Modibo Maiga

DragonFilet

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Near this summer to join Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Sylvain Marveaux and Obertan in Newcastle, Modibo Maïga, the striker Malian of the FC Sochaux, could be finally tranféré at Magpies at the time of the winter mercato, next January. According to our information, the negotiations between the two clubs almost led. According to a source close to the English club, they could even find a conclusion happy d' here weekend. The 24 year old player, under contract in Doubs jusqu' in June 2014, s' would engage with l' current 4th of First League for one duration four seasons and half.

Only just saw this. :lol:

French striker for apparently begging to be allowed to negotiate with newcastle:

http://inbedwithmaradona.com/video/2011/8/...dibo-maiga.html

http://www.nufcblog.com/2011/08/15/souchau...join-newcastle/

Apparently he's on strike as a result of this link with us.

oh dear

• 2 weeks later...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7307223/Maiga-waiting-on-move

Sochaux striker Modibo Maiga has confirmed that he is hoping to finalise his move to Newcastle as soon as possible.

The Magpies first made a move to sign Maiga in the summer, but Sochaux fought off their interest.

The French club were unhappy at the time, as Maiga himself also acted with anger after seeing the move fail to materialise.

But Sochaux have since held talks with Newcastle and a deal is widely understood to have been struck.

Maiga refused to confirm the deal was finalised but admitted he was hoping it would soon be done.

When asked about the move to Newcastle, the Mali international told Footafrica365: "I do not know, we'll see.

"Next what is clear is that all players dream of playing for a club like that and I hope it will happen, either this winter or in the summer

"There are no more problems with Sochaux, everything is back to normal."

Sounds promising but I have this feeling the deal won't get done.

Just because it's NUFC.

Usually would be very sceptical over this signing, but with Graham Carr's strike rate at the minute Im quite looking forward to him if he gets given time by the fans!

Cabaye, Tiote, Marveux didnt get me excited until they got on the pitch and showed what they can do, hopefully he will be the same.

• 4 weeks later...