Wolves (a) 1st October

LeazesMag

Charlie Nicholas is absolutely beside himself about the fact that the linesman wore a cap. :lol: Seems convinced it affected his ability to see or something. He's taken to referring to it as "this cap issue".

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlie Nicholas is absolutely beside himself about the fact that the linesman wore a cap. :lol: Seems convinced it affected his ability to see or something. He's taken to referring to it as "this cap issue".

this cap issue :lol: that hes created entirely himself and that will have no mention by anyone else in football

Pardoo was at his absolute worst, Lovenkrands on for Ba when he had Sammy & Benny in the wings.

Raylor was awful so why didn't Pardoo give our new defender a run out.

Lovenkrands deserved some minutes after his 2 goals against Forest. Can understand him not wanting to risk Ben Arfa getting injured when we're 2-0 up.

Don't agree with your second line there, if we're 2-0 up again there's no point risking Santon. Defensive subs are only for extreme cases if you ask me (injuries or truly awful performances).

2-0 clearly isnt enough though is it.. way too close for me, this one.

this cap issue :lol: that hes created entirely himself and that will have no mention by anyone else in football

:icon_lol: Soccer Saturday, a show made purely for people to take the piss out of the punditry. They even admit themselves how shite they all are.

Reminded me of our performance against west-brom last year when we brought on Smith. Our bench was pretty much an array of unused subs who are perfect for coming on against a side who are vulnerable on the counter.

Pardew probably thought he "owed" Løvenkrands some pitch time cos he got 2 against a championship side in the league cup (nodding in a close range header from a perfect cross, and scoring a penalty the goalie got a hand to). At the end of the day he was always going to be a "pacy" over the hill striker who would try to beat the offside trap for a 3rd and most probably fail.

Guthrie was just getting some fresh legs on, which intentionally is fair enough. Still dont think this made our game much better.

ur in the 89th minute, you have tired legs out there and Wolves are putting us to the sword. Surely this would be the time to make any sub to give whoever comes on the order to run around the pitch like an animal, or even just so the team can take a breath. Instead we are letting an exhausted Leon Best walk away from offside from a clearance in the 92nd.

If Pardew had acted positively with his subs and given us some fresh legs with creativity (Ben Arfa, Marveaux, Sammy), or just some fresh legs in defense (Santon), I think our second half could have been easier. Hopefully he will see what he did wrong today and not be as complacent the next time we are up a few against a mediocre side.

That said, Pardew deserves alot of credit for how fluid our team seems to be. We were comfortably better in the first half, just like we were against Villa and Blackburn, and our strike pairing seems to enjoy playing with eachother. We are only going to get better in my opinion. And its comforting to see us be the better side for the 3rd time in a row, regardless of whether we are away or home. I remember that one move in the 2nd half when Gutierrez was in a lot of space, Tiote played it to Raylor who one-touch passed it perfectly and suddenly we were dangerous. Both those passes were perfect, hard, accurate and the sort of thing u see when the team is enjoying playing their game as a unit. Both Ba and Best move the ball on quickly, letting our midfield create, when Shola is on he very often lets the opposition get their defence in position because he's so slow. Hopefully we can keep the likes of him and Løvenkrands away from the pitch completely in the future.

Best had his best game this season for me. He was very, very good. And im not a fan of his at all. Krul was amazing, I always find it funny the amount of abuse he gets from the opposition fans for his majestic time wasting. :lol:

Jonas obviously was also very good offensively today, he often is when he gets to play against slow and shit sides.

If we can keep our players fit I think our team is better than it was last year, and we can have an outside shot at 7th.

Delighted to get 3 points - Wolves away is a horrible fixture for anyone tbh.

Always difficult to win away so credit to the lads for sticking out a result. Wolves were very unlucky with the disallowed goal but that's the way it goes sometimes. But hey, they have Karl Henry playing for them so that makes me feel better about that.

Impressive first half where we played some good football, crap second half where we disappeared for large parts of it but a win will do very nicely!

I think Pardew's subs were bad, when BA went off we needed somebody to help relive the pressure and that wasn't Lovenkrands who offered little, either Ben Arfa/Marveaux to try and keep the ball or Ameobi to run at them and provide an outlet was required,

We got lucky with the pen and the goal, but after the way they played last time and the way they often play tough shit, they had it coming, though strangely today they were soft as shite for most of it and didnt get stuck in at all!

Over the moon with the result, and both of our goals were special, but we let them back into the game with poor subs and tactics, and Pardew will want to think about how to keep that from happening in future.

Sammy would've been a much better choice than the totally finished Lovenkrands, for example, and Guthrie should just not be playing unless we're down to the bare bones. Tiote was back to his best except for pissing about on the edge of the box as he did when Colo was down.

Obviously, atrocious refereeing and Wolves can honestly feel hard done by there.

Obertan is useless and should've been off for Marveaux or HBA by 60 minutes. Krul was 'incredible' again.

It did make him up like a terminally ill child who told the Make a Wish foundation he wanted to run the line at a Premier League football match.

Impressive first half where we played some good football, crap second half where we disappeared for large parts of it but a win will do very nicely!

I think Pardew's subs were bad, when BA went off we needed somebody to help relive the pressure and that wasn't Lovenkrands who offered little, either Ben Arfa/Marveaux to try and keep the ball or Ameobi to run at them and provide an outlet was required,

We got lucky with the pen and the goal, but after the way they played last time and the way they often play tough shit, they had it coming, though strangely today they were soft as shite for most of it and didnt get stuck in at all!

This is the second time Pards has stood by and watched our midfield getting totally butchered.

The sub for Ba was practically suicide. Under pressure you bring players on who will get ball contact and amongst it, not someone who will be up the end of the pitch we didn't manage to get the ball into for a good 20 min.

V lucky. Really should have got spanked for a tactical and mental washout in the 2nd half.

They had a perfectly good pen denied and a good goal chalked off and but for thier forwards being inept and Krul stopping 2 certain goals the scoreline

could have easily read 5-2 and we would have deserved no more for that abject 2nd half.

Ba is looking clinical atm and his parthership with Best works well.

Caabye dissapeared again as against Qpr when the cosh was on though.

Delighted with 3 away points, geddin. Didn't see the game but sounds like a draw would have been fair. Ha ha, up yours MickMack!

Interesting that neither Santon nor Barfa came on from the bench. Also that Elliott was sub keeper ahead of Harper who presumably is now fit. Assume they're making it clear he won't get a game and should leave in Jan.

Delighted with 3 away points, geddin. Didn't see the game but sounds like a draw would have been fair. Ha ha, up yours MickMack!

Interesting that neither Santon nor Barfa came on from the bench. Also that Elliott was sub keeper ahead of Harper who presumably is now fit. Assume they're making it clear he won't get a game and should leave in Jan.

Toys out of pram, "am not travelling half the length of the country to sit on the bench" I believe was the quote.

Tango-keeper can fuck off, Krull just might become one of the REALLY good one's, he's not far away now tbh and he's about 5/7 years from his peak (if we can keep him that long, cue "first good offer etc etc etc").

Great result.

Pardew said in the post-match interview, paraphrasing, "We've got 15 points (from 7 games) and you don't get that without being a good side". And he's right, I'm starting to think that despite the easy start, Pardoo deserves some credit for getting the results against teams we would have been beaten by in the past. Normally we don't go away to relegation candidate sides and get the points, normally we don't play poorly and win. I might take some stick for this but Pardoo seems to know what he is doing.

Our performances are rarely perfect but we get results and thats what matters. Ba and Cabaye look like brilliant brilliant signings, Marveaux looks promising, Abeid and Santon seem promising, Obertan is shit but lets ignore that.

I don't think I'm getting carried away by suggesting we could very conceivably finish 7th/8th. Aside from the teams with CL hopes there aren't any teams that I would class as being any better than we are. Especially with us getting the points from the sides that we can consider worse than us theres no reason we can't finish ahead of the likes of Everton, Stoke, etc.

to me elliot isnt a good keeper why we wasted on him i do not know when a striker was more important. as for krul he has come on leaps and bounds id keep him on our first team as for harper hum well if hes sold hes sold

Great result.

Pardew said in the post-match interview, paraphrasing, "We've got 15 points (from 7 games) and you don't get that without being a good side". And he's right, I'm starting to think that despite the easy start, Pardoo deserves some credit for getting the results against teams we would have been beaten by in the past. Normally we don't go away to relegation candidate sides and get the points, normally we don't play poorly and win. I might take some stick for this but Pardoo seems to know what he is doing.

Our performances are rarely perfect but we get results and thats what matters. Ba and Cabaye look like brilliant brilliant signings, Marveaux looks promising, Abeid and Santon seem promising, Obertan is shit but lets ignore that.

I don't think I'm getting carried away by suggesting we could very conceivably finish 7th/8th. Aside from the teams with CL hopes there aren't any teams that I would class as being any better than we are. Especially with us getting the points from the sides that we can consider worse than us theres no reason we can't finish ahead of the likes of Everton, Stoke, etc.

Overjoyed we're picking up points against fellow strugglers, but that's exactly what they all are, and we've ridden our luck to pick up those points.

I find pardoo's approach after going 2 up very worrying. Bringing on the 2 slowest, worst players on our bench (i assume for their 'experience') was daft when there's players available who could have compounded the misery for wolves.

He Invited pressure onto a defense who have performed excellent so far this season, but in all hontesty have not come up against anyone with any killer instinct and as a result are flattered by conceding so few.