Blackburn Rovers vs Newcastle United

2bias

First game I went to Blackburn at home.

One's each. Shearer and cole with the goals.

KBJ ;) Shearer was unbelievably happy when he scored that goal, I couldn't celebrate like that in front of the toon fans, I'd hold my hands up to apologise and trudge dejectedly back to the half way line.

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the obvious bad memory of them was that little twat Fenton fucked us over but I wasn't there. I remember it was a bank holiday Monday and we were out down Whitley. Completely fucked up a cracking day on the piss.

Actually being down there, my only memory is of Saha scoring (his only goal for us?) in a win.

Well the obvious bad memory of them was that little twat Fenton fucked us over but I wasn't there. I remember it was a bank holiday Monday and we were out down Whitley. Completely fucked up a cracking day on the piss.

Actually being down there, my only memory is of Saha scoring
(his only goal for us?
) in a win.

Scored a header against Coventry in the league too.

Anyone got any Blackburn memories? Most of mine are badun like. The first one we lost 3-1 David Speedie got a hattrick, Keegans first away game as manager, we played mint as well and led till we were cheated. Second time was the year after in the FA Cup QF fuckin 0-0 last minute, and Wegerle scored, was in tears cunts. I remember some bloke climbed on the roof open roof poles and was 50 foot above the toon fans fuck knows how he didn't kill himself, and the last time I was there Owen scored his first goal for the toon, I love going to Blackburn though, it's like a glimpse of what England was like in the 1920's, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

Remember that. Despite the result though it showed we'd 'arrived' as a team and were a match for anyone.

I thought that when we beat Boro 3-1 at Ayresome earlier in the season. Was a near miss that Blackburn game though, because we would've had Sheff Wed who weren't that good in the next round and they got to the final.

Actually it would've been Sheffield Utd in the quarters (who weren't very good either), then Sheff Wed (ditto) in the semis - remember the all Sheffield / North London semis at Wembley that year? In fact, Arsenal weren't that great either at the time.

And DK, I'd forgotten about that game somehow, I think the trauma must have put it into the dark recesses of my memory. Cheers for reminding me though ;)

that was my fault, no safety wink

I was pointing out (however poorly) that the idea that "we'll manage just fine" without Tiote since he hasn't stood out quite as much when his replacements are from Gosling, Guthrie and Smith is ridiculous and people are seemingly forgetting how poor the others are compared to our first choices

and as it stands yes I think you're right wyki, while hes suffered a slight downturn in form compared to last season the real reason hes not stood out as much is because we have others who have upped their game and a better all round midfielder alongside him in Cabaye too

Good job I read on past your first post before commenting as I was going to have a right go at you :icon_lol: . Anyone who thinks we won't miss him wants their head examining. Guthries a championship player, Smith's not even that and Gosling has a long way to go before he can be remotely considered as a replacement!

I actually think baring the first couple of games Tiote's been fine. He was awsome against Villa in particular. But like you say Caybaye next to him as oppose to Nolan being barely noticable for most of the time in games and the likes of Jonas upping their games has meant that he hasn't stood out as being clearly our best player any more. Which can only be a good thing for the team.

First game I went to Blackburn at home.

One's each. Shearer and cole with the goals.

KBJ ;) Shearer was unbelievably happy when he scored that goal, I couldn't celebrate like that in front of the toon fans, I'd hold my hands up to apologise and trudge dejectedly back to the half way line.

I actually wrote "KBJ TBH" at the end of the post then deleted it thinking there was no point. Clearly there was though.

I'm shit at remembering anything about any games, even from last season, let alone games from 18 years back. Not even sure if it was Shearer's or Cole's that was tapped in right near the post? Can't remember owt about the other goal.

Anyone got any Blackburn memories? Most of mine are badun like. The first one we lost 3-1 David Speedie got a hattrick, Keegans first away game as manager, we played mint as well and led till we were cheated. Second time was the year after in the FA Cup QF fuckin 0-0 last minute, and Wegerle scored, was in tears cunts. I remember some bloke climbed on the roof open roof poles and was 50 foot above the toon fans fuck knows how he didn't kill himself, and the last time I was there Owen scored his first goal for the toon, I love going to Blackburn though, it's like a glimpse of what England was like in the 1920's, and that's not entirely a bad thing.

Remember that. Despite the result though it showed we'd 'arrived' as a team and were a match for anyone.

I thought that when we beat Boro 3-1 at Ayresome earlier in the season. Was a near miss that Blackburn game though, because we would've had Sheff Wed who weren't that good in the next round and they got to the final.

Actually it would've been Sheffield Utd in the quarters (who weren't very good either), then Sheff Wed (ditto) in the semis - remember the all Sheffield / North London semis at Wembley that year? In fact, Arsenal weren't that great either at the time.

And DK, I'd forgotten about that game somehow, I think the trauma must have put it into the dark recesses of my memory. Cheers for reminding me though ;)

Well if I'm still suffering there's no reason you shouldn't too :razz:

I actually wrote "KBJ TBH" at the end of the post then deleted it thinking there was no point. Clearly there was though.

Thinking back, the only other games i remember being at that year were Wimbledon and Sheffield Utd, both of which we won four nowt. Sure i went to more, but I don't even remember any of the goals from those either, more memory of Wise/Fashanu getting incredible abuse.

I was more of a RBJ in all honesty.

Only got to a few games each season until I left Uni and could afford a season ticket in 2001.

Aye that's right Waddle's free kick owa the wall. I watched that with the first pint I ever had in a pub 15 years old. Alan Cork scored too and had the worst beard anyones ever seen.

Thinking back, the only other games i remember being at that year were Wimbledon and Sheffield Utd, both of which we won four nowt. Sure i went to more, but I don't even remember any of the goals from those either, more memory of Wise/Fashanu getting incredible abuse.

I was more of a RBJ in all honesty.

Only got to a few games each season until I left Uni and could afford a season ticket in 2001.

That Wimbledon game he fell oot with Cole and Clarkie, and they both had one of their best games for the toon that day.

It's radge I remember things about games 20 years ago better than two. For instance I can't even remember the scores against Scunthorpe, Peterborough and Blackpool in the CCC but I was there.

that was my fault, no safety wink

I was pointing out (however poorly) that the idea that "we'll manage just fine" without Tiote since he hasn't stood out quite as much when his replacements are from Gosling, Guthrie and Smith is ridiculous and people are seemingly forgetting how poor the others are compared to our first choices

and as it stands yes I think you're right wyki, while hes suffered a slight downturn in form compared to last season the real reason hes not stood out as much is because we have others who have upped their game and a better all round midfielder alongside him in Cabaye too

He isn't just taking a back seat to other players who are starting to shine, his retention of the ball is noticeably bad. As in worst player in the team bad. is habit of turning back on himself, especially in his own 3rd, will be punished by good teams.

Sticking Gosling or Abeid in for him for 1 game isn't going to make or break us.

Much stronger than expected. In fact maybe we could have rested Cabaye for instance. Kind of wish Abeid played ahead of Guthrie but Guthrie's got a lot more experence to be fair to him.

Why is Ranger on the bench but not Kadar? I wish a journo would ask Pardew about Kadar. I'd love to know whether he has a future or not. Is really not that good? is Perch really better than him? Has he done something wrong?

Most of all - does Kadar have a chance?

edit; in fact there are no defensive subs at all. Surely we could do without 2 strikers on the bench if we're only playing 1 up front anyway?

edit 2; also where in the name of Christmas Tree is Shane Ferguson?

Edited by Tecato