Sunderland 0 Newcastle United 1

snakehips

theyve made constant bellends of themselves, I can understand the rose tinted specs for your own club and against the rivals but some of the comments are embarassing, its like they live in a total other world

• Replies 776
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well bit of a match report from the way I saw it. I thought we might have been a bit lucky to win, but Sunderland were very lucky to not end up with 7 outfield players on the pitch, and had we got that penalty it could easily have become another 5-1. Cattermole shoulda got at least 3 yellows the way I saw it, and Larsson obviously shoulda walked. Cant believe how shit Webb was throughout too, every throw in went their way, and I think they handballed like 4 times which he ignored, basically gave them every 50-50 and then some. I thought he was gonna let Bardsley get away but at least he redeemed himself slightly at the end.

Krul - Outstanding for me, safe, tall, quick and a better keeper than Harper, get him a 6-year contract now.

Raylor - Did as well as he could, he got his favourite free-kick position right outside the penalty area and smacked it in. He should be the kicker in american football. Lets hope the regime wont go "RAYLOR IS OUR NEW LB SIGNING".

Colo/Saylor - Had good games, might've wanted them to win a few more 50-50s but solid all the same.

Simpson - Solid enough I guess, he is a very average footballer though.

Jonas - :D MOTM for me, you can see his value when hes next to a shit LB. Jose made it easy for him. He just runs and wins the ball from end-to-end the entire 90 minutes, basically played left back and winger, and did cause them problems the few times he got up on the Sunderland half.

Cabaye/Tiote - Good performances all in all, shaky starts. I hope Tiote has just had a shitty pre-season and can get back up to scratch, he was more like his old self towards the end.

Barton - Gets stuck in and does his job, shoulda scored/got Larsson sent off if it wasnt for corrupt Howie.

Shola/Obertan - Obertan seems to have some ability, but he needs to learn how to read the game and be more aggressive. Time and again Shola would win headers that were there for him to get on and he was nowhere near, Gosling got on one from being on the pitch for 5 mins. Shola began well, but lost his derby-temper eventually and in the end only had a good match for his standards, some would have expected some more mackem-destruction from him :D

Pardew - I think the subs were ok, Gosling did well. Woulda liked to see Ba or Marveaux on for Shola at the end though. He seemed to change some things at half time that worked. Obertan was much more effective and ran alot more in the second.

All in all 3 points well fought for, it was nice to see the team enjoy the win that much, and Cabaye seems to have his derby temper on already, the frenchies seem to gel already. :rolleyes::boogie:

Howay Fish - he's not going to say Taylor's piss poor after just scoring the winner for us in the derby match.

No, but listening to Pardoo gave me the impression that here was the excuse if we don't sign a left-back.

Lets say we do get the new left back in whoever that may be. Is there an argument for Raylor getting ahead of Simpson? I prefer Simpson even though he's very unspectacular but Raylor does score the odd blinder/takes good free kicks.

I agree about jonas having a class game. He spent so much time deep in his own half helping out Taylor defend but still looked dangerous when he was able to carry the ball forward. We still looked way more threatening down the left flank than the right even after the departure of Enrique.

Shame Taylor isn't much of a footballer because he's got a sweet right peg. Best taker of a dead ball at the club by a country mile.

Barton didn't do much today. In fact, i thought most of the midfield were poor apart from jonas. Shola and obertan both chasing shadows for most of the game. At least obertan looks to have a bit of pace about him.

I thought Caybaye was much better today and Barton and Tiote both got stuck in well but we played the long ball too often and bypassed them. A left back who can attack would help solve that problem but Raylor is understandably sitting back and concentrating on defence.

Fwiw, i thought Connor whickham looked a total donkey in his brief cameo.

Yes. Had a couple of horrific touches, and gave away the ball every time it came to him. Tbf though he was playing on the wing.

Lets say we do get the new left back in whoever that may be. Is there an argument for Raylor getting ahead of Simpson? I prefer Simpson even though he's very unspectacular but Raylor does score the odd blinder/takes good free kicks.

I think so....Simpson has looked fairly poor in the 1st two games, nothing horific but offers fuck all really.

I'd have Raylor at RB just for his delivery from deep and on dead balls.

I think so....Simpson has looked fairly poor in the 1st two games, nothing horific but offers fuck all really.

I'd have Raylor at RB just for his delivery from deep and on dead balls.

not for me, Raylor has so little pace and can't handle any trickery, hes better as a right mid and hes not getting in our first team there, Barton and Cabaye can both hit a good freekick, can't include players in our first 11 purely for that, they need to bring more.

Don't be fooled into thinking Ryan Taylor is anything other than a liability. Just because he scored, doesn't mean he had a good game. He continually plays little passes to get himself out of trouble but immediately puts a team mate in the shit. He's an accident waiting to happen.

Good laugh on RTG, asking questions like:

They just don't seem capable of comprehensively beating them and I can't work out why. This is obviously why I'm not a football manager.

Is it the small-time mentality? I used to think it was, but those players out there know they are better than them ...they just can't do it?

I have no answers.

Shall i help the mackems out. One of the reason is because they are so bitter, sad and obsessed with us that their lives revolve around it and funilly enough, their players kind of pick up on the whole shit or bust feeling for the game, lose and its the devestation for the obsessed pricks and so under that pressure they shit themselves and we turn them over. Whereas with us, our players understand its our biggest game and we want to see some fight and aggression, and you'd better be up for it and compete, but that's it, we aren't defined by a hatred and obsession with another club like they are, and we never will be and they know it!

Edited by Papa Lazaru

They did have a good 20 minutes in the first half however they should have been a man down & a goal down after 10.

Shocking decision from Webb because we would have destroyed them if they had to play 80 minutes with 10 men.

They got away with some pretty nasty tackles and Cattermole & Larrson should have walked.

Sunderland's remarkable luck came into play again today but justice was done & we got the result.