What made you sign up to Toontastic

Christmas Tree

I came for the free drugs and the gold carriage clock.

Can't remember, I think I was on the previous board for a while. I tried Newcastle Online, but it was pubescent and tiresome. The banter was much better here.

What year did you undergo your Saatchi corporate re-branding from 'alanshearerisgod'?

Not me boss, I was Geordie Fish before taking a Sean Parker-esque decision to drop the "Geordie" and just keep it as "The Fish".

Fucking hell, I just remembered who that poster was as well. One of Catmag's mates. :icon_lol: I think you must have had the same ava at one point for me to confuse the two of you-that and the fact I remember you changing your name.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember, I think I was on the previous board for a while. I tried Newcastle Online, but it was pubescent and tiresome. The banter was much better here.

What year did you undergo your Saatchi corporate re-branding from 'alanshearerisgod'?

Not me boss, I was Geordie Fish before taking a Sean Parker-esque decision to drop the "Geordie" and just keep it as "The Fish".

:icon_lol:

Was that yee :icon_lol: how stupid of me. How could I not make that connection.

I always presumed it was some lonely old man.

Fucking hell, I just remembered who that poster was as well. One of Catmag's mates. :icon_lol: I think you must have had the same ava at one point for me to confuse the two of you-that and the fact I remember you changing your name.

In fact it was. It was your alan shearer ava which you seemed to have for years combined with the name change.

In fact it was. It was your alan shearer ava which you seemed to have for years combined with the name change.

Never realised I made that much of an impact...

you creepy stalking bastard.

B)

Was that yee :icon_lol: how stupid of me. How could I not make that connection.

I always presumed it was some lonely old man.

It is :icon_lol:

I was on the Soccer 24-7 forum, then the Newcastle sub-forum mods upped sticks and made their own dedicated forum. Must have been 2003-ish.

Edited by Matt

Well. I used to post on the old newsgroups before there was any real NUFC forums around. The first place I started posting was called Soccer24-7 which had a sub forum for the main premiership teams. Phillip Craig ran both the newsgroup and I think was mod for the 24-7 forum. Anyway, he set up the original TT and I followed him here. so this was my first NUFC only forum. This grew and eventually Phil "meglomaniac" Craig B) was part of the idea to merge a few NUFC forums into one larger forum that would become Newcastle-Online. I like everyone went over to NO but it was apparent early on that the merger wasn't as clear cut as the different sets of posters had very different styles/tolerances/views etc. The main thing that was missing was the craic from TT. Pud and a few others broke back off from NO and brought this place back to life. Then there was even less on NO for me and eventually I stopped posting there all together and found my way back here.

Now I'm just locked away like an old piece of furniture that you dont want to hoy away in case it's ever worth owt.

AND!

This was my first ever avatar here, fuck knows why:

cow.gif

Aw I loved that avatar, bring him back!!! ;)

I used to post on the old Toon Chat now and again, then on HowaytheToon, then got an invite to here off someone Scottish :icon_lol: Sorry I forget if it was Glasgow Mag or Scottish Mag :blush: In fact they could be the very same person :icon_lol:

has Kevin EVER had a LOL in the history of the board?

Let's see if we can give him one for his birthday, eh?

A what?

LOL

I was on the Soccer 24-7 forum, then the Newcastle sub-forum mods upped sticks and made their own dedicated forum. Must have been 2003-ish.

Were you "Matt" on there? As previous that was my first forum as well. Canny craic. then we all came here with Phil.

Were you "Matt" on there? As previous that was my first forum as well. Canny craic. then we all came here with Phil.

Aye, twas me.

Was k-o'd from the outside world for a couple of months at the end of the year with kidney stones and operations. Needed to be keeping up with the football news and had a gander round the net.

This place seemed to be the one with the most activity (and character) with the least retard quota. Lurked for a few weeks, then signed up and continued to lurk :icon_lol:

Posted on the NUFC forum on Teamtalk.com for about a year and then it became shitter than shit so looked for somewhere new. NUFC.COM had a banner linking the old 'linuxdriven' site run by Phil (and JawD who assisted) and that was that...

Joined up late January 2003 as I remember having a debate on Teamtalk with the Leeds fans about Woodgate signing for us and then discussing it on here soon afterwards. Think that board lasted another 18 months before it crashed and burned and in the summer of 2004, Gol set up the temp board that was linked on here earlier and got me to help him run it. About 3-4 months later N-O was born and everyone joined up and that was that (or so we thought).

Must be about 6 years ago almost to the day when Gol told me Ritchie, Pud & Jimbo wanted to make their own forum and break from N-O, he was helping out and asked me to get involved. Said no for a long time but eventually buckled. The rest is history.

I'd also like to add - the cockshot Smooth Operator sent me via PM, really made me think that Toontastic was the place for me.

I remember when you sent me a link to a video of a slutty Geordie lass, you pervert.

(Haven't still got it have you? :icon_lol: )

Back in 2006, I finally got cable TV and had a chance to watch Newcastle games on a weekly basis (it seems that more games are televised here in Australia than in the UK). Obviously, when you get a chance to watch the game weekly you soon get a better grasp of players etc. Therefore my understanding of NUFC (which I'd been a follower of since the late 90s but could only few from afar) grew exponentially.

But here in Perth, there's bugger all other people to talk to about my NUFC love ... so I took to the web.

After lurking for a while at various places, this is the board that took my fancy.

Fun banter and piss taking, plus it's a smaller crowd than at Newcastle Online (which I prefer, as you get to know individual personalities better).

The reason I follow NUFC is that my family lived in Newcastle from 1977 to 1982, and I wanted to follow a team that I had some sort of connection with.

Can't wait for the chance to visit Newcastle Upon Tyne and St James'.

Planing a visit to Europe in late 2012, with a week or so in the UK. Want to go to a home game and then meander my way to an away game (or vice versa).

Can't fucking wait!

Edited by dbsweeney

I'd also like to add - the cockshot Smooth Operator sent me via PM, really made me think that Toontastic was the place for me.

I remember when you sent me a link to a video of a slutty Geordie lass, you pervert.

(Haven't still got it have you? :icon_lol: )

I must of downloaded it because the other day I was going through some folders and

whey! :icon_lol: