Shola Ameobi

LeazesMag

That's pretty wise, did an aboriginal Australian teach you that?

No, they didn't, because they're dead, dying or drinking themselves into an early grave.

That's pretty wise, did an aboriginal Australian teach you that?

No, they didn't, because they're dead, dying or drinking themselves into an early grave.

Not me, although I only have 1/8th Aboriginal haven't drunk myself to death yet. But yes I agree with you about the quality of aboriginal care. It's a disgrace!

Not me, although I only have 1/8th Aboriginal haven't drunk myself to death yet. But yes I agree with you about the quality of aboriginal care. It's a disgrace!

Which bit, you fiend !!! :o

I think J69's point was not that Australia isn't sunny and nice, just that it's attitudes are about 30yrs out of date.

The major surprise I experienced when I was over there was the overt racism, that and the vehement defence of all things Australian. The latter reminds me of scousers; that refusal to hear a bad word said about their home.

Well I have to admit it has changed a lot, for the worse really. They are certainly more Americanised than they used to be. Anything American is the bees knees as far as a lot of Aussies are concerned, not all of them mind, thankfully. Flavour of the month at the moment seems to be the Muslims, especially the Lebanese. It'll probably be the Chinese next.

A good mate of mine loves in bondi beach with all the ex pats, loves it because it's full of English and there aren't too many Aussies kicking about.

Tbf, hunter valley wine is v nice. The less said about the Aussie people the better.

It's great that we can openly prejudiced about Australians in today's PC world. Can't think of many other groups of people it applies to, other than the welsh and scots. And the darkies

I always got him and the bloke from Home and Away mixed up - the other bloke being Alf Simpson. "Flamin' bloody yahoos!"

Alf Stewart ya flamin' galah!

The major surprise I experienced when I was over there was the overt racism, that and the vehement defence of all things Australian. The latter reminds me of scousers; that refusal to hear a bad word said about their home.

I'm not entering this ridiculous discussion, but I would be interested to hear when you were here and the specifics of your experiences with racism (where, when and context). :)

It's not something that I encounter at all.

I'm not entering this ridiculous discussion, but I would be interested to hear when you were here and the specifics of your experiences with racism (where, when and context). :)

It's not something that I encounter at all.

I was in Perth WA a few years ago and everybody called Abotiginals Bungs and referred to cow bars on 4x4s as Bung bars.

Anyone thinking the uk is in a position to criticise another nation on racism is leading a pretty sheltered life iyam. I hear racial slurs every week at work. One individual was referring to England's opponents in last weeks friendly as "spear chuckers" I quickly corrected him of course, stating that as Ecuador is in South America they're much more likely to use some sort of breath propelled projectile as a weapon and should be more properly stereotyped as "blow darting coke snorters" :good:

Anyone thinking the uk is in a position to criticise another nation on racism is leading a pretty sheltered life iyam. I hear racial slurs every week at work. One individual was referring to England's opponents in last weeks friendly as "spear chuckers" I quickly corrected him of course, stating that as Ecuador is in South America they're much more likely to use some sort of breath propelled projectile as a weapon and should be more properly stereotyped as "blow darting coke snorters" :good:

Aye. Or picking Aussies up on their treatment of indigenous people. :blush:

I was in Perth WA a few years ago and everybody called Abotiginals Bungs and referred to cow bars on 4x4s as Bung bars.

I think you've got the spelling wrong there. 'Cow bars' are Bull Bars over here. I've not been to Perth before, but it sounds as though you were a little out of town if the conversation was regarding both Aboriginals and bull bars in any capacity.

This isn't excusing anything, but the thinking in more rural areas is more stereotypically ignorant with absolutely no adherence to political correctness. I would imagine this is not a cultural phenomenon limited to Australia.

Jealousy is quite a curse it would seem. As is getting on a soap box made of paper mache. Anyway, I don't want to say too much more as I don't want to be misconstrued as being arrogant.

That's what 30+ sunblock is for. Dopey Pommy bastards that came over here to watch the Ashes series should have known better about that as well. ;)

I think you've got the spelling wrong there. 'Cow bars' are Bull Bars over here. I've not been to Perth before, but it sounds as though you were a little out of town if the conversation was regarding both Aboriginals and bull bars in any capacity.

This isn't excusing anything, but the thinking in more rural areas is more stereotypically ignorant with absolutely no adherence to political correctness. I would imagine this is not a cultural phenomenon limited to Australia.

How far out is Fremantle?