Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same here. I wasn't taking much of it in to be honest. Kids vs Kids & it looked like it, the game had no real pace. I would've like us to win the group so that we were seeded but as J69 pointed out looking at the other groups it mightn't have been worth the bother. Pardew clearly wasn't risking players he didn't have to - he was expecting to - and should have - won the group against Maritimo.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else notice that Anita had to convince him to go and celebrate in the corner after the goal?

Yeah I did. I'm not a big fan of his (on and off the pitch)

Wouldn't miss him if he left.

Before Marveaux was even on the pitch we were creative enough to make an even better chance for Cisse and he couldn't finish. Similarly Marveaux failed to take his chance when put clean through later.

Shola did 99% of the work for that goal in finding the space, selling the defender and placing it in the far corner.

Thought Marveaux was thinking about a shot but got closed down by 3 defenders...which helped make the space and gave the extra second.

Criminal how little we've used him.

Half the time he's been on the pitch he's not shown much though. Attacking he may be, but if he's not showing enough then I can understand why he's not been used much. He's been used more now out of neccessity too, although he should have started ahead of Perch yesterday.

Edited by Monroe Transfer

Half the time he's been on the pitch he's not shown much though. Attacking he may be, but if he's not showing enough then I can understand why he's not been used much. He's been used more now out of neccessity too, although he should have started ahead of Perch yesterday.

He is the only creative midfielder we have available and now has two assists from very limited appearances. There is no way Jonas or Perch should be starting ahead of him.

Of course now Pardew will throw him in for two of the toughest away games of the season and no doubt use him as the scapegoat if we get stuffed. ;)

He is the only creative midfielder we have available and now has two assists from very limited appearances. There is no way Jonas or Perch should be starting ahead of him.

Of course now Pardew will throw him in for two of the toughest away games of the season and no doubt use him as the scapegoat if we get stuffed. ;)

Yeah we should just play all the attacking players and sack off the defensive shit!

YAY!

Zaza

what utter senile man dribble ... this is like last year when more than half the board thought ben arfa was incompetent shit just because pardew held him back...

Edited by Aeris

A year ago I said Ben Arfa was poor when he played poor, which was 70% of the time.

That's down to 10% now.

Perhaps there's something to this management malarkey that involves the management of character? That requires effort is rewarded in balance with natural ability.

Look at what the story has been about QPR since the game finished. Too many talented players coasting and the hard-working pros at the club putting them to shame.