathetic decision.

Fuck me you lot are depressing :lol:

:lol: We signed a French international who took his place in the starting 11 too.

Agree with Brenner ahbout him regretting it, think Gold and Sullivan are total mugs and there is no way on earth West Ham will find life easy in the championship. I wish Nolan all the luck in the world but it sounds like he has moved to get a pay rise this coming season. If they dont come straight back up, its a fucking awful move.

Thats our goal threat completely gone in the last 2 transfer windows with no sign of replacements yet.

Some people on here don't realise how much a goalscoring midfielder worth.

stop being so negative or CT, Gloomy and Toonpack will put you on ignore.

Pretty much how I feel. If we sign two forwards (plus having Ben Arfa) and with Cabaye signing, we need another MF to cover for Tiote when he is banned. You can start to see how Nolan wouldnt fit in.

aye, a lot will depend on who else we bring in. if it's part of a plan to get more mobile, pacey players in, it kind of makes sense. if 3-4 better players come in and we don't loase enrique and barton, then things won't look that bad. i don't expect the board to have planned this out in any way though. as things stand, our team has little to no goal threat next season. i don't have the exact numbers to hand but i reckon nolan and carroll probably scored the majority of our goals last season. they both need replacing sharpish.

Alledgedly 3yr deal with option for a 4th at £50K a week

It's not about the money though.

If he wasn't gonna be happy with what was offered and wanted 5 yr deal, which would have been mental to offer, then its best he goes now while there's a decent value in him. Don't get me wrong, I would rather he signed a 2 year deal and stayed but sadly he didn't. Joining West Ham shows a lack of ambition on his part tho plus as another poster said will be Tiote and Cabaye as first choice cm next season

That's a shock. You two being all for it.

So a bloke that gets 18 goals two seasons ago in the 2nd division, gets 12 last year in the PL and a player who was one of, if not the best captains I've seen in my lifetime at the club is sold. A player with 2 years still on his contract who absolutely did not need to be sold, regardless of any unwillingness to give him another contract, he was here and he plays/ed a massive part in the new work ethic to our players. There's no other way of looking at this without shaking your head. He didn't have to be sold. Absolutely pathetic decision, in fact, the best I could possibly say if I was one of the fucking jokers who, rain or shine, blow smoke out of the regimes arse no matter what, is that it's a gamble that could pay off. It's a totally unnecessary gamble but there you go. Being a supporter though I just look at an influential player being sold when he shouldn't have been. Pathetic decision.

I agree I would rather he was still around (although its looking likely he wouldnt be in the starting 11), but re him not having to be sold, if it frees up that 40 or 50 grand a week for a new first teamer then it makes sense. Sadly.

aye, a lot will depend on who else we bring in. if it's part of a plan to get more mobile, pacey players in, it kind of makes sense. if 3-4 better players come in and we don't loase enrique and barton, then things won't look that bad. i don't expect the board to have planned this out in any way though. as things stand, our team has little to no goal threat next season. i don't have the exact numbers to hand but i reckon nolan and carroll probably scored the majority of our goals last season. they both need replacing sharpish.

I wish you would stop your moaning when you have what you were wanting a while ago.

Totally agree. I know it sounds like I'm supporting the move, I'm not really. Im puzzled why we'd sell him now and not next year if he still has 2 years left. but, we can't judge until the window closes and we can see what we have. As it stands, we have fuck all. Most influential player now gone and best forward gone. But, I'll remain calm until I see who we bring in.

:lol:We signed a French international who took his place in the starting 11 too.

Agree with Brenner ahbout him regretting it, think Gold and Sullivan are total mugs and there is no way on earth West Ham will find life easy in the championship. I wish Nolan all the luck in the world but it sounds like he has moved to get a pay rise this coming season. If they dont come straight back up, its a fucking awful move.

Ah! But Nolan might not have played as much because we've got Cabaye. Well lets just hope that Cabaye can lead his team, can get 12 PL goals, can adapt to the PL like a duck to water, will never get suspended, homesick, be mis-quoted in the French press or get any injuries. Some fucking hope there, then!

According to twitter there is an overseas player at St James today having talks.

Still seems to me that the club are attacking this window rather than doing nowt.

Cabaye on board, tried but failed with Gervinho and by the sounds of it all sorts going on.

Still 70 odd days to go. :lol:

:lol: We signed a French international who took his place in the starting 11 too.

Ah! But Nolan might not have played as much because we've got Cabaye. Well lets just hope that Cabaye can lead his team, can get 12 PL goals, can adapt to the PL like a duck to water, will never get suspended, homesick, be mis-quoted in the French press or get any injuries. Some fucking hope there, then!

Ah! But Nolan only scored 2 once Carroll was sold and dropped back into a more midfield role earlier in the season. Also where we assume you would have played next season. Nolan didnt play ever game either by the way and Shola will be the new captain so nothing to fear ;)

from what I gather, Nolan was offered an extended contract which he wanted to negotiate a longer contract, the club not only refused but withdrew the initial offer (as they did with Barton) and told he can leave.

Can’t see how people can believe the spin that he’s leaving because of greed. He’s got a contract for 2 years and needs to secure his future and NUFC have told him he doesn’t have one with them.