Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

Whenever I saw Lille last year they played 433 with Cabaye and Balmont playing the role of central midfield, just a little higher on the pitch than their dm whos name i cant recall. Really doubt he is gonna get pushed far up with the amount of wingers we have.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krul

Simpson Williamson Coloccini Taylor

Barton Tiote Cabaye

Obertan Ba Jonas

See us going with 3 CM's so we can feel ourself into the game and match Arsenals CM's and not let them control the game as much and then when the game gets on or if we go behind then the midfield start to open up a bit more

It may also be interesting to compare our current 11 with an 11 made up of players Ashley has sold.

Who would win?

Given

Beye Rozehnal Bassong Enrique

Milner Nolan Parker N'Zogbia

Carroll Martins

It may also be interesting to compare our current 11 with an 11 made up of players Ashley has sold.

Who would win?

Given

Beye Rozehnal Bassong Enrique

Milner Nolan Parker N'Zogbia

Carroll Martins

Just looking at that depresses me.

Out of interest, why are people selecting Cabaye off the front man? He's a central midfielder. Makes no sense at all.

He played behind two strikers at Lille in a 442 diamond.

Its an option at least.

Except that Pardew and cabaye have both said he's sitting infront of the defence in the DM as a deep lying playmaker for us? ala Pirlos position

Have they fuck.

What AP said is he CAN play in that role if needed, which, will be needed when Tiote gets suspended.

Cabaye will NOT sit deep when Tiote is in the middle with him. We would get fuckin mullered in midfield if he did. Pinned.

Out of interest, why are people selecting Cabaye off the front man? He's a central midfielder. Makes no sense at all.

He played behind two strikers at Lille in a 442 diamond.

Its an option at least.

Except that Pardew and cabaye have both said he's sitting infront of the defence in the DM as a deep lying playmaker for us? ala Pirlos position

Have they fuck.

What AP said is he CAN play in that role if needed, which, will be needed when Tiote gets suspended.

Cabaye will NOT sit deep when Tiote is in the middle with him. We would get fuckin mullered in midfield if he did. Pinned.

he didn't, but i can't be arsed debating it your tedious enough as it is.

You bottling it like you pathetic irish mongoloid?

Your wrong.

sorry I was mid-editing my post ya little spacker feel free to scroll up and then go find the interview

Wierd when cabaye specifically said it "manager has asked me" being the words used with "make the others play" along with "in front of the defense" and deep lying

i'd take the abuse seriously if it wasn't for the fact even team positive think you're a joke on here :lol:

So come on then marra....how exactly am i a joke?

Yes i like to stay on the positive side of things. That doesnt mean i dont see and understand all of the other shit thats went on. I too hate FMA and want him out sooner rather than later. Joke because im positive?

Yes i am in support of Pardew, i think he is a good manager with potential given the right backing. So far he has brought in decent players on a limited budget. I see NO blame at his door for the departures. Joke for that reason?

Yes i express my opinion against the doom mongers and negative knobs on here. I cant stand the mentality of moaning and always jumpin on anything negative.

Finally i post formations because i am interested in how we will line up as apposed to how i'd like us to line up.

If i am a joke for being positive and having MY OWN opinion on the club i love....what does that make you?

There are alot of sad middle aged fuckers on here who have got nothing better to do than pick arguments and have digs at people with opposing views.

In all honesty though, im here because i love the toon, i enjoy a few peoples banta on here and to get latest info. Its getting a little like the school playground...forums dying a death.

Your the joke fella.

Edited by Deano

If/When we have our first team fit it will be a 4-2-3-1

Cabaye is naturally a deep lying playmaker, and will probably be his best position here

You are probably right about our 1st choice formation being 4-2-3-1 but that doesnt mean Cabaye will be sitting deep just because he will have 4 players more advanced.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---New LB

Cabaye---Tiote

Jonas------Ben Arfa------Marveaux

New Striker

I say this because i'd imagine that formation will be with the ball, without it will be a 4-5-1 with the wingers dropping back a little. There is no way Cabaye will sit as deep as Tiote...that would only pile pressure on ourselves.

First game of the season, a late kick-off, people drinking all day, this should mean the atmosphere's good. Can't see any reason why we can't beat them.

Hopefully Barton plays as well, if he plays, he'll be playing with a point to prove, which can only be a good thing.

Guest Your Name Here

Pardew sees himself as a sophisticated forward thinking foreign manager - trapped inside the body of a bullshitting cockney numptie. Expect lots of 'clever' formations and pointless go-nowhere ball retention this season.

Good time to play Arsenal but Wenger has far more upstairs than Pardew and won’t be beaten at his own game.

Pardew sees himself as a sophisticated forward thinking foreign manager - trapped inside the body of a bullshitting cockney numptie. Expect lots of 'clever' formations and pointless go-nowhere ball retention this season.

Good time to play Arsenal but Wenger has far more upstairs than Pardew and won’t be beaten at his own game.

:lol: That's class.

Also known as doing a Redknapp

I reckon he will go 4-3-3 with wingers dropping back to make a 4-5-1. Hoping Ba starts but can see him playing Shola instead. Obertan and Jonas on the flanks with Barton/Tiote/Cabaye in the middle would be my choice but be surprused if Barton gets the nod, maybe he will play Gosling instead. Got a feeling we will win this, even with the LB situation

Going by quite a few accounts, Gervinho has looked good in his pre-season hit-outs for them, with the consensus being they've picked up someone ideally suited to the physical nature of the prem. Going by his showing at the WC, he looked very strong on the ball, and he can ride a bump in a one-on-one. A bloody shame that Ashley/Dekka weren't impressed with his attitude when he asked 'how much would i be earning?' during that ill-fated sit-down.

Looking forward to seeing how Chamberlain progresses as well.

According to Mirror Football:

Team (from): Krul, Harper, Forster, Simpson, R. Taylor, Perch, Coloccini, S. Taylor, Williamson, Tiote, Cabaye, Gutierrez, Barton, Marveaux, Gosling, Ba, Shola Ameobi, Lovenkrands, Best, Vuckic.

I guess its the group for today. No Obertan and Abeid.

Simpson or Jonas as LB probably ?

I see "Krul - Simpson Taylor Colo Jonas - Barton Tiote Cabaye (or Best FW) - Marveaux Lovenkrands - Ba