Manchester United v Newcastle United

McFaul

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back. Was down there yesterday and had tickets in one of the lounges, so sat with their lot in the comfy seats.

They're still unbelievably bitter about Shearer, thats one thing. I as saying to a few "just let it go man, fuck sake". They still have a huge dislike for us and it stems from when we were fighting at the top under KK along with the whole Shearer thing. As a club, they are on a different planet to us, but by fuck they have no class.

As to the game, I thought the first half was pretty even. I was disappointed at HBA running up to Rooney when the come together of him and Colo was little or nothing. All HBA managed to do was get himself booked and give their fans and players a lift. Still, decent first half.

Second half went a bit mental. For one, I know all thats being said about the pen, but very little seems to be said about the free kick that lead to their opener. At the time I didnt think it a foul not that I could see like. But even on Motd I thought it was very soft. There were numerous small fouls that we should have had our way and didnt and then the penalty which even at the time I said wasnt. Shocking decision like but that was the game all the way through. Bad decisions on both sides. I said to the lad I was with I thought we would lose a player. Had too many on a yellow in what was becoming a heated game. Of those on a yellow I thought HBA would be the one to go and was surprised, but had little issue with the card for Jonas.

But down to ten men with 10m to go, I said its gonna be tough letting ManU come at you for that long and I fully expected them to win it then. I cant believe how well we kept them out. Fantastic though nervy to watch.

Best part of the whole game was kept for the end though. When they got the "winner" there was a lass behind us who really shoved it in our face. She shoved us and ruffled hair laughing etc while those around her laughed. tell you what, when we realised it wasnt given. I hadnt even seen the flag or knew why at that point. Well we were killing ourselves. We done the same thing back to the lass and were pissing ourselves laughing. Those around us didnt seem to see the funny side apart from, to be fair, the lasses lad who took it in good humour.

Most of the fans around us started the usual "dirty cheating Geordies" and "we always get a shit ref", stunning really all things considered. But turned into a cracking game.

They really are a horrible bunch of arrogant pricks by and large whenever you encounter them, no idea why anybody likes them, absolutely no class at all in defeat or victory, whenever things go wrong they blame anyone else and when it goes well they gloat and rub it in over people. And the bitterness over Shearer sums them up perfectly, he dared to turn down the almighty entity that is manu and they still can't take it, good to know that it really narks them as anything that makes them unhappy is fine by me.

I think hes genuinely struggling to sort out his Centre midfield too, its where he seems to have struggled to sign quality players the most in his time, especially recently

given the size of the club and money he has to spend he should have had it wrapped up a few years ago

I think hes genuinely struggling to sort out his Centre midfield too, its where he seems to have struggled to sign quality players the most in his time, especially recently

given the size of the club and money he has to spend he should have had it wrapped up a few years ago

That Champs League final basically destroyed Carrick. Not that Carrick was very good to start with (in a Roy Keane sense), but he could do a job against most teams in the Prem. Delighted he's gone to shit anyway.

aye dont reckon the twins are up to much at all, how fabio avoided a booking yesterday is beyond me, loads of fouls.

looking at their centre mid, anderson, carrick, cleverly and fletcher

not the level of players for a team supposedly to be one of the best in europe

cleverly has potential and fletcher is alright but should be 3rd choice in a team at that level

Guest CabayeAye

If it wasn't for the Sheik, we'd be title contenders the way Chelsea and Man U are now!

I really wouldn't be surprised if Spurs push up to third or even second, although they might just be a flash in the pan as well.

If it wasn't for the Sheik, we'd be title contenders the way Chelsea and Man U are now!

I really wouldn't be surprised if Spurs push up to third or even second, although they might just be a flash in the pan as well.

eh..... no we wouldn't! I'm delighted at how well we're doing but we're nowhere near being a top 4 team nevermind anything else at the moment. 6th or 7th is the absolute best we can hope for in the near future.

Guest CabayeAye

eh..... no we wouldn't! I'm delighted at how well we're doing but we're nowhere near being a top 4 team nevermind anything else at the moment. 6th or 7th is the absolute best we can hope for in the near future.

Personally I think we'll finish 7th, but I think the gap between 1st and 2nd will be bigger than between 2nd and 7th.

Obertan.gif

nice, thats his confidence starting to come back, I think playing with Ben Arfa will help that actually

he felt like he had a point to prove yesterday and had a good solid game, hope he keeps it up

“Everyone, including the referee, was astounded. He was put in a terrible position. Why can’t the referee overrule it when he is only eight yards away?” Ferguson said. “The problem is that the referees are full-time and the linesmen are not, and whether he ever gets a game again, the assistant referee, is not for me to decide but it was an absolutely shocking decision. It costs you. Two years ago when the linesman gave the offside goal against Chelsea it cost us the league, so hopefully we’re not saying that at the end of May.”

what a pathetic excuse

"that one decision a season that goes against us has cost us the league more than once"

pillock

number of man u fans Ive seen bitching a moaning about it is unreal until its pointed out that they get shite decision after decision in their favour

Edited by Semimental

Btw - was class at the final whistle yesterday to see how much it meant to Carver, Coloccini and the rest of our players/staff. When they came over to us, they were absolutely buzzing. Was great to see them show so much passion, especially compared to some of the twats like Owen we've had play for us in the past.

Was his best game so far yesterday

“You always want to go back to your old club and prove to the gaffer that you are a better player,” Obertan said. “I feel like I’ve improved since arriving here, and I hope the manager is quite pleased with what I’ve done so far. I will try to play my best game, but the most important thing is the points, obviously, and what the team does. We are just trying to focus on this one and we know it is going to be a tough one. I’ve still got some really good friends there – I call Patrice Evra regularly – so I think it is going to be great to go back there, feel the atmosphere and play against him too. I’ve already told him that it’s going to be hard against me – he is in for a difficult game!”

I thought Obertan was awful yesterday.

Aye same here tbh. Preferred not to have the ball if he could avoid it iyam. There was one instance in the second where we had a throw in down the right (he might have won the throw itself, I can't remember) and he kept walking with his back to the ball when the throw in was being taken-never turned to face it to make himself available. Sounds a little thing, but was noticeable given the fight we were putting up all over the pitch. Agree with your scenes at the final whistle too. Clearly means more to this set of players than to any for a long time.