British or English?

Rhys1879SAFC

Most definitely English. I don't care that my Dad was Welsh and Grandad Irish, my country of birth is England therefore I'm English. I really hate that when you fill forms out you don't get England/English as an option you have to choose UK or GB :(

Edited by Toonraider

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most definitely English. I don't care that my Dad was Welsh and Grandad Irish, my country of birth is England therefore I'm English. I really hate that when you fill forms out you don't get England/English as an option you have to choose UK or GB :(

Especially when Scottish comes up as an option like!

Dont you find the more southern people live the more English they feel?

I am British when you are abroad and people ask where you are from I usually say the UK, then Yorkshire :()

I'd just say from the North if I was from Yorkshire.

I live in Yorkshire now I am not from here.

Never refer to myself as British.

Have for a long time viewed the other British countries as completely independent and I don't support non-English British sportspeople or anything like that.

Not a big deal to me either way. I take pride in certain elements of England but I'm far from its biggest fan.

Andy Murray is Scottish btw.

60% British

I feel pretty British. I was born in England to English parents but I lived in Scotland for most of my life. I think when I'm in Scotland I'm seen as English and vice versa. Abroad I can be what I want to be, but Scottish generally gets a better response. In sport I'd always cheer for England but I want Scotland to do well, just not quite as well as England otherwise I'd never hear the end of it.

I'd categorise myself like this: Geordie, English, British, European, Western, Homo Sapians.

English first and foremost.

FYP

'I'm the cruiser, you're the loser ....... '

Homo-Sapien from the latin 'Wise Man', turns out I'm not.

I don't hate London like, and I promise this is not a generalisation, people from London think they are better than people from the North, even the skint dense ones. They look down their nose at us something rotten. That said they can be funny cunts.

i hate all that grim up north crap.

mind, they're not wrong when it comes to the weather.

Most definitely English. I don't care that my Dad was Welsh and Grandad Irish, my country of birth is England therefore I'm English. I really hate that when you fill forms out you don't get England/English as an option you have to choose UK or GB :rolleyes:

Dont you find the more southern people live the more English they feel?

;) definitely. I said that to someone the other day actually. Like someone said earlier, they feel more Northumbrian than English. Generally people I've met from Northern England don't seem so bothered, I'm not really sure why though :lol:

If asked tend to say English but I don't mind being referred to as British. Don't see how or why anyone can really, and the sensitivity of some people over this baffles me tbh.

Same here.

If asked tend to say English but I don't mind being referred to as British. Don't see how or why anyone can really, and the sensitivity of some people over this baffles me tbh.

It baffles me as to why it does bother me so much :lol::rolleyes: But it does, every time I'm filling out a form and there's no English as an option I get wound up ;) I mean if you're Italian or German or whatever you get to tick your country why can't I??