Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

I'm not entering this ridiculous discussion, but I would be interested to hear when you were here and the specifics of your experiences with racism (where, when and context). :)

It's not something that I encounter at all.

Well you are, by asking that question.

Where did I see racism? The taxi to my mates in Sydney, the bar we were in, the club we went to, the restaurant the following day, the taxi from Perth to Fremantle, the bars there, etc.

Does that help? Or are they "isolated" incidents?

Also "British can't speak about racism" is daft; our position is much, much better than much of the planet.

How far out is Fremantle?

It's about 30km from the City Centre. Perth is an odd place to visit if coming from the UK (specifically Fremantle even more so). That's with my east coast bias as I've never been. Sydney and Melbourne are the most progressive cities in Australia. They're geographically massive and home to huge diverse cultural populations so different parts will have distinctly individual feels to them. It also means that there's good cuisine spanning a vast number of international cuisines as well as local Australian offering usually with hints of international inspiration.

/touristguide

It's about 30km from the City Centre. Perth is an odd place to visit if coming from the UK (specifically Fremantle even more so). That's with my east coast bias as I've never been. Sydney and Melbourne are the most progressive cities in Australia. They're geographically massive and home to huge diverse cultural populations so different parts will have distinctly individual feels to them. It also means that there's good cuisine spanning a vast number of international cuisines as well as local Australian offering usually with hints of international inspiration.

/touristguide

My sister lived there.

I'd rather have Leazes on than this boring cunt. Can we just ban him (again, for the 500th time) now? I really don't want to sit through the next 3 months of every thread being taken over with his tiresome shit.

Also "British can't speak about racism" is daft; our position is much, much better than much of the planet.

Get off your high horse man. It is pathetic. :lol:

We have anti-racism laws as well. And I support them. Actually I would support anything anti-racism.

The fact is though what you boast about is anectdotal. People won't just conform because it is law. The fact is people are better educated about the subject in your country as they are mine and they are given a choice as opposed to other countries. At the end of the day it is a choice to make by the individual to make. Law does not eradicate the problem.

Get off your high horse man. It is pathetic. :lol:

We have anti-racism laws as well. And I support them. Actually I would support anything anti-racism.

The fact is though what you boast about is anectdotal. People won't just conform because it is law. The fact is people are better educated about the subject in your country as they are mine and they are given a choice as opposed to other countries. At the end of the day it is a choice to make by the individual to make. Law does not eradicate the problem.

... What?

I never once mentioned anti-racism laws, I just said I've experienced a lot of racism in Australia. I also said that Britain is much less racist than many countries so we can speak about the racism in other countries.

Your final sentence backs up my argument by the way.

also, the replies in here back up my assertion that you lot are just Scousers with real tans.

... What?

I never once mentioned anti-racism laws, I just said I've experienced a lot of racism in Australia. I also said that Britain is much less racist than many countries so we can speak about the racism in other countries.

Your final sentence backs up my argument by the way.

also, the replies in here back up my assertion that you lot are just Scousers with real tans.

Is that where you are not going? MUch less racist than other countries... hmmm. well done. Doesn't take away from the fact your country is filled with bigots does it? This is your only attempt to belittle Australia. It is pathetic. Look at your own backyard.

Many are. Nothing to be ashamed about. It is just a fact. What is your population? 50 mill give or take? Fair chance there are some bigots and racists in that little pool.

Is that where you are not going? MUch less racist than other countries... hmmm. well done. Doesn't take away from the fact your country is filled with bigots does it? This is your only attempt to belittle Australia. It is pathetic. Look at your own backyard.

:lol:

Where I'm going? My first post in this conversation was to say Australians were like Scousers, in that you are offended by everything and ashamed by nothing. And your responses thus far have backed that up.

J69 said that his experiences of Australia are not of the cultural melting pot you describe, but of a culture rooted about 30yrs in the past. Your response was "Yeah but whatabout".

Also when I said that Britain has a much better stance on racism than a lot of countries you dismiss it as if that's not something to be proud of, despite admitting that racism and bigotry are bad. It's just weird Ken, shouldn't Brits be proud that we're not stuck in the 80s?

Now you're saying that because there are some racists and bigots in Britain we can't say anything about racism? Grow up man. :lol:

What bigotry do you speak of?

Apparently half a million people voted for the BNP in the 2010 election. That's the ones who could be bothered to vote.