Newcastle v Arsenal Sat 13th August Kick Off 5.30pm

Christmas Tree

Hold on, can we come back to the OP? I thought you were getting a season ticket? you were all for it before the transfer window opened, going on about Team Positive and all that, then we buy "some quality" in your words and youve not got one?

Too expensive. :mellow:

The wifes finished maternity and Im full time Dad so its only the evenings, but mainly weekends I can get out. Chucking all those Saturday double shifts is just too expensive.

Is a fair enough answer, although dont take the missus and daughter and you'll find that theres few games these days on a Saturday afternoon and you'll be quids in.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah the ones up top are all sold out. I'm thinking Sir John Hall stand, L4V, will be my best bet

No going on the pitch mind :mellow:

Edit... Then again you've got nowt to lose :dunno:

Edited by Christmas Tree

Excellently! Really enjoyed my time up there. Got to Bamburgh, Vindolanda, and Beemish, in addition to the Darlington game. Definitely need to go up again, and its looking like I will be on August 13th!

• 2 weeks later...

Based on nothing but a hunch and blind optimisim, I think we'll win 3-2. A lot hinges on tomorrows chat between Dekka and Joey, if that goes well, things will look a lot different, Obertan signing today, and maybe one more in this week, who knows.

Arsenal aren't old Arsenal, their two best players don't see a long term future there, they've look really jaded in pre-season (couldnt even beat a yank team at home!), despite the doom and gloom I just feel it would be typical Newcastle to do something when no one expects it. Looking forward to my seeing my new home as well at the back of the Leazes.

0-4 humiliation. Arsenal always seem to start a season off well and I think we'll be ripe for a hammering. Its got all the ingredients for a bad day, I'm afraid.

They beat the blue dippers 0-6 opening day a few years ago, SJP is a different proposition than Goodison though especially for a 530 kick off sunny opening day.

2-1 for me as well. Cabaye and Shola.

I dont think the meeting has fuck all to do with the result Stevie...Bartons heads gone.

---Krul---

Simpson---Taylor---Coloccini---Enrique

Jonas---Cabaye---Gosling---Marveaux

Shola---Ba

Subs: Forster, Williamson, R.Taylor, Tavernier, Obertan, Vuckic and Best.

:D

We have a very very strong chance of winning this. So far they are likely to be without nasri, fabregas and Walcott. And doubtfuls are wilshire, koscielny, Gibbs, Vermaelen, Diaby and van persie. If the footballing gods are kind to us, they are going to have a second string team out.

So based on that, I reckon a 2-1 or 2-0 to us.