Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

Guest CabayeAye

It's not one remark though is it, you're permanently a miserable bellend and it's hardly venomous to point that out.

In his defence, Karl Pilkington is perma-miserable, but he's very entertaining to listen to.

• 3 weeks later...

Having watched every one of his NUFC goals earlier, that finish above is the most Shola-esque finish of the lot.

It's something weird about shola.

There are 2 players at Newcastle I'm not surprised to see come out of a gaggle of opposition with the ball; Shola and the Hatem Bomb. The latter because, well he's just the best dribbler in the league by a country mile, the former because he's Shola.

The ball seems to feel pity for him and those gangly legs of his.

The 2nd goal I think it is on the Shola compliation, there's a fairly handy tap in, but he takes about 2 touches too many and still manages to score with a deflection. Awkward bastard. I've grown accustomed to his face.

The goal in the 5-1 is absurd, beautiful finish.

Edited by Barney

Having watched every one of his NUFC goals earlier, that finish above is the most Shola-esque finish of the lot.

The best Shola finish was that one where he kind of falls over and slices it into the top right corner when aiming bottom left. Cracks me up.

The 2nd goal I think it is on the Shola compliation, there's a fairly handy tap in, but he takes about 2 touches too many and still manages to score with a deflection. Awkward bastard. I've grown accustomed to his face.

The goal in the 5-1 is absurd, beautiful finish.

His goal against Chelsea from the edge of the box at the Gallowgate, that was a poor man's copy of Shearer's in the same game, sheer class. Can't for the life of me think which year it was. 2000 maybe?

I can't remember one going in off Shearer's shin or similar. I'm sure there must be, I just can't bring them to mind. Shola on the other hand, half his goals seem to be bouncing in of any body part that isn't his foot.

Shouldn't have never got anywhere near the first team. The fact he did nicely charts our downfall.

Seems a good pro and loves the club but the two things are different. Very average footballer whose good days were few.

eh? he was getting games in the first team when we were playing in the champions league

I can't remember one going in off Shearer's shin or similar. I'm sure there must be, I just can't bring them to mind. Shola on the other hand, half his goals seem to be bouncing in of any body part that isn't his foot.

i dunno. i just watched that video back. there's some good finishes in there with right foot, left foot and head.

eh? he was getting games in the first team when we were playing in the champions league

He'd have a few England caps from around then if it wasnt for injury...the only competition was Darius Vassel. When he and Lualua scored in Leverkusen we thought we seen the future :) .............. we turned out to be wrong though :( If you see that goal I can be seen in the footage of the crowd celebrating :thumbup:

Happy birthday Shola, you don't have to be great to be loved ;)

He'd have a few England caps from around then if it wasnt for injury...the only competition was Darius Vassel. When he and Lualua scored in Leverkusen we thought we seen the future :) .............. we turned out to be wrong though :( If you see that goal I can be seen in the footage of the crowd celebrating :thumbup:

Happy birthday Shola, you don't have to be great to be loved ;)

if he hadn't had to play second fiddle to the likes of shearer, owen, martins over the years, or more importantly, if he'd managed to stay fitter, who knows what he could have done. poor shola, even when we were relegated and he started the season in the championship scoring goals as our senior striker, he gets himself injured again.

they'll always be those who just write him off as shite but i've seen him put in class performances on his day. i've got a soft spot for him. shame he never pushed on. i see him as a player that never fulfilled his potential rather than one that just isn't good enough though like some.

Tickets for this lads testimonial will be like gold dust. Especially after he nets a hat-trick the next time we play the mackems.

Would love it if he managed that before he retired, but I think maintaining his good record against them would keep him smiling. My heart says 4-1, Shola to put one on a plate for Demba to make it 3-1 and then round the game off with a penalty in the 87th minute

Would love it if he managed that before he retired, but I think maintaining his good record against them would keep him smiling. My heart says 4-1, Shola to put one on a plate for Demba to make it 3-1 and then round the game off with a penalty in the 87th minute

:lol: We'd have to retire the 23 shirt if he banged in 3 against them.

It's the 2 games a season he should start tbh, he fucking hates them. A sherla pen in the 94th minute to win it would be utter class.

Best thing of all with Shola is he cost us f**k all and, apart from appearances against the Mackems, he's generally pretty gash!!

They'll go on about Steven Fletcher and how he'll 'score when he wants!' but how much will he cost them per goal against us in comparison?

218099_342286949197033_1535213106_n.jpg

Best thing of all with Shola is he cost us f**k all and, apart from appearances against the Mackems, he's generally pretty gash!!

They'll go on about Steven Fletcher and how he'll 'score when he wants!' but how much will he cost them per goal against us in comparison?

218099_342286949197033_1535213106_n.jpg

He's not like. He's average, but he's not Gash.

Tell the Mackems you think he's gash and they fume even more.... :lol:

Fair point. :lol:

He suffers the same as Simpson does.

He's not brilliant so he's shit. Well, no, he's average and most times average is good enough, sometimes it's not.