Mehdi Abeid - On Loan at St Johnstone

McFaul

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nico Papa vassalooo

Scammed either a greek passport or cypriot (cannot remember which way round) to get a work permit when he finished football he had to do his national service even though he was not from that country (I think)

Mehdi, Steady, Go!

By Dan King - Newcastle United Club Reporter

Before his debut at Nottingham Forest, Mehdi Abeid hoped to play for 90 minutes - but the French teenager was not counting on playing for 120 minutes!

But the summer signing from Lens put in an excellent performance as United went into the fourth round of the Carling Cup after extra time at the City Ground.

He passed the ball well, tackled impressively and never stopped running, showing just why Reserve Team Coach Peter Beardsley rates him so highly.

And after a memorable evening for him, the 19-year-old midfielder spoke to nufc.co.uk.

"I'm really happy to have played today," Abeid said. "It was a really, really good game.

"I was very happy to be in the squad and even moresoto play.

"It was a unique moment. I was really in a dream and I enjoyed the game.

"Before the game I was a little bit nervous because it was my first game with any first-team and my first game for Newcastle.

"But it was a good game, It was difficult because I was injured and I only came back to training on Saturday, so it was difficult in the last moments of the match.

"I have some cramp but I feel okay. I will recover and drink lots of water so I feel better for the weekend.

"I thought I did well and I can beeven better in the future I hope."

The midfielder also had a message for the fans who roared United on to their last gasp victory in the Midlands.

"I just want to say I enjoyed playing today and I hope they like my game."Abeid said."I know I can be better in the weeks to come and I hope I can be a very good signing for the fans this season.

"The fans are really special. I like the Newcastle fans. To have more than 2,000 here was really good and they shout so loud!"

I love this lad, really think we have a gem on our hands here. Hope he can become a regular like. Deano-time:

Simpson Colo Saylor Santon

----------- Tiote

Abeid Cabaye Marveaux

------- Ben arfa

----------Ba/(Best)

Edited by Saltwater

• 2 weeks later...
Wasn't zidane from Algerian dissent? And the kid is only 18 playing for the u23s, played well for the first team when called upon can't complain really.

Aye. Zidane was Algerian / Marseille though. I think this lad's from Paris.

Wasn't zidane from Algerian dissent? And the kid is only 18 playing for the u23s, played well for the first team when called upon can't complain really.

Aye. Zidane was Algerian / Marseille though. I think this lad's from Paris.

If he does get a game and a goal, look out for Ryder calling him the 'New Zidane.' Sadly, I wish I was joking.

• 3 months later...

Can I be the first to say that this kid is awesome and AP is a fool for picking others ahead of him. He may as well ask for a transfer for all the playing time he will get etc.etc.

what are you on about man, hes the next shane ferguson!

Can I be the first to say that this kid is awesome and AP is a fool for picking others ahead of him. He may as well ask for a transfer for all the playing time he will get etc.etc.

AP thinks very highly of him and has just let him stand in for Tiote. What bigger compliment is there?

• 8 months later...

Sky Sports understands that a host of Championship clubs are ready to battle to sign Newcastle United midfielder Mehdi Abeid.

The 20-year-old Algerian midfielder joined Newcastle last summer, when they beat a number of clubs to snap him up from Lens.

He made his senior debut last season, starting games in both the FA Cup and League Cup for Alan Pardew's men.

But Abeid is now set to be sent on loan to gain league experience and a host of Championship clubs are keen.

Birmingham and Charlton are believed to be amongst those interested in snapping him up on loan.