Sylvain Marveaux

Matty

I thinks it's one of those days where the strikers and attacking midfielders can turn to the defence and say "fucks going on with you lot"! :lol:

Defensively the midfield was just as bad. Most of their goals came down our right and they didn't have to work for them.

• Replies 951
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The midfield gave up at the end like. The subs were made at 4-3(?) and suddenly wee Shane had 3 players to mark in the build up to the 5th goal. Where the fuck was his cover? Obertan gave the ball away for another and just stood there.

Thought that was the best performance from him in the Premier League but he sort of summed up the midfield / team in general, i.e. good going forward, invisible in defence and had hoyed the towel in by the end. I appreciate defending isn't his strong point like.

Nah but it can seriously destroy any shape a team has - especially against a well rested - pacey team like Arsenal.

Marv looked pretty good and got results but I wouldn't have him in the same team as Ben Arfa - nor would he get ahead of Ben Arfa.

Aye. :lol:

We'd never see another player like him. I'm sure Kestbaia has attended ALL of his immense goals.

I caught Everton away & Bolton at home. Two very different but equally amazing goals.

Aye. :lol:

We'd never see another player like him. I'm sure Kestbaia has attended ALL of his immense goals.

I caught Everton away & Bolton at home. Two very different but equally amazing goals.

remind me of the Everton goal please.........

mental blank

• 2 months later...

Flattering to deceive to much at the moment for me this lad.

Has lovely technical ability yet he doesn't impose himself anywhere near enough as he should.

Destined to be another Routledge/Obertan imo

Where was Jonas tonight btw?

He was rested, they thought he may have a hard time on their surface.

I think he could work on the left if he was allowed to drift infield more in home games like this. Although for me you would have to play Haidara too so you had somebody overlapping on the left or we would lack balance.

That spot bang in front of goal, taking his time and picking out the right ball is where he should play when he's on the pitch.

Wasted on the wings and doesn't like getting back or getting stuck in.

It's a very tough juggle to play him in that position, but that's where he's deadly and that's where we need someone who can play that way.

Calmness personified for me in that area.